Well after an Easter of more than usual amounts of food eaten und alcohol drunk and more sport than normal the result of my first week of maintenance is down 400g ( a bit less than a pound). Not too sure if this counts as maintenance or not. Should have eaten 20 points but averaged 23. This week I am to try eating 24 points and back to my routine exercise.
This week is back to normal so my first real test at maintaining not losing. My clothing margin has grown.
I had a great NSV this week too. I went out on my motorbike, the trousers I struggled with last year ( ie took the padding out and had to leave the hip pocket zips open) are too big!!! There was room for both my arms as well!! My husband was really amazed, pleased and prowd, and that made my day.
Congrats on your loss and another person added to the growing list of people on maintenance who really don't maintain all that well --- they lose until they have a big clothing allowance and then they maintain :-).
Congrats on your NSV too!! Clothing NSVs are grand!!
--
Cheers,
Connie Walsh
241.5/194.5/155 WNM 193.5/194.5/181.5 50 lbs off 241.5/194.5/191.5
Michelle Guy said:
Well after an Easter of more than usual amounts of food eaten und alcohol drunk and more sport than normal the result of my first week of maintenance is down 400g ( a bit less than a pound). Not too sure if this counts as maintenance or not. Should have eaten 20 points but averaged 23. This week I am to try eating 24 points and back to my routine exercise.
This week is back to normal so my first real test at maintaining not losing. My clothing margin has grown.
I had a great NSV this week too. I went out on my motorbike, the trousers I struggled with last year ( ie took the padding out and had to leave the hip pocket zips open) are too big!!! There was room for both my arms as well!! My husband was really amazed, pleased and prowd, and that made my day.
Great job! This is the asdww method of maintenance, down a bit during 🙂🙂
"Michelle Guy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Well after an Easter of more than usual amounts of food eaten und alcohol drunk and more sport than normal the result of my first week of maintenance is down 400g ( a bit less than a pound). Not too sure if this counts as maintenance or not. Should have eaten 20 points but averaged 23. This week I am to try eating 24 points and back to my routine exercise.
This week is back to normal so my first real test at maintaining not losing. My clothing margin has grown.
I had a great NSV this week too. I went out on my motorbike, the trousers I struggled with last year ( ie took the padding out and had to leave the hip pocket zips open) are too big!!! There was room for both my arms as well!! My husband was really amazed, pleased and prowd, and that made my day.
That's precisely the way to MAINTAIN - increasing the clothing and goal cushion by a tad more. Congrats.
Michelle Guy said:
Well after an Easter of more than usual amounts of food eaten und alcohol drunk and more sport than normal the result of my first week of maintenance is down 400g ( a bit less than a pound). Not too sure if this counts as maintenance or not. Should have eaten 20 points but averaged 23. This week I am to try eating 24 points and back to my routine exercise.
This week is back to normal so my first real test at maintaining not losing. My clothing margin has grown.
I had a great NSV this week too. I went out on my motorbike, the trousers I struggled with last year ( ie took the padding out and had to leave the hip pocket zips open) are too big!!! There was room for both my arms as well!! My husband was really amazed, pleased and prowd, and that made my day.
Ach! You maintainers who keep losing make me think I should start maintenance now! Good job on maintaining by losing. Don't you just love those NSVs that show much you've accomplished relative to time? Each g adds up. -- Linda P 232/153.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003
Michelle Guy said:
Well after an Easter of more than usual amounts of food eaten und alcohol drunk and more sport than normal the result of my first week of maintenance is down 400g ( a bit less than a pound). Not too sure if this counts as maintenance or not. Should have eaten 20 points but averaged 23. This week I am to try eating 24 points and back to my routine exercise.
This week is back to normal so my first real test at maintaining not losing. My clothing margin has grown.
I had a great NSV this week too. I went out on my motorbike, the trousers I struggled with last year ( ie took the padding out and had to leave the hip pocket zips open) are too big!!! There was room for both my arms as well!! My husband was really amazed, pleased and prowd, and that made my day.
Julie "Michelle Guy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Well after an Easter of more than usual amounts of food eaten und alcohol drunk and more sport than normal the result of my first week of maintenance is down 400g ( a bit less than a pound). Not too sure if this counts as maintenance or not. Should have eaten 20 points but averaged 23. This week I am to try eating 24 points and back to my routine exercise.
This week is back to normal so my first real test at maintaining not losing. My clothing margin has grown.
I had a great NSV this week too. I went out on my motorbike, the trousers I struggled with last year ( ie took the padding out and had to leave the hip pocket zips open) are too big!!! There was room for both my arms as well!! My husband was really amazed, pleased and prowd, and that made my day.
It sure sounds like maintenance to me, Michelle. Congrats on the success and loss over the holidays. I noticed I continued to lose easily the first few weeks of maintenance, have often wondered if maybe the losses are still from weeks prior and then things catch up later (you know, kind of like how those gains from bad weeks won't show on the scale for a few weeks). But it really does not matter at all - a loss is a loss is a loss, and gives you a bit more of a comfort zone for those inevitable maintenance swings.
Congrats again on the terrific week!
Joyce
Michelle Guy said:
Well after an Easter of more than usual amounts of food eaten und alcohol drunk and more sport than normal the result of my first week of maintenance is down 400g ( a bit less than a pound). Not too sure if this counts as maintenance or not. Should have eaten 20 points but averaged 23. This week I am to try eating 24 points and back to my routine exercise.
This week is back to normal so my first real test at maintaining not losing. My clothing margin has grown.
I had a great NSV this week too. I went out on my motorbike, the trousers I struggled with last year ( ie took the padding out and had to leave the hip pocket zips open) are too big!!! There was room for both my arms as well!! My husband was really amazed, pleased and prowd, and that made my day.
Thanks to everyone for their congrats. I am hoping to continue with maintaining, don't really want to lose too much more, lets see how it goes. Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
WW WI 69.8 / 59.8 / 61kg 134 lbs
Quoted message said:
Michelle Guy said:
Well after an Easter of more than usual amounts of food eaten und alcohol drunk and more sport than normal the result of my first week of maintenance is down 400g ( a bit less than a pound). Not too sure if this counts as maintenance or not. Should have eaten 20 points but averaged 23. This week I am to try eating 24 points and back to my routine exercise.
This week is back to normal so my first real test at maintaining not losing. My clothing margin has grown.
I had a great NSV this week too. I went out on my motorbike, the trousers I struggled with last year ( ie took the padding out and had to leave the hip pocket zips open) are too big!!! There was room for both my arms as well!! My husband was really amazed, pleased and prowd, and that made my day.
what wonderful news, Lee Michelle Guy <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Well after an Easter of more than usual amounts of food eaten und alcohol drunk and more sport than normal the result of my first week of maintenance is down 400g ( a bit less than a pound). Not too sure if this counts as maintenance or not. Should have eaten 20 points but averaged 23. This week I am to try eating 24 points and back to my routine exercise.
This week is back to normal so my first real test at maintaining not losing. My clothing margin has grown.
I had a great NSV this week too. I went out on my motorbike, the trousers I struggled with last year ( ie took the padding out and had to leave the hip pocket zips open) are too big!!! There was room for both my arms as well!! My husband was really amazed, pleased and prowd, and that made my day.