Power meters · Public discussion

2008 Ftp?

Started by rmur17 · · Last activity · 370 posts · 54,775 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
7 February 2008
Last activity
21 January 2009
Original author
rmur17
Posts
370
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
54,775
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 301–320 of 370
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Did the Monod thing and came up with the following...

    Flat (don't do a lot of efforts on the flat but will change now I have a powertap on my track bike)
    5min 263watts
    20min 209watts
    FTP 197 watts 2.16 W/kg

    Windtrainer (don't do any efforts beyond 20min and rarely beyond 10min)
    5min 306watts (in a MAP test)
    20min 229 watts
    FTP 212 watts 2.33 W/kg

    Race
    5min 287watts
    20min 252watts
    FTP 244watts 2.68 W/kg

    Hill
    5min 285watts
    20min 264watts
    FTP 259watts 2.85 W/kg

  2. fergie said:

    Did the Monod thing and came up with the following...

    Flat (don't do a lot of efforts on the flat but will change now I have a powertap on my track bike)
    5min 263watts
    20min 209watts
    FTP 197 watts 2.16 W/kg

    Windtrainer (don't do any efforts beyond 20min and rarely beyond 10min)
    5min 306watts (in a MAP test)
    20min 229 watts
    FTP 212 watts 2.33 W/kg

    Race
    5min 287watts
    20min 252watts
    FTP 244watts 2.68 W/kg

    Hill
    5min 285watts
    20min 264watts
    FTP 259watts 2.85 W/kg


    It'd be interesting to see what the FTP calculated from you MAP test (if you can do this) is and how it compares with the above. I'm sure Alex will know how to do this.

  3. swampy1970 said:

    It'd be interesting to see what the FTP calculated from you MAP test (if you can do this) is and how it compares with the above. I'm sure Alex will know how to do this.

    I don't calculate FTP from MAP. It's just another checkpoint to use along with other more reliable methods to validate.

    FTP just typically falls into a range of 72-77% of MAP. Sometimes it falls outside that range. I have seen high 60s (e.g. me a month ago) and low 80s (a client) but that is not typical.

    Also, when using Monod, you really need full on maximal efforts for the duration and they should be from tests completed around about the same time frame (e.g. within a week or two of each other). Using data other than that is pretty pointless.

    I wouldn't use, e.g. any MMP data from a MAP test as an input into Monod.

    If using race data, then I would consider a well paced pursuit effort and a well paced 10-mile / 16km TT as good data points. I would not consider road race/crit data as typically suitable. Max effort hillclimb data is OK if well paced but one needs to consider if an individual experiences different power climbing v flat.

  4. Did a MAP test last night on track bike so little hard to find a decent cadence. Result was 341watts after a 366watts in mid winter when I was planning on going to Masters Track Worlds. Dieting pretty hard so not a lot in the tank.

    Think that 72 - 77% will over estimate FTP for me. Being a trackie I suspect that I will do better at MAP tests than others.

    Perhaps at the end of the day I need to look at the power doing what I intend to do rather than a test of any description.

  5. Much better, retested after a few weeks more stable work and back up to 335W. Still a fair way below levels from the spring (and a bit heavier :o ) but much a much happier place to start rebuilding from.

    KP....................275W.......49kg.......5.61W/kg 4th place finisher womens olympic MTB
    Squint...............332W.......63.5 kg...5.22 W/kg
    Markster............352W.......69kg......5.10 W/kg (69min TT @ 347W (5ºC)) (105min TT @ 330W)
    BullGod...............340W (KK)69kg......4.9W/Kg (elite, Benelux)
    Piotr..................267W.......55kg......4.85W/kg (M35+, Cat III, Utah)
    PSUcycling..........322W.......67kg......4.80w/kg (26,cat 1,Tx)
    MintID................370W.......77.5kg....4.78W/kg (Beginner Class)
    rmur(Mar.08).......410W.......86kg......4.77 W/kg (M45-49, PT Pro, from long L4 intervals)
    Midbunchlurker....290w........61.5kg....4.72W/Kg (35-39, Cape Town, SA)
    PaulMD...............317w.......67.5kg....4.71w/kg (recreational rider, training for La Marmotte)
    pledac................312W.......67.5kg....4.62W/kg (39, PT Pro, from 0.93*20MMP)
    esammuli............302W.......66.4kg.....4.55 W/kg (22, Cat III, SoCal)
    rmur(Feb.08).......395W.......87kg.......4.54 W/kg (M45-49, PT Pro, from long L4 intervals)
    doctorSpoc.........250W.......55kg.......4.5W/kg (M1/MB Ontario)
    Rob P..................335W.........76kg.......4.40W/kg (Welsh 2nd Cat, 20.04 for 10m TT)
    iliveonnitro...........290W........67kg.....4.33W/kg (21, cat3, IL)
    tehpr3chr............315W......73kg.......4.3W/Kg (Cat III, GA)
    Tyson.................315W......73kg.......4.3W/Kg (Sillyoldtwit)
    strader...............285W.......66.5kg....4.28W/kg (Cat V, Sport MTB)
    bbrauer..............290W.......68kg.......4.26W/kg
    waterrockets.......345W.......80.9kg....4.26W/kg (M35+ road, Austin (Cat III))
    Hammertoe.........256W.......61.2kg....4.18W/kg (middle aged, well marbled, hill climber)
    Ade Merckx.........300W (KK)72kg.......4.16W/Kg (UK 3rd cat)
    tonyzackery........365W.......88kg.......4.15W/kg (Cat4, 1hr+ L4 climbs on trainer)
    grahamspringett.....268W.....65kg.......4.12W/kg (Masters 2, looking forward to 32km mountain climb in stage race)
    Miscreant............260W.......63.5kg....4.09W/kg (Cat 5,new to racing)
    Sgrundy..............263W.......64.3kg....4.09W/kg (Cat 4, NYC, 20'MMP * 0.95)
    bigwillie013...........290W.......72kg......4.03W/kg beginner in racing loosing some fitness and gaining weight wrong way, eh?
    bigbadwoulfe.......293W.......72.0kg.....4.02W/kg (Over estimated my FTP. 320 down to this level. 3x20 @305 W used monod sheet)
    ctgt...................270W.......70kg.......3.94W/kg (M2 Ontario, previously S4, mostly Citizen MTB)
    Betulla ...............269W.......70kg.......3.85W/kg (Cat V, Ohio, training for the 2008 Etape)
    mikeyp123...........260W.......67.5kg.....3.85W/kg (Cat 5, SoCal, 32, racer noob, 230 -> 260 so far this season)
    No1kung1............294W.......77kg.......3.82W/kg (Cat 3, NYC)
    otb4evr...............375W.......99kg.......3.79w/kg (Cat3, 40+, 40k @ 56:51 - 348 AP on TT bike)
    Simone...............226W.......60,7kg.... 3.72 W/kg (Simone@Italy, 30, rides for fun)
    artemidorus.........322W.......86kg.......3.71 W/kg (commuter, rides for fun, "races" friends, 38)
    ruleof72..............272W.......74kg.......3.67W/kg (almost 44, former bad crit racer, likes to climb)
    Millzebub.............310W.......86kg.......3.6W/kg (Cat 5, new racer, 36, oakland, ca)
    catlike.................232W.......65kg......3.57W/kg (2nd year of training, M32)
    kopride................283W.......79.5kg....3.55 W/kg (Weekend Warrior, Philly)
    Swampy.............305W......87.3Kg...3.50W/kg (Kicked in the Monads)
    dkrenik................260W......78.9kg.....3.3W/kg (4erver4, M45+, Colorado)
    RJBTrek...............243W.......85kg.......2.86W/kg (Cat 5, Chicago, 47, new to racing)
    Fergie.................241W.......91kg.......2.64W/kg (37yrs, M1 NZ, fat rider, underweight coach, MAP 367W)
    Alex Simmons.......240W.......92kg.......2.61W/kg (MAP 355W, 10-mile TT 248W, SRM, M40+ track enduro, acquired LBK amputee in 2007)
    Felt_Rider...........190W.........78kg......2.43W/kg (club rider)

  6. Fast hilly group ride meant I get to go up one place on the list. Also come off a speed week where I kept well fueled and did some racing. Long way to next one.

    KP....................275W.......49kg.......5.61W/kg 4th place finisher womens olympic MTB
    Squint...............332W.......63.5 kg...5.22 W/kg
    Markster............352W.......69kg......5.10 W/kg (69min TT @ 347W (5ºC)) (105min TT @ 330W)
    BullGod...............340W (KK)69kg......4.9W/Kg (elite, Benelux)
    Piotr..................267W.......55kg......4.85W/kg (M35+, Cat III, Utah)
    PSUcycling..........322W.......67kg......4.80w/kg (26,cat 1,Tx)
    MintID................370W.......77.5kg....4.78W/kg (Beginner Class)
    rmur(Mar.08).......410W.......86kg......4.77 W/kg (M45-49, PT Pro, from long L4 intervals)
    Midbunchlurker....290w........61.5kg....4.72W/Kg (35-39, Cape Town, SA)
    PaulMD...............317w.......67.5kg....4.71w/kg (recreational rider, training for La Marmotte)
    pledac................312W.......67.5kg....4.62W/kg (39, PT Pro, from 0.93*20MMP)
    esammuli............302W.......66.4kg.....4.55 W/kg (22, Cat III, SoCal)
    rmur(Feb.08).......395W.......87kg.......4.54 W/kg (M45-49, PT Pro, from long L4 intervals)
    doctorSpoc.........250W.......55kg.......4.5W/kg (M1/MB Ontario)
    Rob P..................335W.........76kg.......4.40W/kg (Welsh 2nd Cat, 20.04 for 10m TT)
    iliveonnitro...........290W........67kg.....4.33W/kg (21, cat3, IL)
    tehpr3chr............315W......73kg.......4.3W/Kg (Cat III, GA)
    Tyson.................315W......73kg.......4.3W/Kg (Sillyoldtwit)
    strader...............285W.......66.5kg....4.28W/kg (Cat V, Sport MTB)
    bbrauer..............290W.......68kg.......4.26W/kg
    waterrockets.......345W.......80.9kg....4.26W/kg (M35+ road, Austin (Cat III))
    Hammertoe.........256W.......61.2kg....4.18W/kg (middle aged, well marbled, hill climber)
    Ade Merckx.........300W (KK)72kg.......4.16W/Kg (UK 3rd cat)
    tonyzackery........365W.......88kg.......4.15W/kg (Cat4, 1hr+ L4 climbs on trainer)
    grahamspringett.....268W.....65kg.......4.12W/kg (Masters 2, looking forward to 32km mountain climb in stage race)
    Miscreant............260W.......63.5kg....4.09W/kg (Cat 5,new to racing)
    Sgrundy..............263W.......64.3kg....4.09W/kg (Cat 4, NYC, 20'MMP * 0.95)
    bigwillie013...........290W.......72kg......4.03W/kg beginner in racing loosing some fitness and gaining weight wrong way, eh?
    bigbadwoulfe.......293W.......72.0kg.....4.02W/kg (Over estimated my FTP. 320 down to this level. 3x20 @305 W used monod sheet)
    ctgt...................270W.......70kg.......3.94W/kg (M2 Ontario, previously S4, mostly Citizen MTB)
    Betulla ...............269W.......70kg.......3.85W/kg (Cat V, Ohio, training for the 2008 Etape)
    mikeyp123...........260W.......67.5kg.....3.85W/kg (Cat 5, SoCal, 32, racer noob, 230 -> 260 so far this season)
    No1kung1............294W.......77kg.......3.82W/kg (Cat 3, NYC)
    otb4evr...............375W.......99kg.......3.79w/kg (Cat3, 40+, 40k @ 56:51 - 348 AP on TT bike)
    Simone...............226W.......60,7kg.... 3.72 W/kg (Simone@Italy, 30, rides for fun)
    artemidorus.........322W.......86kg.......3.71 W/kg (commuter, rides for fun, "races" friends, 38)
    ruleof72..............272W.......74kg.......3.67W/kg (almost 44, former bad crit racer, likes to climb)
    Millzebub.............310W.......86kg.......3.6W/kg (Cat 5, new racer, 36, oakland, ca)
    catlike.................232W.......65kg......3.57W/kg (2nd year of training, M32)
    kopride................283W.......79.5kg....3.55 W/kg (Weekend Warrior, Philly)
    Swampy.............305W......87.3Kg...3.50W/kg (Kicked in the Monads)
    dkrenik................260W......78.9kg.....3.3W/kg (4erver4, M45+, Colorado)
    Fergie.................261W.......89.5kg.......2.91W/kg (37yrs, 1.735m, 10m TT 25.00 on very slow course, MAP 367W)
    RJBTrek...............243W.......85kg.......2.86W/kg (Cat 5, Chicago, 47, new to racing)
    Alex Simmons.......240W.......92kg.......2.61W/kg (MAP 355W, 10-mile TT 248W, SRM, M40+ track enduro, acquired LBK amputee in 2007)
    Felt_Rider...........190W.........78kg......2.43W/kg (club rider)

  7. An extra 20watts and a few kilos less. Nice going Fergie.

    I better get my act together and lose a few pounds myself!

  8. swampy1970 said:

    An extra 20watts and a few kilos less. Nice going Fergie.

    I better get my act together and lose a few pounds myself!

    Yeah ya sods, I'm getting left behind at the mo' :p

  9. Alex Simmons said:

    Yeah ya sods, I'm getting left behind at the mo' :p


    What about me :o
    Life down at the bottom 😄

    What is worse as I am finding that I am no longer a cycling newbie. Ya know the awesome period of time when you start something strange and new and your body reacts no matter how sloppy and unorganized your training is your performance make huge jumps?

    I am no longer in that period just as I start recording data with a PM. Progress has slowed greatly. I am thinking I will be at the bottom of the list for a long time since my body is better suited for lifting than for cycling, but I will keep working hard and see where I end up. If it is still at the bottom of this list there has to be someone in this world that I can drop out on the road. 🙂

  10. Felt_Rider said:

    What about me :o
    Life down at the bottom 😄

    What is worse as I am finding that I am no longer a cycling newbie. Ya know the awesome period of time when you start something strange and new and your body reacts no matter how sloppy and unorganized your training is your performance make huge jumps?

    I am no longer in that period just as I start recording data with a PM. Progress has slowed greatly. I am thinking I will be at the bottom of the list for a long time since my body is better suited for lifting than for cycling, but I will keep working hard and see where I end up. If it is still at the bottom of this list there has to be someone in this world that I can drop out on the road. 🙂


    Yeah, but didn't you post some data a while back that showed an average power output of over 200watts for a ride that was a couple of hours long? I think somewhere you've got more than a few watts hidden that you just need to find a way to unleash... If you lay off the lifting for 10 to 14 days before the next FTP test you may be pleasantly surprised.

  11. swampy1970 said:

    Yeah, but didn't you post some data a while back that showed an average power output of over 200watts for a ride that was a couple of hours long? I think somewhere you've got more than a few watts hidden that you just need to find a way to unleash... If you lay off the lifting for 10 to 14 days before the next FTP test you may be pleasantly surprised.

    Someone noticed a post and then remembered my FTP claim and then stated that something didn't add up. The LINK that the person saw.

    I had established my FTP from a test while on the trainer instead of on the roadway. I did this because that is where I do all of my training during the week. The data in link above felt like (RPE) a L3 ride to me on the outdoor course. It seemed pretty easy on the road, but I know on the trainer I do good to hold 190 for an hour.

    I will do as you say and rest up (not lift weights) before the next test. I may not do another test until the spring and then I will look for a place out on the roadway that I can test without interruptions. Thanks for the tips.

  12. Decided to post my fall 2007 thru 2008 FTP/CTL summary chart instead of a long writeup. Warts and all ...

    Peak was 10-15W better than 2007 but the season was not as consistent as I hoped. On the -ve side, I hit a nice peak in early April and at the time hoped that was another step on the "stairs" but clearly couldn't hold that level. On the +ve side, by late August/September, I was close to that level and enjoyed the best string of races I've ever put together.

  13. rmur17 said:

    Decided to post my fall 2007 thru 2008 FTP/CTL summary chart instead of a long writeup. Warts and all ...


    How many FTP tests did you do?! I noticed a lot of data points on that FTP line.

  14. strader said:

    How many FTP tests did you do?! I noticed a lot of data points on that FTP line.

    Good question. I predominantly use Deadly sin #6 from Dr. Coggan's list:

    ...er, ways of determining your functional threshold power (roughly in
    order of increasing certainty):

    1) from inspection of a ride file.
    2) from power distribution profile from multiple rides.
    3) from blood lactate measurements (better or worse, depending on how it

    is done).
    4) based on normalized power from a hard ~1 h race.
    5) using critical power testing and analysis.
    6) from the power that you can routinely generate during long intervals
    done in training.
    7) from the average power during a ~1 h TT (the best predictor of
    performance is performance itself).

    Occasionally #5 ....

    So I have plenty of FTP-ish workouts to evaluate. Some weeks due to travel, illness etc -- I just estimated the FTP or left it the same as the previous week. I guess I should note I did not vary FTP in WKO as often as indicated here - it's my best estimate of FTP every week over the pre-season and season. I think I kept FTP in WKO at either 400 or 410 during the bulk of the season.

    Formal FTP tests - motivated, rested etc? I have to admit a fat zero!

  15. rmur17 said:

    Good question. I predominantly use Deadly sin #6 from Dr. Coggan's list:

    ...er, ways of determining your functional threshold power (roughly in
    order of increasing certainty):

    1) from inspection of a ride file.
    2) from power distribution profile from multiple rides.
    3) from blood lactate measurements (better or worse, depending on how it

    is done).
    4) based on normalized power from a hard ~1 h race.
    5) using critical power testing and analysis.
    6) from the power that you can routinely generate during long intervals
    done in training.
    7) from the average power during a ~1 h TT (the best predictor of
    performance is performance itself).

    Occasionally #5 ....

    So I have plenty of FTP-ish workouts to evaluate. Some weeks due to travel, illness etc -- I just estimated the FTP or left it the same as the previous week. I guess I should note I did not vary FTP in WKO as often as indicated here - it's my best estimate of FTP every week over the pre-season and season. I think I kept FTP in WKO at either 400 or 410 during the bulk of the season.

    Formal FTP tests - motivated, rested etc? I have to admit a fat zero!


    So you're able to knock out ~400watt efforts for long L4 intervals - say 20 minutes? Wow...

  16. swampy1970 said:

    So you're able to knock out ~400watt efforts for long L4 intervals - say 20 minutes? Wow...

    well I weigh closer to 100kg than 60kg so W/kg is not special. But yes, quite regularly over the year, I did 400-410W on the CT in ergo mode for long intervals - usually ~30min on the 1st effort. My last such w/o was on Oct. 30th with 400W ergo for 30:15 with some half-assed (maintenance) L5 followup.

    My very best efforts were 420W ergo x 32:30 in early April (absolute peak) and 400W ergo x 45:00 in late August. 20MP best 430W, 15MP 445W, 10MP 463W, 5MP ~500W.

    It's been a slow buildup since training with power since late 2002 (325W baseline FTP) - adding about 20W FTP per year. For power measurement I have the CT indoors, my trusty ole PR Pro on the road bike and an SRM Pro on the TT bike. I cross-check all PM's in the fall and in the spring. Nothing worse than perceived gains turning into 'drift'!

    {edit: I did not or never have posted huge gains overnight!}

    On the flip-side, 1-min power sucketh big-time - around 650W best and 5-sec maybe 950W. I very seldom break the kilowatt mark even for peak power on the powertap. Low AWC, zero fast-twitch, zero sprint!

  17. rmur17 said:

    well I weigh closer to 100kg than 60kg so W/kg is not special. But yes, quite regularly over the year, I did 400-410W on the CT in ergo mode for long intervals - usually ~30min on the 1st effort. My last such w/o was on Oct. 30th with 400W ergo for 30:15 with some half-assed (maintenance) L5 followup.

    My very best efforts were 420W ergo x 32:30 in early April (absolute peak) and 400W ergo x 45:00 in late August. 20MP best 430W, 15MP 445W, 10MP 463W, 5MP ~500W.

    It's been a slow buildup since training with power since late 2002 (325W baseline FTP) - adding about 20W FTP per year. For power measurement I have the CT indoors, my trusty ole PR Pro on the road bike and an SRM Pro on the TT bike. I cross-check all PM's in the fall and in the spring. Nothing worse than perceived gains turning into 'drift'!

    On the flip-side, 1-min power sucketh big-time - around 650W best and 5-sec maybe 950W. I very seldom break the kilowatt mark even for peak power on the powertap. Low AWC, zero fast-twitch, zero sprint!


    500 watts for 5 minutes. Holy smokes batman... that's some motoring. Nice job.

  18. swampy1970 said:

    500 watts for 5 minutes. Holy smokes batman... that's some motoring. Nice job.

    I just checked back and, in Nov.2002, FTP was 325W & 5MP 390W for a 5MP/FTP ratio of 1.20.

    In September, 2008 the best numbers were 415W & 500W for a ratio of ..... 1.20. Bit surprising but I had ridden on and off since '88 so I was nowhere near a newbie in 2002.

    For a real world reference, on our local (somewhat slow) TT course my times have come down from around 32:30 in 2002 to 27:30 this year. Some of that, of course, is due to improved aerodynamics but the majority is simply improved threshold power.

  19. KP....................275W.......49kg.......5.61W/kg 4th place finisher womens olympic MTB
    Squint...............332W.......63.5 kg...5.22 W/kg
    BullGod...............340W (KK)69kg......4.9W/Kg (elite, Benelux)
    Piotr..................267W.......55kg......4.85W/kg (M35+, Cat III, Utah)
    PSUcycling..........322W.......67kg......4.80w/kg (26,cat 1,Tx)
    MintID................370W.......77.5kg....4.78W/kg (Beginner Class)
    rmur(Mar.08).......410W.......86kg......4.77 W/kg (M45-49, PT Pro, from long L4 intervals)
    Midbunchlurker....290w........61.5kg....4.72W/Kg (35-39, Cape Town, SA)
    PaulMD...............317w.......67.5kg....4.71w/kg (recreational rider, training for La Marmotte)
    pledac................312W.......67.5kg....4.62W/kg (39, PT Pro, from 0.93*20MMP)
    esammuli............302W.......66.4kg.....4.55 W/kg (22, Cat III, SoCal)
    rmur(Feb.08).......395W.......87kg.......4.54 W/kg (M45-49, PT Pro, from long L4 intervals)
    doctorSpoc.........250W.......55kg.......4.5W/kg (M1/MB Ontario)
    Rob P..................335W.........76kg.......4.40W/kg (Welsh 2nd Cat, 20.04 for 10m TT)
    iliveonnitro...........290W........67kg.....4.33W/kg (21, cat3, IL)
    tehpr3chr............315W......73kg.......4.3W/Kg (Cat III, GA)
    Tyson.................315W......73kg.......4.3W/Kg (Sillyoldtwit)
    strader...............285W.......66.5kg....4.28W/kg (Cat V, Sport MTB)
    bbrauer..............290W.......68kg.......4.26W/kg
    waterrockets.......345W.......80.9kg....4.26W/kg (M35+ road, Austin (Cat III))
    Hammertoe.........256W.......61.2kg....4.18W/kg (middle aged, well marbled, hill climber)
    Markster...........309W.......74kg......4.18 W/kg (was 352W - 69kg - 5.10 W/kg during the season!)
    Ade Merckx.........300W (KK)72kg.......4.16W/Kg (UK 3rd cat)
    tonyzackery........365W.......88kg.......4.15W/kg (Cat4, 1hr+ L4 climbs on trainer)
    grahamspringett.....268W.....65kg.......4.12W/kg (Masters 2, looking forward to 32km mountain climb in stage race)
    Miscreant............260W.......63.5kg....4.09W/kg (Cat 5,new to racing)
    Sgrundy..............263W.......64.3kg....4.09W/kg (Cat 4, NYC, 20'MMP * 0.95)
    bigwillie013...........290W.......72kg......4.03W/kg beginner in racing loosing some fitness and gaining weight wrong way, eh?
    bigbadwoulfe.......293W.......72.0kg.....4.02W/kg (Over estimated my FTP. 320 down to this level. 3x20 @305 W used monod sheet)
    ctgt...................270W.......70kg.......3.94W/kg (M2 Ontario, previously S4, mostly Citizen MTB)
    Betulla ...............269W.......70kg.......3.85W/kg (Cat V, Ohio, training for the 2008 Etape)
    mikeyp123...........260W.......67.5kg.....3.85W/kg (Cat 5, SoCal, 32, racer noob, 230 -> 260 so far this season)
    No1kung1............294W.......77kg.......3.82W/kg (Cat 3, NYC)
    otb4evr...............375W.......99kg.......3.79w/kg (Cat3, 40+, 40k @ 56:51 - 348 AP on TT bike)
    Simone...............226W.......60,7kg.... 3.72 W/kg (Simone@Italy, 30, rides for fun)
    artemidorus.........322W.......86kg.......3.71 W/kg (commuter, rides for fun, "races" friends, 38)
    ruleof72..............272W.......74kg.......3.67W/kg (almost 44, former bad crit racer, likes to climb)
    Millzebub.............310W.......86kg.......3.6W/kg (Cat 5, new racer, 36, oakland, ca)
    catlike.................232W.......65kg......3.57W/kg (2nd year of training, M32)
    kopride................283W.......79.5kg....3.55 W/kg (Weekend Warrior, Philly)
    Swampy.............305W......87.3Kg...3.50W/kg (Kicked in the Monads)
    dkrenik................260W......78.9kg.....3.3W/kg (4erver4, M45+, Colorado)
    Fergie.................261W.......89.5kg.......2.91W/kg (37yrs, 1.735m, 10m TT 25.00 on very slow course, MAP 367W)
    RJBTrek...............243W.......85kg.......2.86W/kg (Cat 5, Chicago, 47, new to racing)
    Alex Simmons.......240W.......92kg.......2.61W/kg (MAP 355W, 10-mile TT 248W, SRM, M40+ track enduro, acquired LBK amputee in 2007)
    Felt_Rider...........190W.........78kg......2.43W/kg (club rider)

    ...thats what a couple of weeks sick, and a few weeks recovering from a long hard season can do to you!

  20. Markster said:

    KP....................275W.......49kg.......5.61W/kg 4th place finisher womens olympic MTB
    Squint...............332W.......63.5 kg...5.22 W/kg
    BullGod...............340W (KK)69kg......4.9W/Kg (elite, Benelux)
    Piotr..................267W.......55kg......4.85W/kg (M35+, Cat III, Utah)
    PSUcycling..........322W.......67kg......4.80w/kg (26,cat 1,Tx)
    MintID................370W.......77.5kg....4.78W/kg (Beginner Class)
    Midbunchlurker....290w........61.5kg....4.72W/Kg (35-39, Cape Town, SA)
    PaulMD...............317w.......67.5kg....4.71w/kg (recreational rider, training for La Marmotte)
    pledac................312W.......67.5kg....4.62W/kg (39, PT Pro, from 0.93*20MMP)
    esammuli............302W.......66.4kg.....4.55 W/kg (22, Cat III, SoCal)
    doctorSpoc.........250W.......55kg.......4.5W/kg (M1/MB Ontario)
    Rob P..................335W.........76kg.......4.40W/kg (Welsh 2nd Cat, 20.04 for 10m TT)
    rmur (Nov. 08)...385W......88kg......4.38 w/kg (M40-49, from long L4 intervals, down ~5% from in-season)
    iliveonnitro...........290W........67kg.....4.33W/kg (21, cat3, IL)
    tehpr3chr............315W......73kg.......4.3W/Kg (Cat III, GA)
    Tyson.................315W......73kg.......4.3W/Kg (Sillyoldtwit)
    strader...............285W.......66.5kg....4.28W/kg (Cat V, Sport MTB)
    bbrauer..............290W.......68kg.......4.26W/kg
    waterrockets.......345W.......80.9kg....4.26W/kg (M35+ road, Austin (Cat III))
    Hammertoe.........256W.......61.2kg....4.18W/kg (middle aged, well marbled, hill climber)
    Markster...........309W.......74kg......4.18 W/kg (was 352W - 69kg - 5.10 W/kg during the season!)
    Ade Merckx.........300W (KK)72kg.......4.16W/Kg (UK 3rd cat)
    tonyzackery........365W.......88kg.......4.15W/kg (Cat4, 1hr+ L4 climbs on trainer)
    grahamspringett.....268W.....65kg.......4.12W/kg (Masters 2, looking forward to 32km mountain climb in stage race)
    Miscreant............260W.......63.5kg....4.09W/kg (Cat 5,new to racing)
    Sgrundy..............263W.......64.3kg....4.09W/kg (Cat 4, NYC, 20'MMP * 0.95)
    bigwillie013...........290W.......72kg......4.03W/kg beginner in racing loosing some fitness and gaining weight wrong way, eh?
    bigbadwoulfe.......293W.......72.0kg.....4.02W/kg (Over estimated my FTP. 320 down to this level. 3x20 @305 W used monod sheet)
    ctgt...................270W.......70kg.......3.94W/kg (M2 Ontario, previously S4, mostly Citizen MTB)
    Betulla ...............269W.......70kg.......3.85W/kg (Cat V, Ohio, training for the 2008 Etape)
    mikeyp123...........260W.......67.5kg.....3.85W/kg (Cat 5, SoCal, 32, racer noob, 230 -> 260 so far this season)
    No1kung1............294W.......77kg.......3.82W/kg (Cat 3, NYC)
    otb4evr...............375W.......99kg.......3.79w/kg (Cat3, 40+, 40k @ 56:51 - 348 AP on TT bike)
    Simone...............226W.......60,7kg.... 3.72 W/kg (Simone@Italy, 30, rides for fun)
    artemidorus.........322W.......86kg.......3.71 W/kg (commuter, rides for fun, "races" friends, 38)
    ruleof72..............272W.......74kg.......3.67W/kg (almost 44, former bad crit racer, likes to climb)
    Millzebub.............310W.......86kg.......3.6W/kg (Cat 5, new racer, 36, oakland, ca)
    catlike.................232W.......65kg......3.57W/kg (2nd year of training, M32)
    kopride................283W.......79.5kg....3.55 W/kg (Weekend Warrior, Philly)
    Swampy.............305W......87.3Kg...3.50W/kg (Kicked in the Monads)
    dkrenik................260W......78.9kg.....3.3W/kg (4erver4, M45+, Colorado)
    Fergie.................261W.......89.5kg.......2.91W/kg (37yrs, 1.735m, 10m TT 25.00 on very slow course, MAP 367W)
    RJBTrek...............243W.......85kg.......2.86W/kg (Cat 5, Chicago, 47, new to racing)
    Alex Simmons.......240W.......92kg.......2.61W/kg (MAP 355W, 10-mile TT 248W, SRM, M40+ track enduro, acquired LBK amputee in 2007)
    Felt_Rider...........190W.........78kg......2.43W/kg (club rider)

    ...thats what a couple of weeks sick, and a few weeks recovering from a long hard season can do to you!

    I'm sure Markster will be briskly moving up the list! Me: I need to lose some blubber :o. I'd like to knock off 5kg by June.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.