2012 Tour de France

I wonder if Mørkøv don't like the smell in the peliton ... 3'd stage, 3'd day on a long trip ahead.

I think he's smart in avoiding the repeated stupid falls in the bunch.

Sky loses Sivtsov.

Crash! Again...

Farrar down. ****. Back up and chasing.

Hoogerland! Down.

Damn! Does Sagan ever breathe hard?
His explosiveness reminds me of Gilbert from last year.

It'll be damned interesting to see what comes of Sagan's potential, especially considering he's only 22. He does seem to be the real deal, and he's piling on the top-notch performances this year.

Originally Posted by danfoz .

Fabian Cancellara "complaining" about sprinters teams not coming to the front yesterday and doing more work? What's next, falling down, grabbing our shins, and crying like they do in that nancy boy sport? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif
C'mon, we all know that Spartacus' wins are all the more impressive due to the fact HIS MASSIVE BALLS outweigh the entire Euskaltel team.

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .
. It'll be an interesting Tour to see how the lad does getting to the finish mostly by himself.
That was the one thing I was a bit skeptical about, but he ended up on his own at a few finished when Renshaw got DQ'ed in '10(?) and showed pretty good instincts as far as picking his way through the pack and being there at the finish.

I'm pretty comfortable as a converted skeptic in saying all the other sprinters are just living in Cav's world.

Quick question - am I the only person whose mind is utterly blown by the fact that the genial, well-fed guy the riders shake hands with immediately after stepping off the podium is The Badger?

Originally Posted by Chavez .

Quick question - am I the only person whose mind is utterly blown by the fact that the genial, well-fed guy the riders shake hands with immediately after stepping off the podium is The Badger?
Nice Pic! Maybe as a fellow cyclist one was relatively safe from Bernie's ire.

And that's good ole Phil A. in the BG who I had pegged for a shot at Le Tour if Team Peugeot had decided to race for him instead of their broken clavicle'd Simon, and before his ridiculous ponytail.

I'll admit I'm not the biggest Cav fan but I hate to see pretty much any rider who's not Riccardo Ricco hit the deck like that.

Still, it adds a smidge of interest to the sprint - "who is going to establish himself as the 2nd best sprinter?"; right now I think it's a push between Greipel and Goss, with Sagan coming up hard on their tail, and Petacchi slipping.

Originally Posted by dreamer4ever .

Hei limerickman! Here in Norway is not a good weather either and this gives me even better excuses to watch tv and follow the guys !
But chear up! The sun is just around the corner!
Hey, the sun is never around the corner in this country. Unfortunately/img/vbsmilies/smilies/duck.gif

Originally Posted by alienator .

It'll be damned interesting to see what comes of Sagan's potential, especially considering he's only 22. He does seem to be the real deal, and he's piling on the top-notch performances this year.
Agreed. This Sagan fella is some talent.

I haven't seen him ride much but from everything I have read about him, he does seem to be a very special talent

Originally Posted by Chavez .

C'mon, we all know that Spartacus' wins are all the more impressive due to the fact HIS MASSIVE BALLS outweigh the entire Euskaltel team.
I take it that you're a Canc fan, Chavez?

Some of those yellow helmets Sky is wearing don't look vented at all (except for some teeny ones on the side). Is that the case?

Originally Posted by danfoz .

Some of those yellow helmets Sky is wearing don't look vented at all (except for some teeny ones on the side). Is that the case?

I saw someone wearing a hard plastic cover that snaps over the helmet in Flanders a few yrs back, I am guessing that instead of painting the helmets yellow, some (or all?) of the riders on Sky are using those as long as they are leading the team competition.

Originally Posted by limerickman .

I take it that you're a Canc fan, Chavez?

Yeah, pretty much. Though I don't think you have to be a Canc fan to realize he's a class rider and arguably the best in the sport among time trialists/classics riders - as good as Tony Martin, Phillippe Gilbert, and Tom Boonen have been, over the past 3-4 yrs it's very much been "how is Cancellara going to lose?" in any tt/classic he is in.