rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

24" Unicycles are Awesome!!!!!

Started by markwatson · · Last activity · 12 posts · 316 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
18 May 2008
Last activity
18 May 2008
Original author
markwatson
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
316
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi there,

    I finally picked up my first 24" unicycle yesterday (after winning it
    for £15 on eBay - great bargain!) and it is awesome to ride! It feels
    big to start with, but when riding it feels so much smoother than my
    20" unicycle! I've also managed to freemount it a few times, so I think
    it's great!

    However, I should say that switching back to the 20" does make it feel
    incredibly small! Also, I still struggle to idle more than a couple of
    times on my 20" unicycle, so idling on my 24" must be really hard!

    Anyway, just thought I would let my views be known! Anyone else out
    there love 24" unicycles?

    Take care

    Mark

    --
    markwatson

    Magical Mark Watson - Christian magician, juggler, puppeteer, and
    all-round entertainer!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    markwatson's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16576
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70037

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. 🙂

    --
    Jkohse

    😠 🙁 :o 🙂 😄 www.jkohse.wordpress.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jkohse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14634
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70037

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. My 24" MUni is by far my favorite unicycle. It's a wonderfully
    responsive wheel size.

    --
    augustdreamt

    -Of whom did August dream?-

    'Nimbus Muni - The Distance'
    (

    ) - 'Nimbus 29er - The First
    Day' (

    )

    My To-Do List: Idle * Side mount * Hops * Rolling mount * Backwards
    riding * One-foot riding * Jump mount * 12-inch drops * One-foot idling
    * Kick-up mount * Walk the wheel * Ride down stairs
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    augustdreamt's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16565
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70037

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. 29ers more so 😄

    --
    jamessd


    Add me, but tel me who you are :p:
    [email hidden]

    Kieron said:

    I tell u wat they would have to be a very commited pedo to learn to ride
    a unicycle in order to mingle with us, steel one of us and rape us in a
    bush.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jamessd's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15102
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70037

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  5. jamessd said:

    29ers more so 😄

    29ers are great for XC, but fail epically in technical sections. Ever
    tried north shore riding on a 29" wheel, not so fun. 24" is great, but
    24x3" is even better.

    --
    kerosian

    Unicycle for Ra

    DustinSchaap said:

    why would you kill the 5 yr olds? there's so much more fun things you
    can do with them 🙄


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    kerosian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13944
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70037

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  6. I love my KH MUni; I have it upgraded and it's everything I could want
    in a great MUni! I just don't know if anything bigger than a 24 could
    handle big drops and sheer hardcore technical as well as a 24,
    especially mine with a LM 65mm rim! But then again, I've done 4' drops
    on my radial 36er! One good thing about 26ers is that there's a zillion
    tire choices since that's the common mtb size.

    --
    MuniAddict

    'My videos' (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699)
    My sponsors (Not -pretentious!- 🙂🙄😎😄)_
    www.uniproshop.com (\"http://www.uniproshop.com\"😉
    _'www.sixsixone.com' (http://sixsixone.com/)
    'www.twinsbikeshop.com' (http://www.twinsbikeshop.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniAddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12920
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70037

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  7. 🙂 Glad you're enjoying your new 24"...I'm exactly the same!

    Had my 20" for a couple of months and did everything on it, including
    commuting the 2-3 miles to uni.

    With my 24" long distance is soooo much easier, and you can go so much
    faster.
    When going back to my 20" I feel that, although it is small, I have
    much more control over it now after having experienced a bigger wheel.

    And, I also can't idle on either yet.🙁

    --
    net_hippy

    Sometimes I touch myself at night and think about me...

    http://www.willwemakeit.com/africanpanda
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    net_hippy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16893
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70037

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  8. 24" are great 🙂

    I just wish i hadnt spent so much on an expensive 24" when i could have
    spent half as much and still been able to do everything i do on it...

    it also means i could have bought a decent 20" too

    I'd love to try out a 29" though

    --
    Crizzzz
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Crizzzz's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15803
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70037

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  9. Crizzzz said:

    I just wish i hadnt spent so much on an expensive 24" when i could have
    spent half as much and still been able to do everything i do on it...

    I've wondered if maybe I should have done that, but I reckon paying the
    extra will pay off in the long run. Will last much longer and generally
    be more funtime muni.

    --
    net_hippy

    Sometimes I touch myself at night and think about me...

    http://www.willwemakeit.com/africanpanda
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    net_hippy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16893
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70037

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  10. markwatson said:


    However, I should say that switching back to the 20" does make it feel
    incredibly small!

    Yeah, it'll do that! LOL. I spent a few months where I only ever rode
    my 29er, and most of the time that was in high gear (effective 43.5"
    diameter). It was a nightmare learning to ride my 20" again! I kept
    throwing my body forwards at the speed it expected to go, even though
    the wheel had hardly moved.

    STM

    --
    semach.the.monkey
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    semach.the.monkey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12078
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70037

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  11. Yes, I remember the excitement of my first 24" unicycle. It's a
    versatile size and good fun.

    --
    Mikefule

    Any fool can spot that something is stupid; the trick is to think of an
    alternative that everyone else agrees isn't stupid.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mikefule's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/879
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70037

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  12. kerosian said:

    29ers are great for XC, but fail epically in technical sections. Ever
    tried north shore riding on a 29" wheel, not so fun. 24" is great, but
    24x3" is even better.

    But still, tackling technical stuff on a 29 just makes you evermore
    hardcore! :p

    --
    jamessd


    Add me, but tel me who you are :p:
    [email hidden]

    Kieron said:

    I tell u wat they would have to be a very commited pedo to learn to ride
    a unicycle in order to mingle with us, steel one of us and rape us in a
    bush.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jamessd's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15102
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/70037

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.