Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

3.35kg racing bike

Started by Rik O'Shea · · Last activity · 8 posts · 313 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
17 September 2007
Last activity
18 September 2007
Original author
Rik O'Shea
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
313
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. That's right a 3.35kg racing bike!

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tech/shows/eurobike07/index.php?id=/photos/2007/tech/shows/eurobike07/eurobike0710/33kg_bike

  2. Rik O'Shea said:

    That's right a 3.35kg racing bike!

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tech/shows/eurobike07/index.ph...

    Is it suspended because it would be crushed under it's own weight?

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Rik O'Shea said:

    That's right a 3.35kg racing bike!

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tech/shows/eurobike07/index.php?id=/pho
    tos/2007/tech/shows/eurobike07/eurobike0710/33kg_bike

    I think you are pushing it to say it's a "racing bike". Lucky if it
    doesn't fall apart after 5km. :P
    --

  4. Rik O'Shea said:

    That's right a 3.35kg racing bike!

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tech/shows/eurobike07/index.ph...

    I weigh about 200 with clothes on. My bike is about 20 lbs. With water
    bottles, tools, grub and tires maybe about 25 to 27lbs. With that bike
    under me, I would be 20 lbs lighter. I could certainly go faster
    uphills, for 60 seconds before the bike explodes below me. the people
    that can ride that bike don't need it anyways.

    In our weekend ride there is this guy that often brings a bike that
    weighs at around 12 lbs. he weighs about 135 lbs. The bike has
    problems every other ride. The thing is that he is so light that he
    doesn't need such a light bike anyways. He always tells me that I must
    be really strong since I can keep up with my grey whale bike.

    One time he gave me a wheel to hold. It was so incredibly light. He
    said that the wheelset was $2200. Holly f__k!

    Actually, my bike is pretty heavy cause I carry three water bottles
    and tons of munchies that I end up sharing with the bonkers and
    crampers.

    Andres

  5. Rik O'Shea said:

    That's right a 3.35kg racing bike!

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tech/shows/eurobike07/index.ph...

    [censored]. Racing bikes have handlebar tape. I'm almost certain of it!

  6. landotter said:
    Rik O'Shea said:

    That's right a 3.35kg racing bike!

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tech/shows/eurobike07/index.ph...

    [censored]. Racing bikes have handlebar tape. I'm almost certain of it!

    Bar wrap adds too much #*^% weight!!!!

  7. Rik O'Shea said:

    That's right a 3.35kg racing bike!

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tech/shows/eurobike07/index.ph...

    That saddle would make any bike fast regardless of weight. Makes you
    want to finish the ride as soon as possible.

    Joseph

  8. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Rik O'Shea said:

    That's right a 3.35kg racing bike!

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tech/shows/eurobike07/index.ph...

    That saddle would make any bike fast regardless of weight. Makes you
    want to finish the ride as soon as possible.

    Joseph

    Yes, it looks like a medieval castration device.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.