rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

360 unispins VS gliding

Started by pete66 · · Last activity · 41 posts · 700 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
24 November 2005
Last activity
30 November 2005
Original author
pete66
Posts
41
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
700
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 41
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see the
    results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Question: Can you 360 unispin or Glide?

    - I can 360 unispin
    - I can glide
    - I can do both
    - I can't do either
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Can you 360 unispin or glide? or both? or neither?

    --
    pete66
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  2. i can glide.. but no uni spins

    Chase

    --
    Unitik908

    All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
    R.I.P Unibiker
    R.I.P Gazzaloddi
    R.I.P Paul Hester
    R.I.P James Doohan
    R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
    R.I.P Peter Jennings
    R.I.P Pope John Paul II
    R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
    YAMS

    -last edited by the dave and sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unitik908's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8690
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  3. "I can do both" but learning 360 unispin was harder.

    --
    Korv
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Korv's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10374
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  4. Gliding is a sinch for me, i can allmost land a 360 unispin, havnt yet
    though.

    --
    Evan Byrne

    "Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  5. unispins r easy.. gliding=pain to me haha

    --
    maxisback
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  6. i can glide, 1 fted glide, and standup glide. (working on a new vid now)
    but have only landed a 360 unispin with one ft. i dont have the balls
    to risk losing my balls i guess.
    chose N

    --
    chosen

    ..._...|..____CHOSEN________________, ,
    ....../ `---___________----_____|] = = = D
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
    .....), ---.(_(__) /
    ....// (..) ), ----"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    chosen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9281
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  7. I have been able to glide for along time and i landed my first 360
    unispin today. So i voted both.

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    litldude2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6134
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  8. I can glide, but no unispins at all. 🙁 😉

    --
    UniTyler
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  9. I seriously dont understand you people... unispins are just a question
    of fear but gliding is all about technique and skills

    --
    maxisback
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  10. maxisback said:

    I seriously dont understand you people... unispins are just a question
    of fear but gliding is all about technique and skills

    For me, learning to 360 unispin was alot harder than learning to glide.
    Fear really wasnt a factor because i fall so often i dont care anymore.
    THe main difference i see in the two is than once you land a 360
    unispin then its over but with gliding it takes more time to improve
    control and be able to go longer and turning and stuff like that.

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    litldude2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6134
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  11. Same here... I've been gliding for like 5 months, and I can standup
    glide, but I only learned 360 unispins this month. (I landed my first
    360 unispin in july, but havent landed one since untill I 'learned'
    them good).

    --
    forrestunifreak

    warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
    it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
    it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
    and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
    'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

    'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  12. munimanpete said:

    do you have to be consistant? <snip> go back to your stinking KH05 :p

    No, you don't have to be consistant, you should've chosen both.

    F**k you Pete, my KH05 rocks, 'specially with my new blue Jim C
    Odysseys, I hate SNAFUs. Seriously, why put them on a trials uni?
    They're for MUni and only MUni.

    --
    pete66
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  13. I can glide pretty good, and I can aaalmost 360 unispin. I'm so close.

    --
    James_Potter

    to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

    michael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  14. I can glide and stand-up glide. I've landed a few 270 unispins, but
    haven't been able to do a 360 yet. I have a 24" wheel, though, which
    presumably makes 360s a little harder.

    --
    jsm

    Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  15. maxisback said:

    I seriously dont understand you people... unispins are just a question
    of fear but gliding is all about technique and skills

    you are a real mystery to me. ive never seen any video of yours or even
    a pic but you do a good deal of talking about tricks. can u post a
    video so i can get a feel if you know what youre talking about. sorry
    if i sound mean.
    chose N

    --
    chosen

    ..._...|..____CHOSEN________________, ,
    ....../ `---___________----_____|] = = = D
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
    .....), ---.(_(__) /
    ....// (..) ), ----"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    chosen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9281
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  16. chosen said:

    you are a real mystery to me. ive never seen any video of yours or even
    a pic but you do a good deal of talking about tricks. can u post a
    video so i can get a feel if you know what youre talking about. sorry
    if i sound mean.
    chose N

    In the vid I would also like to see you crankflip.

    KH.

    --
    juggle508

    ----------Joshua 1:9 ----------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  17. I've been meaning to ask, does 360 unispins make your thumbs hurt? I
    strained my left thumb really bad and can hardly do unispins at all
    now, it hurts so bad. I also tweaked my wrists spinning so fast.

    --
    forrestunifreak

    warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
    it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
    it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
    and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
    'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

    'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  18. Hey forest, Yeah, i hurt my thumg really bad today, i thought i broke it
    but its just kinda tweeked. i also think i chiped my ankle. there for,
    i am quiting uni.

    --
    Evan Byrne

    "Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  19. I can't glide or 360... Sometimes I'm able to complete a half a a 360
    unispin... (lol a 180 unispin)

    --
    Victory
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Victory's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10062
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

  20. Evan Byrne said:

    Hey forest, Yeah, i hurt my thumg really bad today, i thought i broke it
    but its just kinda tweeked. i also think i chiped my ankle. there for,
    i am quiting uni.

    Forever quitting?

    --
    UniTyler
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44967

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.