rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

661 Ankle protection and 661 shinguards

Started by wogri · · Last activity · 10 posts · 411 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
30 January 2005
Last activity
3 February 2005
Original author
wogri
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
411
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I wonder if anybody of you guys has these ankle protectors
    http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=533 combined with these
    shinguards
    http://tinyurl.com/5ht8a.

    I already have the shin/kneeguards, but I hurt my ankle a little bit too
    often while doing unispins. So I'm thinking of getting the ankle
    protectors, but I won't if they're uncomfortable or impossible to wear
    with the shinguards.

    Does anybody possess this combination?

    Wogri

    --
    wogri - That *** looks ***

    http://www.wogri.at
    http://unicycling.wogri.at
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wogri's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7490
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37912

  2. I use the 661 Ankle Biters with lowtop Vans skate shoes. The
    combination works great. Adds effective ankle bashing protection to
    lowtop shoes. Works great.

    I wear the Ankle Biters with the 661 leg armor or Roach leg armor and
    there's no problems with the combo. Nothing uncomfortable about wearing
    both.

    The Ankle Biters only offer ankle bashing protection. They won't offer
    any protection for twisting your ankle or hyperextending your ankle.

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com
    Gallery: '' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/john_childs)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37912

  3. Thanks, so it's a deal.

    I know it's only for not bashing my ankle, and that's what I want to
    have. I guess there's no real protection against overbending (unless you
    wore skiing boots perhaps).

    Oh, and I ride with low van's skatershoes, too.

    thanks
    wogri

    --
    wogri - That *** looks ***

    http://www.wogri.at
    http://unicycling.wogri.at
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wogri's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7490
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37912

  4. Ihad some ankle biters on order as a christmas present, but the shop
    were out of stock, so I'm going to order them next week. I also wear
    vans deck shoes. Specifically rowley XL 2's.
    They be luvverly for unicycling in, particularly with snafu
    concaves....UBER grip. Oh yeah, I wear (slightly stinky) KH leg
    armour....Hmm. Maybe it's worth getting the 661 race braces for Muni. as
    it's Hyper extension and pulls/twists of the ankle I'm worried about
    rather than skins and scrapes of the ankle bone.

    Kit

    --
    MrBoogiejuice - Loyal subject of the crown

    The Oxo cube consists of beef extract. It was the German chemist Baron
    Justus von Liebig and the Belgian engineer George Giebert who eventually
    developed a technique to extract large quantities of beef extract from
    carcasses.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37912

  5. MrBoogiejuice said:

    * as it's Hyper extension and pulls/twists of the ankle I'm worried
    about rather than skins and scrapes of the ankle bone.
    *

    Yeah but you can protect yourself at least from one of the possible
    ankle injuries.

    wogri

    --
    wogri - That *** looks ***

    http://www.wogri.at
    http://unicycling.wogri.at
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wogri's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7490
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37912

  6. Do any of you play soccer? For ankle protectors, I occasionally
    use the ankle guards that attach to soccer shin gaurds. They attach the
    shinguard to your ankle, know what Im talking about? They work great!
    and theyre free if you already have soccer shin guards.

    -Lee

    --
    leeman180 - Single Track Mind
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    leeman180's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8441
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37912

  7. Now I received them, and they fit very well combined with my 661 4x4.
    Yet one thing disturbs me - The big area that is as big as my foot -
    it's just stupid to get into and out of shoes with this thing. So now I
    am thinking about cutting it off - has anybody done this before? I don't
    think it will affect the stability or anything else for the protectors -
    what do you think?

    I want to remove the red areas:
    [image: http://www.wogri.at/stuff/anklebiters.jpg]

    Thanks for help;
    Wogri

    --
    wogri - That *** looks ***

    http://www.wogri.at
    http://unicycling.wogri.at
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wogri's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7490
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37912

  8. I wear the Ankle Biters with that big black footpad thing under the
    insole of the shoe. That's the way it's most comfortable. Yeah, it
    means that you have to strap them on when you put the shoe on. But it's
    only one Velcro flap and one Velcro buckle per foot. It takes more time
    for me to tie my shoe than to deal with the Velcro straps on the Ankle
    Biters. It's not a big deal unless you're in the habit of taking your
    shoes off several times during the ride.

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Gallery: '' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/john_childs)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37912

  9. Yeah, these work best when the footpad thing is under your insole. If
    you cut off the footpad I'd imagine that the remainder could rotate off
    your ankles if they got rubbed by pedalling action or in a crash. Thus
    your ankles wouldn't be protected. Sometimes insoles are glued in and
    take a bit of pulling to separate them.

    Tony

    --
    TonyMelton - Head in the clouds

    Read the latest online issue of
    ''One Track Mind'' (http://tinyurl.com/6mm9r), Unicycle.com NZ's
    eNewsletter!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37912

  10. TonyMelton said:

    *Yeah, these work best when the footpad thing is under your insole.
    Tony *

    Thanks, dude. After I put it under my insole everything went out to be
    fine 🙂
    I just didn't think about putting that thing _under_ my insole.

    Thanks!

    Wolfgang

    --
    wogri - That *** looks ***

    http://www.wogri.at
    http://unicycling.wogri.at
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wogri's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7490
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37912

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.