The number on the bottom bracket is CC14033, any ideas on the model, type and year? Also, I've included some links to pics of the frame. A piece of the frame has broken off and I'm looking for ideas on how to fix it. The piece that broke off is where an adjusting screw for the rear derailleur sits. I'd REALLY like to get this bike back on the road and any help would be appreciated. This was my first bike and I loved the way it felt.
The number on the bottom bracket is CC14033, any ideas on the model, type and year? Also, I've included some links to pics of the frame. A piece of the frame has broken off and I'm looking for ideas on how to fix it. The piece that broke off is where an adjusting screw for the rear derailleur sits. I
I'd build up a little tab for the b-screw to rest on with some JB Weld. Now hold my beer and watch THIS!...
The number on the bottom bracket is CC14033, any ideas on the model, type and year? Also, I've included some links to pics of the frame. A piece of the frame has broken off and I'm looking for ideas on how to fix it. The piece that broke off is where an adjusting screw for the rear derailleur sits. I'd REALLY like to get this bike back on the road and any help would be appreciated. This was my first bike and I loved the way it felt.
That's an annoying little problem, isn't it? I don't think that there's enough material between the broken bit and the derr mount to tap in a screw or something.
Would a dept store style derr, which slips between the frame and axle nut (or, in your case, QR), be sacrilege? Would suggesting a Nexus 8 be overkill?
The number on the bottom bracket is CC14033, any ideas on the model, type and year? Also, I've included some links to pics of the frame. A piece of the frame has broken off and I'm looking for ideas on how to fix it. The piece that broke off is where an adjusting screw for the rear derailleur sits. I'd REALLY like to get this bike back on the road and any help would be appreciated. This was my first bike and I loved the way it felt.
Cannondale has a replacement hanger available. You hack saw off the old hanger, you drill a new hole, tap it, bolt the new hanger on. Alan at REI in Atlanta had one for me a couple of years ago.
Or you could get a welder to tig a bit of fresh aluminum
The number on the bottom bracket is CC14033, any ideas on the model, type and year? Also, I've included some links to pics of the frame. A piece of the frame has broken off and I'm looking for ideas on how to fix it. The piece that broke off is where an adjusting screw for the rear derailleur sits. I'd REALLY like to get this bike back on the road and any help would be appreciated. This was my first bike and I loved the way it felt.
You can grind and file a suitably sized washer. You want to shape it into a 'fat comma with a small tail' to form a new "claw" (the part that broke off). Put the RD mounting bolt through the washer before threading it into the hanger. Adjust the position of the newclaw to match the old one (or whatever position gives the best shifting). Simple, cheap and durable.
The number on the bottom bracket is CC14033, any ideas on the model, type and year? Also, I've included some links to pics of the frame. A piece of the frame has broken off and I'm looking for ideas on how to fix it. The piece that broke off is where an adjusting screw for the rear derailleur sits. I'd REALLY like to get this bike back on the road and any help would be appreciated. This was my first bike and I loved the way it felt.
In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
The number on the bottom bracket is CC14033, any ideas on the
model,
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
type and year? Also, I've included some links to pics of the frame. A piece of the frame has broken off and I'm looking for ideas on how to fix it. The piece that broke off is where an adjusting screw for the rear derailleur sits. I'd REALLY like to get this bike back on the road and any help would be appreciated. This was my first bike and I loved the way it felt.
The number on the bottom bracket is CC14033, any ideas on the model, type and year? Also, I've included some links to pics of the frame. A piece of the frame has broken off and I'm looking for ideas on how to fix it. The piece that broke off is where an adjusting screw for the rear derailleur sits. I'd REALLY like to get this bike back on the road and any help would be appreciated. This was my first bike and I loved the way it felt.
NOICE!!! Perhaps I'll go the single speed route. Never had one before. I'll try Ozark's suggestion with the washer first to see if that'll do the trick. I'll let ya'll know how things went.
Thanks for everyone's response. Here's Cannondale's official response:
"Thanks for the mail and for your interest in Cannondale products. This bike is a 1985 model. Unfortunately, this bike cannot be repaired because these frames did not have replaceable derailleur hangers. You cannot have the bike re-welded or repaired in any way. I'm sorry that we aren't able to help you further."
The number on the bottom bracket is CC14033, any ideas on the model, type and year? Also, I've included some links to pics of the frame. A piece of the frame has broken off and I'm looking for ideas on how to fix it. The piece that broke off is where an adjusting screw for the rear derailleur sits. I'd REALLY like to get this bike back on the road and any help would be appreciated. This was my first bike and I loved the way it felt.
You can grind and file a suitably sized washer. You want to shape it into a 'fat comma with a small tail' to form a new "claw" (the part that broke off). Put the RD mounting bolt through the washer before threading it into the hanger. Adjust the position of the newclaw to match the old one (or whatever position gives the best shifting). Simple, cheap and durable.
The number on the bottom bracket is CC14033, any ideas on the model, type and year? Also, I've included some links to pics of the frame. A piece of the frame has broken off and I'm looking for ideas on how to fix it. The piece that broke off is where an adjusting screw for the rear derailleur sits. I'd REALLY like to get this bike back on the road and any help would be appreciated. This was my first bike and I loved the way it felt.
NOICE!!! Perhaps I'll go the single speed route. Never had one before. I'll try Ozark's suggestion with the washer first to see if that'll do the trick. I'll let ya'll know how things went.
It will work, I've used this fix several times for different difficult situations, including old-fashioned hangers that aren't "index compatible (e.g., Huret dropouts).
You will need to readjust the RD limit screws to compensate for the thickness of the washer.
Quoted message said:
Thanks for everyone's response. Here's Cannondale's official response:
"Thanks for the mail and for your interest in Cannondale products. This bike is a 1985 model. Unfortunately, this bike cannot be repaired because these frames did not have replaceable derailleur hangers. You cannot have the bike re-welded or repaired in any way. I'm sorry that we aren't able to help you further."
Not very imaginative.
"We're Cannondale; we don't care, we don't have to."
The number on the bottom bracket is CC14033, any ideas on the model, type and year? Also, I've included some links to pics of the frame. A piece of the frame has broken off and I'm looking for ideas on how to fix it. The piece that broke off is where an adjusting screw for the rear derailleur sits. I'd REALLY like to get this bike back on the road and any help would be appreciated. This was my first bike and I loved the way it felt.
The number on the bottom bracket is CC14033, any ideas on the model, type and year? Also, I've included some links to pics of the frame. A piece of the frame has broken off and I'm looking for ideas on how to fix it. The piece that broke off is where an adjusting screw for the rear derailleur sits. I'd REALLY like to get this bike back on the road and any help would be appreciated. This was my first bike and I loved the way it felt.
NOICE!!! Perhaps I'll go the single speed route. Never had one before. I'll try Ozark's suggestion with the washer first to see if that'll do the trick. I'll let ya'll know how things went.
Thanks for everyone's response. Here's Cannondale's official response:
"Thanks for the mail and for your interest in Cannondale products. This bike is a 1985 model. Unfortunately, this bike cannot be repaired because these frames did not have replaceable derailleur hangers. You cannot have the bike re-welded or repaired in any way. I'm sorry that we aren't able to help you further."
Not very imaginative.
Maybe they do not make a repair kit now but they did and I used it. It had an official Cannondale part number on it. I would try the washer thing or I would take it to my friend the welder. He can weld anything I take by his shop.
I did a bit of googling. http://wheelsmfg.com/p_derkit3.htm the kit I got looked sort of like the top two. I cut off the old hanger. One of the holes was already there and tapped. The second hole I drilled and tapped. So maybe it was not an official Cannondale kit. I may stop by REI to ask Allan if he remembers the kit.