rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

8th Annual LBI Unithon

Started by JJuggle · · Last activity · 72 posts · 895 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
2 May 2006
Last activity
5 June 2006
Original author
JJuggle
Posts
72
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
895
Views / 30 days
0
Topics
FTP

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 72
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. We've gotten an extremely late start in getting things organized, but it
    is now confirmed that the 8th Annual LBI Unithon, held at Long Beach
    Island, NJ will take place on Saturday, June 3, 2006.

    Information is available at '8th Annual LBI Unithon'
    (http://jjuggle.unicyclist.com/lbiunithon/).

    Please note, and this is very important, I have not been able to access
    the site and update the information. It still has the information for
    last year's event. However, my contact information has not changed. My
    correct phone number is listed and my address is correct on the Entry
    Forms. Call or email me with questions and send the form to my address
    with the $25 entry fee.

    If you can remember, change the dates on the form, otherwise I'll do
    it. Do not forget to sign the waiver.

    I prefer to receive the forms and checks/cash in advance, but if you
    need to, bring it with you.

    And as always, please try to get some sponsors to benefit the 'Alliance
    for a Living Ocean' (http://www.livingocean.org).

    Tell your friends!

    --
    JJuggle

    Raphael Lasar - Matawan, NJ

    '8th Annual LBI Unithon' (http://jjuggle.unicyclist.com/lbiunithon) -
    Saturday, June 3, 2006
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  2. That's my birthday, maybe I can go!!

    --
    podzol

    THE MISSING WHEELS TOUR DA YOOP!
    Check out the charity ride, planning is under way.
    Seeking riders and support.
    *http://missingwheels.unicyclist.com/ *
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    podzol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10131
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  3. podzol said:

    That's my birthday, maybe I can go!!

    It's a great event. The island is as flat as any landscape can be and
    we've had as many as 30+ riders some years. You couldn't have a better
    birthday. 🙂

    --
    JJuggle

    Raphael Lasar - Matawan, NJ

    '8th Annual LBI Unithon' (http://jjuggle.unicyclist.com/lbiunithon) -
    Saturday, June 3, 2006
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  4. i should be there again this year. this will be my third year in a row
    and overall. hope to have a blast again! everyone should come to this!

    --
    shadowuni

    "No one is taller than the last man standing"
    "Bullets! My only weakness! How did you know?" - Cop
    Cotton-headed ninny-muggins: possibly the best insult ever.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    shadowuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4806
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  5. Should be a great ride again.
    Thanks for hosting it Raphael.

    Adam

    --
    JustOneWheel

    There is no better way to have Fun and Exercise. "UNICYCLE"
    Every one should have "FUN ON ONE"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    JustOneWheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9237
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  6. i will be there

    --
    unicyclepa

    www.unicyclepa.com
    we suck
    but its all good
    team YAMS member in your sig or title and say
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unicyclepa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9246
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  7. I'll be there on my brand SPANKIN new 36'er! Thanks Rafael.

    --
    unipsychler

    Interested in learning to ride the unicycle QUICKLY AND SAFELY? Or how
    about getting one of the coolest uni t-shirts around? Check out my
    website at www.ridetheunicycle.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unipsychler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9338
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  8. I'll be there for my fourth Unithon. I have one month to prepare for
    the almost 20 mile ride. Last year it was easy. Previous years ranged
    from impossible to grueling. Last year, I trained for it, doing 15 to
    20 miles a day on consecutive days. That might not sound like much to
    many of you, but it's a lot for me.

    It's a great event and I encourage everyone in the area to participate.
    Don't worry about the distance. Nobody gets abandoned. If you are
    slow, do expect to be all by yourself at times on a very, very long
    stretch of road while thinking "what have I gotten myself into?" But
    there are support vehicles plus Kevin on his bike. Everybody is super
    nice and they will definitely look after you. If you can't make it,
    they will pick you up in a car. If you can only go ten miles, then
    great -- you have done your personal best and you should be proud.
    And you will have taken part in a fun event while meeting fellow
    unicyclists.

    I'm hoping to finish in the middle of the pack this year, not last or
    almost last like every other year. Last year, I went slow to help
    Steve Tunney (a.k.a. dogbowl), which I would happily, happily do again,
    but I don't think he is riding any more. So there's nothing to slow me
    down except my long cranks and my mediocre riding skills. See you at
    the lighthouse!

    --
    uni57

    -\"what's a troll?\"- - billythemountain
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  9. You know I'm there.

    --
    TheObieOne3226

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
    'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
    'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

    \"obie is definately a trend setter, i got in to unicycling because of
    him, and came here because of him\" - kj-52

    \"try not to annoy the great obie, for he is better than us.\" - murde
    mental

    *disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if
    you are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i
    don't feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where
    not everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
    criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheObieOne3226's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4851
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  10. It goes without saying - unless you happen to want to bump a thread up -
    that if you know anyone who'd be interested but doesn't read this
    forum, please let them know about the event.

    --
    JJuggle

    Raphael Lasar - Matawan, NJ

    '8th Annual LBI Unithon' (http://jjuggle.unicyclist.com/lbiunithon) -
    Saturday, June 3, 2006
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  11. This looks interesting, but one question is there a minimum amount of
    sponsers we need to get? Im pretty sure i will be able to go, it sounds
    like a lot of fun.

    --
    DanLee
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DanLee's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10213
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  12. DanLee said:

    This looks interesting, but one question is there a minimum amount of
    sponsers we need to get? Im pretty sure i will be able to go, it sounds
    like a lot of fun.

    There is no minimum. As long as you pay the $25 entry fee and sign the
    waiver you may ride. It is simply that because this is a ride to raise
    funds for the 'ALO' (http://www.livingocean.org), we're all encouraged
    to collect some cash from a few friends, loved ones, or people who owe
    us a favor.

    There is, however, a direct, measureable, and well documented
    correlation between the amount of money each rider raises and how much
    fun that rider has.

    And for the record, don't even bother trying to raise more money that
    Uni57 will. It can't be done.

    --
    JJuggle

    Raphael Lasar - Matawan, NJ

    '8th Annual LBI Unithon' (http://jjuggle.unicyclist.com/lbiunithon) -
    Saturday, June 3, 2006
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  13. The 'Unithon' (http://jjuggle.unicyclist.com/lbiunithon) page has been
    updated with the correct dates.

    Thanks, Gilby, for helping me fix my FTP settings.

    --
    JJuggle

    Raphael Lasar - Matawan, NJ

    '8th Annual LBI Unithon' (http://jjuggle.unicyclist.com/lbiunithon) -
    Saturday, June 3, 2006
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  14. *BUMP* from page six.

    I just realized I forgot to send in my registration, which I will do
    forthwith.

    Send in your registration today! Come to the Unithon! It's fun!

    Who else is going? *

    * - this question is shamelessly included to cause replies to this
    thread, which will keep it visible on page one...

    --
    uni57

    -\"what's a troll?\"- - billythemountain
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  15. uni57 said:

    Who else is going?

    I'd love to, but can't. 🙁 *

    * - this answer is shamelessly included to cause replies to this
    thread, which will keep it visible on page one...

    --
    U-Turn

    Weep in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield.
    'LiveWire Unicycles' (http://www.livewireunicycles.com)
    'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albup39)
    '29er Tire Study' (http://u-turn.unicyclist.com/29erTireStudy/)
    'New York Unicycle Club' (http://www.newyorkunicycle.com)
    -- Dave Stockton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    U-Turn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/691
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  16. Does anyone know if David Bagley is coming? I'm assuming he's on the New
    York Unicycle club email and got the announcement.

    --
    JJuggle

    Raphael Lasar - Matawan, NJ

    '8th Annual LBI Unithon' (http://jjuggle.unicyclist.com/lbiunithon) -
    Saturday, June 3, 2006
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  17. He aaaaaaaaalways goes. I just emailed him about the Unithon. And I
    just sent in my registration.

    I've decided to leave my 175s on my Coker this year. Last year, I had
    140s on for the two months prior to the Unithon. They came off the day
    after, because I was dying to do some off-road Cokering (with the 175mm
    cranks). This year, I'm doing the Unithon (and the training) with the
    175s. And by some miracle, I think my riding is improving a bit,
    because my average speed is up almost 1 MPH over last year -- in spite
    of the longer cranks.

    --
    uni57

    -\"what's a troll?\"- - billythemountain

    '8th Annual LBI Unithon' (http://jjuggle.unicyclist.com/lbiunithon) -
    Be there! - Saturday, June 3, 2006
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  18. My registration is sent in, from what i hear this will be a fun time.
    cant wait

    --
    DanLee
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DanLee's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10213
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  19. David Bagley will be there, probably on his Schlumpf this time.

    --
    uw
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    uw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2186
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

  20. I'm in. I'm mailing the reg./waiver/check tomorrow. Thanks for setting
    this up, Raphael!

    --
    steveyo

    steveyo

    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    steveyo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49067

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.