Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

94bcd, 48 tooth chainring - do they make them?

Started by B · · Last activity · 6 posts · 707 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
28 September 2003
Last activity
29 September 2003
Original author
B
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
707
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found? B

    (remove clothes to reply)

  2. B said:

    I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found?

    We've got 'em, 50s too.

    See: sheldonbrown.comchainrings.html

    Might have some cheaper 48s too, without ramps/pins.

    Sheldon "Chainrings" Brown +----------------------------------------+
    | Cyclists fare best when they act and | are treated as drivers of vehicles. | -- John Forester |
    | johnforester.comjohnforester.com |
    +----------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone
    617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041 harriscyclery.comharriscyclery.com Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide
    captainbike.comcaptainbike.com sheldonbrown.comsheldonbrown.com

  3. B said:

    I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found? B

    A simple google search reveals lots. Some hits irrelevant, but these were on the first page

    www.bikepartsunlimited.com/chainrings/ mount-dh-rings.html
    www.bikepro.com/ad_copy/crank_crings_chard.html (titanium-- $150!. profile, $30)

    But they do seem to be getting harder to find. I have seen 50s advertised as well (for downhills).
    46 are still quite easy to find.

    --

    David L. Johnson

    __o | the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. _`\(,_ | That is easy. All
    you have to do is tell them they are being (_)/ (_) | attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for
    lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any <country. --
    Hermann Goering

  4. David L. Johnson' may have said:
    B said:

    I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found? B

    A simple google search reveals lots. Some hits irrelevant, but these were on the first page

    www.bikepartsunlimited.com/chainrings/ mount-dh-rings.html
    www.bikepro.com/ad_copy/crank_crings_chard.html (titanium-- $150!. profile, $30)

    Note that the BikePro site appears to have had no updates since sometime in 1997 or 1998.

    --
    My email address is antispammed; pull WEEDS if replying via e-mail. Yes, I have a killfile. If I
    don't respond to something, it's also possible that I'm busy.

  5. David L. Johnson said:
    B said:

    I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found? B

    A simple google search reveals lots. Some hits irrelevant, but these were on the first page

    www.bikepartsunlimited.com/chainrings/ mount-dh-rings.html
    www.bikepro.com/ad_copy/crank_crings_chard.html (titanium-- $150!. profile, $30)

    Have you shopped at Bike Pro recently? <g>

    Maybe chainrings.comchainrings.com ?

    Quoted message said:

    But they do seem to be getting harder to find. I have seen 50s advertised as well (for downhills).
    46 are still quite easy to find.

    I think most shops can order in what you need, unless it's a real oddball size. There are a few
    places online who have tremendous selection, but that shouldn't be neccessary in this case. One
    store local to me has a 94mm BCD, 50T chainring on display (probably for the Mountain Dew crowd, as
    you surmise).

    --
    Chris Bird

  6. B said:

    I have seen plenty of 46 & 44 tooth, but no 48. Where can one be found? B

    Not a rare item. We have 'em as do most competent shops which service bicycles

    --
    Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.