A Brilliant Cardiologist Once Wrote......

On 22 Sep 2003 19:51:44 -0700, [email protected] (M. Schwartz) wrote:

>> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:04:09 +0100, Mozz <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >What a compassionate and loving interpretation of a quite profound
>> >theological area of debate.

>> I don't make up the rules, God does. Don't blame the messenger for the
>> message.
>>
>> >If your definition were true, I am most definately 'out' in that case,

>> Yes, you are.
>>
>> >and happy to be so.

>> You will see how happy you are after you die.
>>
>> >Respecfully.
>> >Mozz

>> Respectfully,
>> Mu

>Have you died and known this to be true?

That is a brain dead question.

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:57:48 -0700, Larry Blanchard
<[email protected]> wrote:

>The bible is the word of god because the bible says it's the word of god.
>What a crock.

I am sorry for your poor decisions and your debilitating lack of
Faith.

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:45:55 -0400, Mu_nstruck wrote:

> On 22 Sep 2003 19:51:44 -0700, [email protected] (M. Schwartz) wrote:

>>Have you died and known this to be true?

> That is a brain dead question.

Directed at the brain dead. Seems appropriate enough.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

> I am sorry for your poor decisions and your debilitating lack of
> Faith.

"Faith is an opinion with no facts to back it up." G. B. Shaw

"Man is not an intelligent animal. He is an animal with the ability to
act intelligently when and if he so chooses" G. B. Shaw

"The whole history of these books [the Gospels] is so defective and
doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such
tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other
books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to
entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine."

Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams

"I have examined all the known superstitions of the word, and I do not
find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming
feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology."

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Short

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Larry, Larry, Larry ... tut, tut. You are trying to influence mu/roose with
the writings of intelligent people. That can *never* work with him because
he can't understand it. It's so sad, isn't it?

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:28:34 -0700, Larry Blanchard
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Faith is an opinion with no facts to back it up." G. B. Shaw
>
>"Man is not an intelligent animal. He is an animal with the ability to
>act intelligently when and if he so chooses" G. B. Shaw
>
>"The whole history of these books [the Gospels] is so defective and
>doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such
>tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other
>books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to
>entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine."
>
> Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams
>
>"I have examined all the known superstitions of the word, and I do not
>find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming
>feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology."

I see you have nothing to say for yourself.

Mu_nstruck <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> >> I don't make up the rules, God does. Don't blame the messenger for the
> >> message.

> >> Yes, you are.

> >> You will see how happy you are after you die.

> >> Respectfully,
> >> Mu

> >Have you died and known this to be true?

> That is a brain dead question.

Of that you can answer truthfully.

Mel

says...
> Larry, Larry, Larry ... tut, tut. You are trying to influence mu/roose with
> the writings of intelligent people. That can *never* work with him because
> he can't understand it. It's so sad, isn't it?

Yep. Especially when you consider how little difference between people
like him and the fanatics in the Middle East.

Hmmm. Come to think of it, several major religions came from fanatics in
the Middle East :).

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Mu_nstruck wrote:

> On 22 Sep 2003 19:51:44 -0700, [email protected] (M. Schwartz) wrote:

>>Have you died and known this to be true?

> That is a brain dead question.

You've heard of "sweets for the sweet...?

Pastorio

Mu_nstruck wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:28:34 -0700, Larry Blanchard
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"Faith is an opinion with no facts to back it up." G. B. Shaw
>>
>>"Man is not an intelligent animal. He is an animal with the ability to
>>act intelligently when and if he so chooses" G. B. Shaw
>>
>>"The whole history of these books [the Gospels] is so defective and
>>doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such
>>tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other
>>books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to
>>entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine."
>>
>> Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams
>>
>>"I have examined all the known superstitions of the word, and I do not
>>find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming
>>feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology."

> I see you have nothing to say for yourself.

Oh, give it a rest. You were just killed and buried and you haven't
the sense or the grasp of the notions to get it.

Nighty-nite, boy.

> I am sorry for your poor decisions and your debilitating lack of
> Faith.

This is the best you have? Get more and more lame each day.

Pastorio

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 19:31:53 -0400, Mu_nstruck wrote:

> I am sorry for your poor decisions and your debilitating lack of
> Faith.

Better a lack of faith than the debilitating lack of reason which you
suffer, mu/roose.

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:17:51 -0400, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>It is my wish that I could save you from drowning.
>
>However, this may not be God's will.

This is a difficult concept for atheists and other non Christian's to
get their nonbelief systems around. The reactions are inconsistent
with their positions on God and Christ.

It annoys them that they are told, rightfully so, they are going to
Hell (without the hand basket). They get all in a fury about their
condemnation as if a Chung and a Mu had anything at all to do with it.

Here's a better question. why should they care? We're "wrong", they
believe that they are safe, what the hell? Why should they care what
we have to say?

Because Christ speaks Truth to everyone's heart even if it is just a
whisper.

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:17:51 -0400, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> Truth requires no proof.

Do you ever read what you write?

Argh!

Oh, nevermind.

Steve

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Truth requires no proof.

Especially if the "proof" is one of human origination.

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:01:17 -0400, Mu_nlight Drive wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:17:51 -0400, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Truth requires no proof.

> Especially if the "proof" is one of human origination.

Hence, we have the bible.

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:52:03 -0400, Mu_nlight Drive wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:17:51 -0400, "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>It is my wish that I could save you from drowning.
>>
>>However, this may not be God's will.

> This is a difficult concept for atheists and other non Christian's to
> get their nonbelief systems around. The reactions are inconsistent
> with their positions on God and Christ.
>
> It annoys them that they are told, rightfully so, they are going to
> Hell (without the hand basket). They get all in a fury about their
> condemnation as if a Chung and a Mu had anything at all to do with it.

Noooo ... "we" are bemused by your lack of reason. Buddha in Hell? Uh, why?
Because he did not follow Jesus before Jesus was born? Because he did not
believe in God even though no one from the middle east had traveled to
South Asia to bring the Word? Actually, it was probably the other way
around. Followers of Buddha were the first missionaries. Over a few hundred
years, the stories were mangled and reinterpreted until they were absorbed
by the Jews.

> Here's a better question. why should they care? We're "wrong", they
> believe that they are safe, what the hell? Why should they care what
> we have to say?

It is the reasonable man's attempt to understand the unreasonable.

> Because Christ speaks Truth to everyone's heart even if it is just a
> whisper.

So, you hear voices, do you? What do these voices tell you, roose?

I have decided that there is no point debating with you any longer.
The Buddha advised practitioners to employ skilful means and know when
a person's karma is not ready to seek enlightenment yet.
My dharma seed always lands on your rocks, or is eaten by birds before
it gets a chance to take root.
As you claim the discussion has 'nothing to do with you' and all you
are interested in is 'glorifying (your personal fantasy of) Christ' as
opposed to actually thinking about the topic in a balanced and
rational way then clearly we are wasting each others valuable time.

I wish you well with your endeavours and hope you realise wisdom and
happiness, if not in this life then in a future life. The same goes
for your daughter.

May All Beings Reach Enlightenment, and the precious Bodhicitta grow
wherever it is needed.

Respectfully and in good faith.

Mozz x

Mozz wrote:

> I have decided that there is no point debating with you any longer.
> The Buddha advised practitioners to employ skilful means and know when
> a person's karma is not ready to seek enlightenment yet.
> My dharma seed always lands on your rocks, or is eaten by birds before
> it gets a chance to take root.
> As you claim the discussion has 'nothing to do with you' and all you
> are interested in is 'glorifying (your personal fantasy of) Christ' as
> opposed to actually thinking about the topic in a balanced and
> rational way then clearly we are wasting each others valuable time.
>
> I wish you well with your endeavours and hope you realise wisdom and
> happiness, if not in this life then in a future life. The same goes
> for your daughter.
>
> May All Beings Reach Enlightenment, and the precious Bodhicitta grow
> wherever it is needed.
>
> Respectfully and in good faith.
>
> Mozz x

You will remain in my prayers, that you find your way. I have enjoyed our
spiritual discussions.

Love in Christ,

Andrew

--