A good buy/ bad buy?

Roosteride

Nov 28, 2009
I just bought a Giant Cadex CFM3 carbon/hybrid.....used bike for $600. The bike has a lot of upgrades. It has minor scratches, but I have the feeling it's not bad at all. What do you guys think?
By the way, i am looking for the manual to learn about this bike more, but couldn't find it. Any help?:cool:

Roosteride said:
By the way, i am looking for the manual to learn about this bike more, but couldn't find it. Any help?:cool:
That bike's a little long in the tooth so finding printed material on it will be difficult. The Cadex CFM was pretty hot stuff in the early 1990s, one of the earliest examples of a carbon framed mountain bike. MTB design and technology have changed in 18 years, but if it's been cared for you'll have fun on it.

I've had the same bike for about 3 years now, gets used strictly on the pavement. Like yours I've upgraded all the components & it rides real nice, put a Surly geometry corrected steel fork up front & a light set of wheels w/1 3/8 tires, it's right about at 23 lbs. Like others said it's old technology carbon frame making, aluminum lugs glued to carbon tubes & mine has an all aluminum rear triangle. I keep an eye on the tube/lug interface, it might be a road bike now but it still gets ridden pretty hard & is holdin up fine.