rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

A mainstream movie, starring Paco

Started by paco · · Last activity · 6 posts · 426 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
26 April 2006
Last activity
26 April 2006
Original author
paco
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
426
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have now officially used up approximately 3 seconds of my 10 minutes
    of fame.

    There's this new movie that just came out on DVD yesterday called,
    "'Everything You Want' (http://www.painted-love.net/)." It's a decent
    romantic comedy, made for TV quality, but that's okay by me. But what
    makes it especially good is that there is a unicyclist in it for about
    3 seconds! And it's me!

    Okay, so I'm only on my unicycle in two scenes (the other time, I'm
    walking across the screen in the background. Twice.) But in one of
    the ending scenes, one of the main characters runs down some steps and
    has to stop quickly to avoid getting hit by me as I ride by.

    I admit, this film is not a cinematic masterpiece, but it's better than
    a lot of made-for TV movies. The story is fun and original and it's
    mostly harmless. But that's not the reason for watching it.

    I suggest that you all run out to your local Wal-Mart (at least, that's
    where I found my copy). And if you ask me real nicely, I may even
    consider autographing your copies of the film, seeing as I'm a big
    movie star now and everything. 😄

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: cap006.bmp |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/13150 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    paco

    Blah Blah Blah BACON Blah Blah Blah
    --Harper a-la Catboy

    768
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48899

  2. Here's a better picture from the same scene. And you may have to look
    very carefully in the other scenes to find me.

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: cap004.bmp |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/13151 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    paco

    Blah Blah Blah BACON Blah Blah Blah
    --Harper a-la Catboy

    768
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48899

  3. That's awesome! Props to you. Is that suppose to be on a college
    campus?

    --
    hell-on-wheel

    On the other hand, you have different fingers. - Steven Wright
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hell-on-wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48899

  4. I don't see "Special Cameo Appearance by Paco" in the credits....😠

    Should you be embarrassed to appear in a movie with a *pink* title?
    No! :p

    Nice going! Was there a lot of standing around?

    --
    U-Turn

    Weep in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield.
    'LiveWire Unicycles' (http://www.livewireunicycles.com)
    'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albup39)
    '29er Tire Study' (http://u-turn.unicyclist.com/29erTireStudy/)
    'New York Unicycle Club' (http://www.newyorkunicycle.com)
    -- Dave Stockton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    U-Turn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/691
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48899

  5. Congratulations on your (and the unicycle's) screen time!

    Now I know you were following a script/direction, but...

    The guy coming down the stairs is obviously looking to his left so he
    doesn't see you coming (or expect something fast, I guess can be
    reasonably supposed). So what's your excuse? In other words, your
    character seems to ride straight down the sidewalk, not paying
    attention to cross traffic. It probably happens so fast nobody really
    cares, but I'm just thinking about the image of us unicyclists as
    portrayed by "the media."

    Yeah, let's see more unicycles in mainstream films!

    --
    johnfoss

    John Foss
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com
    -----------------------------------------------

    "The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
    -- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48899

  6. that movie was actually on the ABC Family channel.
    i will admit i ended up watching some of it, but unfortunatly, i did
    not see you in it! 🙁

    i will be sure to keep a lookout for it and watch it if it ever plays
    again

    congrats on the screen time!

    --
    dorkybarb

    ------------------------------------------------
    why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why
    why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why
    why why why why why why why why why why why why why?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dorkybarb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10681
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48899

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.