Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

A new ride :-)))))))))))

Started by flyingdutch · · Last activity · 31 posts · 2,847 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
26 October 2005
Last activity
29 October 2005
Original author
flyingdutch
Posts
31
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,847
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–31 of 31
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. flyingdutch said:

    And lastly, an apology.
    I'm under no delusions that i will be able to see direct results overnight, so I realise I may dissapoint many but please feel free to contact me with your concerns, woes, beratings(?), etc
    I'm going to give this my best shot

    You have nothing to apologise for. You've done something admirable and brave, you've put your head well above the parapets. A lot of people say stuff on this forum, a lot of people whine and [censored]. There are very few who actually /do/ something.

    You won't please everyone all the time but you're a good bloke and you'll do your best. Bravo, well done and for what it's worth you have my support, such as it is.

    Time for me and the boss to start thinking globally and acting locally.

    Thank YOU Dutchy, you're putting your time and money where your mouth is. If they match up you'll do just fine :-)

  2. EuanB said:


    Thank YOU Dutchy, you're putting your time and money where your mouth is. If they match up you'll do just fine :-)

    I know it's bad form to follow up on one's post but had to correct something.

    Thank YOU Dutchy, you're continally putting your time and money where your mouth is. If they continue to match up you'll do just fine.

  3. flyingdutch said:

    Dutchy gets a new bike? again??

    nope.

    My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
    AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm still trying to come to grips with it.
    A combo of excited, scared, bewildered, did i mention scared?

    But first things, first.
    A HUGE thank you to those of you
    who cared enough about BV to vote,
    and even more if you voted for me 😄

    Many, many thanks to 'the crew' whose talking, chalking, support, ideas, suggestions made this whole ride possible.

    And lastly, an apology.
    I'm under no delusions that i will be able to see direct results overnight, so I realise I may dissapoint many but please feel free to contact me with your concerns, woes, beratings(?), etc
    I'm going to give this my best shot

    fanx again
    FlyingDutch


    Congrats and Good Luck...!! I know I could not handle a job like that.... I steer clear at the first hint of politics.... looking forward to seeing Bike Paths become more prevalent then roads in your tenure, including Bike Toll ways!!!! 🙂

    and a Carbon Fibre road bike all people taking part in the next years Great Victorian Bike Ride!!

  4. My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
    AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Woo hoo .. congratulations. You have permission to lord it up this week and savour your moment as King of the World..
    Maybe you can leave us some new chalk messages like:

    King Jason
    thanx u

    Now we can harass you later about BV stuff.. Only joking.. Atleast you already have both this forum and the BUG to use to get messages out etc.

    Good luck and i expect to see the obligatory mugshot in the next BV mag. Please dont let them use a photo of you suited up on a bike, helmet being worn the lopsided beret style, pretending you ride to work that way.

  5. coowoowoo said:

    Good luck and i expect to see the obligatory mugshot in the next BV
    mag. Please dont let them use a photo of you suited up on a bike,
    helmet being worn the lopsided beret style, pretending you ride to work
    that way.

    At least we know he *does* ride to work!

    Quoted message said:

    --
    coowoowoo

  6. flyingdutch said:

    Dutchy gets a new bike? again??

    nope.

    My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
    AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm still trying to come to grips with it.
    A combo of excited, scared, bewildered, did i mention scared?

    But first things, first.
    A HUGE thank you to those of you
    who cared enough about BV to vote,
    and even more if you voted for me 😄

    Many, many thanks to 'the crew' whose talking, chalking, support, ideas, suggestions made this whole ride possible.

    And lastly, an apology.
    I'm under no delusions that i will be able to see direct results overnight, so I realise I may dissapoint many but please feel free to contact me with your concerns, woes, beratings(?), etc
    I'm going to give this my best shot

    fanx again
    FlyingDutch


    Congrats. Well done. Yay.

    SteveA

  7. flyingdutch said:


    My new ride will be enjoyed over the next 3 years
    AS BV BOARD MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Uh oh.. just what the hell am I supposed to do for entertainment when I return? If there's no more [censored] on the road and cycle paths everywhere (gooo Netherlands!), just what am I going to do?
    Grow out of it I suppose? Sheet!

    hippy

  8. any chance of a free 'bay ride jersey?
    My Orange T-shirt is getting kinda tatty.

  9. hippy said:

    Uh oh.. just what the hell am I supposed to do for entertainment when I return? If there's no more [censored] on the road and cycle paths everywhere (gooo Netherlands!), just what am I going to do?
    Grow out of it I suppose? Sheet!

    hippy

    Lead me out at Glenvale C-grade, [censored]! 😄

  10. flyingdutch said:

    Lead me out at Glenvale C-grade, [censored]! 😄

    After the touring and the couriering - I should be totally over bikes on my return.

    I hear Holden make some great V8 utes.. :P

    hippy
    What makes you think I'd be 'able' to race C-grade? *wheeze*

  11. Congrats from Fiji. How about setting up a BV Fiji Cycling affiliation??? We've just had our first national fun cycle here.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.