General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

A new tool for my kitchen (pics)

Started by Pandora · · Last activity · 96 posts · 1,093 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
13 May 2006
Last activity
15 May 2006
Original author
Pandora
Posts
96
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,093
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 96
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Yesterday I have bought a new tool for my kitchen. Does anyone know what is
    it?
    The one who will hit the answer will win the cake of today pic.
    Here is the tool (hoping it's not so simple):

    http://i3.tinypic.com/zkl6av.jpg

    http://i3.tinypic.com/zkl6cy.jpg

    Enjoy!
    --
    Cheers
    Pandora

  2. Hi, Pandora,
    I think I know what the new tool is. It is a device for making bread
    slices into cups. The bread is inserted between the two strainers, and
    then deep-fried in oil until crisp enought to hold its shape. The cup
    can then be filled with food, for instance, creamed mushrooms.

    I always enjoy your posts, Pandora. I like your spirit.

    Cheers, Nancree

  3. "nancree" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, Pandora,
    I think I know what the new tool is. It is a device for making bread
    slices into cups. The bread is inserted between the two strainers, and
    then deep-fried in oil until crisp enought to hold its shape. The cup
    can then be filled with food, for instance, creamed mushrooms.

    I always enjoy your posts, Pandora. I like your spirit.

    Cheers, Nancree

    Thank you for your answer! However, it is wrong, sorry.

    Hint #1: it is not for bread. It is specific for another thing.

    Thank you very much for enjoying my posts 🙂

    --
    Cheers
    Pandora

  4. "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "nancree" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, Pandora,
    I think I know what the new tool is. It is a device for making bread
    slices into cups. The bread is inserted between the two strainers, and
    then deep-fried in oil until crisp enought to hold its shape. The cup
    can then be filled with food, for instance, creamed mushrooms.

    I always enjoy your posts, Pandora. I like your spirit.

    Cheers, Nancree

    Thank you for your answer! However, it is wrong, sorry.

    Hint #1: it is not for bread. It is specific for another thing.

    Thank you very much for enjoying my posts 🙂

    --
    Cheers
    Pandora


    Is it for tea, then after the tea is brewed, the second part of the strainer
    is for squeezing out the remaining tea juices?
    Dee Dee

  5. "Dee Randall" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "nancree" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, Pandora,
    I think I know what the new tool is. It is a device for making bread
    slices into cups. The bread is inserted between the two strainers, and
    then deep-fried in oil until crisp enought to hold its shape. The cup
    can then be filled with food, for instance, creamed mushrooms.

    I always enjoy your posts, Pandora. I like your spirit.

    Cheers, Nancree

    Thank you for your answer! However, it is wrong, sorry.

    Hint #1: it is not for bread. It is specific for another thing.

    Thank you very much for enjoying my posts 🙂

    --
    Cheers
    Pandora


    Is it for tea, then after the tea is brewed, the second part of the
    strainer is for squeezing out the remaining tea juices?
    Dee Dee

    No Dee! I Am sorry.
    Hint 2: Nancree was nearer to the solution 🙂

    --
    Cheers
    Pandora

  6. "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Dee Randall" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "nancree" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...
    > Hi, Pandora,
    > I think I know what the new tool is. It is a device for making bread
    > slices into cups. The bread is inserted between the two strainers, and
    > then deep-fried in oil until crisp enought to hold its shape. The cup
    > can then be filled with food, for instance, creamed mushrooms.
    >
    > I always enjoy your posts, Pandora. I like your spirit.
    >
    > Cheers, Nancree

    Thank you for your answer! However, it is wrong, sorry.

    Hint #1: it is not for bread. It is specific for another thing.

    Thank you very much for enjoying my posts 🙂

    --
    Cheers
    Pandora


    Is it for tea, then after the tea is brewed, the second part of the
    strainer is for squeezing out the remaining tea juices?
    Dee Dee

    No Dee! I Am sorry.
    Hint 2: Nancree was nearer to the solution 🙂

    --
    Cheers
    Pandora

    What Nancree said but for shredded potato not bread.

  7. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Yesterday I have bought a new tool for my kitchen. Does anyone know what is
    it?
    The one who will hit the answer will win the cake of today pic.
    Here is the tool (hoping it's not so simple):

    http://i3.tinypic.com/zkl6av.jpg

    I believe it is for deep frying small cups made from shredded potato.

    --
    Peter Aitken
    Visit my recipe and kitchen myths pages at www.pgacon.com/cooking.htm

  8. "Peter A" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Yesterday I have bought a new tool for my kitchen. Does anyone know what


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it?
    The one who will hit the answer will win the cake of today pic.
    Here is the tool (hoping it's not so simple):

    http://i3.tinypic.com/zkl6av.jpg

    I believe it is for deep frying small cups made from shredded potato.

    --

    Like a fried potato ball? What would you do with that? I've never heard of
    anything like that.

    kili

  9. Peter A said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Yesterday I have bought a new tool for my kitchen. Does anyone know what is
    it?
    The one who will hit the answer will win the cake of today pic.
    Here is the tool (hoping it's not so simple):

    http://i3.tinypic.com/zkl6av.jpg

    I believe it is for deep frying small cups made from shredded potato.

    A strainer for tea bags?

  10. "Peter A" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    I believe it is for deep frying small cups made from shredded potato.

    Oh, it's one of those potato nest maker things? I've seen them,
    it's got nesting mesh things on a handle?

    nancy

  11. "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Peter A" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    I believe it is for deep frying small cups made from shredded potato.

    Oh, it's one of those potato nest maker things? I've seen them,
    it's got nesting mesh things on a handle?

    nancy

    What do you use a potato nest for? I've never heard of this. Pasta or
    noodle nests I've heard of, but not potato.

    kili

  12. "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Yesterday I have bought a new tool for my kitchen. Does anyone know
    what is it?
    The one who will hit the answer will win the cake of today pic.
    Here is the tool (hoping it's not so simple):

    http://i3.tinypic.com/zkl6av.jpg

    http://i3.tinypic.com/zkl6cy.jpg

    Enjoy!

    Hmmm... that could be used for lots of things.

    With both inner and outer strainers, it's either going into oil or water.
    I surmise water, since cleaning that contraption of oil would be a PITA.

    How about a spaghetti cup shaper in which a meatball might reside?

    Andy

  13. On Sat 13 May 2006 04:22:06a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Peter A?

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Yesterday I have bought a new tool for my kitchen. Does anyone know
    what is it? The one who will hit the answer will win the cake of today
    pic. Here is the tool (hoping it's not so simple):

    http://i3.tinypic.com/zkl6av.jpg

    I believe it is for deep frying small cups made from shredded potato.

    I agree with Peter. Also, perhaps for rice.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
    _____________________

  14. "Knit Chic" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Dee Randall" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    >
    > "nancree" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > news:[email hidden]...
    >> Hi, Pandora,
    >> I think I know what the new tool is. It is a device for making bread
    >> slices into cups. The bread is inserted between the two strainers, and
    >> then deep-fried in oil until crisp enought to hold its shape. The cup
    >> can then be filled with food, for instance, creamed mushrooms.
    >>
    >> I always enjoy your posts, Pandora. I like your spirit.
    >>
    >> Cheers, Nancree
    >
    > Thank you for your answer! However, it is wrong, sorry.
    >
    > Hint #1: it is not for bread. It is specific for another thing.
    >
    > Thank you very much for enjoying my posts 🙂
    >
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Pandora

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    Is it for tea, then after the tea is brewed, the second part of the
    strainer is for squeezing out the remaining tea juices?
    Dee Dee

    No Dee! I Am sorry.
    Hint 2: Nancree was nearer to the solution 🙂

    --
    Cheers
    Pandora

    What Nancree said but for shredded potato not bread.

    Good! Yopu have WON the cake of today 🙂)))))))))
    here is the pic of "Turned upside down cake":
    Upside:
    http://i2.tinypic.com/zkmuty.jpg

    Down:
    http://i2.tinypic.com/zkmuty.jpg

    Enjoy!!!!!

    Pandora

  15. "kilikini" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Oh, it's one of those potato nest maker things? I've seen them,
    it's got nesting mesh things on a handle?

    Quoted message said:

    What do you use a potato nest for? I've never heard of this. Pasta or
    noodle nests I've heard of, but not potato.

    (laugh) Must say I don't know! They are like crispy hash
    browns, could put a lot of things in there, I suppose, maybe even
    potato salad, crab salad? I don't know. I only know I've seen
    them in catalogs a lot.

    nancy

  16. "Peter A" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Yesterday I have bought a new tool for my kitchen. Does anyone know what
    is
    it?
    The one who will hit the answer will win the cake of today pic.
    Here is the tool (hoping it's not so simple):

    http://i3.tinypic.com/zkl6av.jpg

    I believe it is for deep frying small cups made from shredded potato.

    Yes. You have won too!!! The exact name is "tool for making *potatoes
    nests*".
    If I will find an image I will send you. I haven't found on google.

    --
    Cheers
    Pandora

  17. Noo Margaret. Sorry 🙁

    --
    Cheers
    Pandora
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Margaret Suran" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Peter A said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Yesterday I have bought a new tool for my kitchen. Does anyone know what
    is it?
    The one who will hit the answer will win the cake of today pic.
    Here is the tool (hoping it's not so simple):

    http://i3.tinypic.com/zkl6av.jpg

    I believe it is for deep frying small cups made from shredded potato.

    A strainer for tea bags?

  18. On Sat 13 May 2006 04:39:50a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it kilikini?

    Quoted message said:


    "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Peter A" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    I believe it is for deep frying small cups made from shredded potato.

    Oh, it's one of those potato nest maker things? I've seen them, it's
    got nesting mesh things on a handle?

    nancy

    What do you use a potato nest for? I've never heard of this. Pasta or
    noodle nests I've heard of, but not potato.

    kili

    Eggs, creamed chicken, etc. The tool I've seen for potatoes is not wire
    mesh but concentric wires forming the shape. This one makes me think more
    of rice or pasta.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
    _____________________

  19. "kilikini" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Peter A" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    I believe it is for deep frying small cups made from shredded potato.

    Oh, it's one of those potato nest maker things? I've seen them,
    it's got nesting mesh things on a handle?

    nancy

    What do you use a potato nest for? I've never heard of this. Pasta or
    noodle nests I've heard of, but not potato.

    kili

    Yes Kili. You have won too 🙂 Many compliments!!!

    --
    Cheers
    Pandora

  20. "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat 13 May 2006 04:39:50a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it kilikini?

    Quoted message said:


    "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Peter A" <[email hidden]> wrote

    > I believe it is for deep frying small cups made from shredded potato.

    Oh, it's one of those potato nest maker things? I've seen them, it's
    got nesting mesh things on a handle?

    nancy

    What do you use a potato nest for? I've never heard of this. Pasta or
    noodle nests I've heard of, but not potato.

    kili

    Eggs, creamed chicken, etc. The tool I've seen for potatoes is not wire
    mesh but concentric wires forming the shape. This one makes me think more
    of rice or pasta.

    I guess you could even make a fried potato nest for mashed potatoes. It
    would make kind of a pretty presentation...............

    kili

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.