Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

A Parting Word

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 48 posts · 1,671 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
9 February 2005
Last activity
11 February 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
48
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,671
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–48 of 48
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Subject: Re: A Parting Word
    Newsgroup: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

    = nget = said:

    The weather is great here in the
    Pacific Northwest and I have my 3.4 wiz wheel trike that is helping me
    to restore my hurt knee.Today a nice lady I didn't even know called me
    by my first name as I rode by.Hi Mark she said,well it made me feel
    good that she knew who I was.She may even know things about me I wish
    she didn't.

    I'm glad you're have a break in the weather. It sounds like you're living a
    content life. I wish I could say the same.

    BTW:

    You just gave away your (general) locale and name, so Jim can no longer call you
    "anonymous". 😉

    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email

  2. Subject: Re: A Parting Word
    Newsgroup: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

    = Edward Dolan = said:
    Quoted message said:

    Then quit beating a dead horse and leave already.

    Nope, not even Graham likes to hear the truth about newsgroups.

    I forgot more about NG's than you'll ever learn.

    The truth is this:

    If is don't apply, let it fly.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    If you would quit posting and just lurk for a while, you'll quickly find
    your
    name not being mentioned.

    If and when my name is no longer being mentioned I will be gone. When do you
    think that will be - sometime this year?

    If you quit arguing about the usage of the word "differing", don't you think
    that would help?

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    You are not going anywhere. I'll bet ya $100 you can't quit posting to
    ARBR.

    You would lose that bet. Once the loose ends are tied up I will be gone.

    I came on this group bit by bit and that is the way I am going to leave it -
    if others will let me. And that includes you too, Graham.

    YOU have to be the one to make the decision. Truth be told, the only reason I
    stayed subscribed to this NG is to be entertained by you. I got drawn into it
    by Mark L. cross posting to another group.

    Retract your statement about leaving now, it will make much less crow to consume
    in the future.

    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email

  3. "nget" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    [...]

    Quoted message said:

    The moderated forum is a whole different animal altogether. The
    security it gives you seems to come with a high price.But you maybe
    right that if the worst of elements are going to come here and bore
    eveyone out of their skulls then leaving maybe the only option left for
    the civilized to take.I also may not post to ARBR like I've done here
    the last few days but who knows.

    It is not boring posts that bother me as I know how to stimulate others to
    not be their usual boring selves. It is a criminal poster like Ed Gin who
    bothers me and how the rest of the group is silent at his assaults. Only Jim
    McNamara and I have fought the good fight. A moderated forum would get rid
    of criminal trash like Ed Gin in a flash. I enjoy the play of conversation
    regardless of topic, but it requires that all be civilized at the minimum.

    All it takes for anyone to think like me is to come under attack by a
    criminal like Ed Gin. Then you will know what I am talking about and you
    will end up disgusted with newsgroups and all the knaves and cowards who
    infest them.

    The weather is great here in the

    Quoted message said:

    Pacific Northwest and I have my 3.4 wiz wheel trike that is helping me
    to restore my hurt knee. Today a nice lady I didn't even know called me
    by my first name as I rode by. Hi Mark she said, well it made me feel
    good that she knew who I was. She may even know things about me I wish
    she didn't.

    I have got one of the early versions of the Terra Trike. I like it just fine
    as long as I keep my speed down. It is a bit squirrelly at speed. I
    especially like the rather low crank that my model has. I note that most
    recent tadpole trikes are now getting the crank too high, at least for me as
    I will get numb feet if the crank is more than 4 inches above the seat.

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

  4. Subject: Re: A Parting Word
    Newsgroup: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
    => Edward Dolan <= wrote:

    YHM

    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email

  5. "G. Morgan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Subject: Re: A Parting Word
    Newsgroup: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

    = Edward Dolan = said:
    Quoted message said:

    Then quit beating a dead horse and leave already.

    Nope, not even Graham likes to hear the truth about newsgroups.

    I forgot more about NG's than you'll ever learn.

    I now know all I will ever want to know. I am a quick learner.

    Quoted message said:

    The truth is this:

    If is don't apply, let it fly.

    Yup, blend into the wood work, but that is not why I came to a newsgroup. I
    meant to stand out and I did.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    If you would quit posting and just lurk for a while, you'll quickly find
    your
    name not being mentioned.

    If and when my name is no longer being mentioned I will be gone. When do
    you
    think that will be - sometime this year?

    If you quit arguing about the usage of the word "differing", don't you
    think
    that would help?

    No one understands us scholars and pedants. The fate of the world can hinge
    on a single word.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    You are not going anywhere. I'll bet ya $100 you can't quit posting to
    ARBR.

    You would lose that bet. Once the loose ends are tied up I will be gone.

    I came on this group bit by bit and that is the way I am going to leave
    it -
    if others will let me. And that includes you too, Graham.

    YOU have to be the one to make the decision. Truth be told, the only
    reason I
    stayed subscribed to this NG is to be entertained by you. I got drawn
    into it
    by Mark L. cross posting to another group.

    Graham, I need others who are up to my level. You can only humor idiots and
    morons for so long. They get frustrated at always being on the short end of
    an argument - and then they get nasty. I should never have left the groves
    of academe where they are used to intellectual discourse, although they can
    be equally as nasty as those to be found here on ARBR.

    Quoted message said:

    Retract your statement about leaving now, it will make much less crow to
    consume
    in the future.

    No, I am determined to leave, but it may be the longest leave taking in
    Usenet history. It may be that I will have to say goodbye a hundred and one
    times before the fantasy becomes the reality.

    I am disillusioned with newsgroups. But I knew better going into this human
    nature being what it is. Thankfully, I am going to die in the not too
    distant future and leave this vale of woe for oblivion. Non-existence is the
    best of all possible worlds and that is what we should all be aspiring to.
    Trust me on this, you do not want to live forever, not in this world and
    most certainly not in any other world either. Thus spake Zarathustra.

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

  6. Subject: Re: A Parting Word
    Newsgroup: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

    = Edward Dolan = said:

    Thus spake Zarathustra

    Are you experiencing delusions of grandeur, or are you suicidal?

    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email

  7. "G. Morgan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Subject: Re: A Parting Word
    Newsgroup: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

    = Edward Dolan = said:

    Thus spake Zarathustra

    Are you experiencing delusions of grandeur, or are you suicidal?

    I have always experienced delusions of grandeur from the first moment I
    arrived here on ARBR. It is because everyone else on this group is so very
    small minded. That is why I have named myself Ed Dolan the Great. Others
    need to know not only what I think of myself, but what I think of them by
    way of contrast. No other Greats here except myself.

    As to being suicidal, well no. I am getting on in years (almost 70), but
    there is never any point in rushing to the grave because once you are dead,
    you are dead for all eternity. But still you have to ask yourself, just how
    long do you want to live. Every time I pick up the local newspaper, people
    in their 70's are dropping like flies. The women seem to make it into their
    80's, but we men like to kick off in our mid 70's. Well, let us struggle on
    and let the dead bury the dead I always say.

    Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

  8. G. Morgan said:

    Subject: Re: A Parting Word
    Newsgroup: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

    = nget = said:

    The weather is great here in the
    Pacific Northwest and I have my 3.4 wiz wheel trike that is helping me
    to restore my hurt knee.Today a nice lady I didn't even know called me
    by my first name as I rode by.Hi Mark she said,well it made me feel
    good that she knew who I was.She may even know things about me I wish
    she didn't.

    I'm glad you're have a break in the weather. It sounds like you're living a
    content life. I wish I could say the same.

    BTW:

    You just gave away your (general) locale and name, so Jim can no longer call you
    "anonymous". 😉

    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email


    People can call me whatever it is they would like to it doesn't change who I am,and unlike so many people I do know who I am.I am far from living a content life but if it falls my way I will take it as well as the bad times for both come from the same place.Today I'm back on the job ,what a waste of this good weather.Looks like I'm late for work again,does anybody really give a [censored]?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.