Cindi - HappyMamatoThree said:I have a pork shoulder sitting in the fridge that I would like some
recommendations for. Not in the mood for barbecue or pulled pork, so what
are your other favorite recipes and serving suggestions? I was thinking of
making the Gordon Ramsay Potato Gratin as a side, but other than that
nothing is coming to mind.
Any great ideas or recipes?
Cindi
I'm about to do mine Hawaiian style. Put it in a heavy casserole,
salt it liberally with kosher salt (I use Hawaiian red or white, using
red tonight), use about 2 cups of water with 1 T or so liquid smoke
(any flavor), cover and bake low for three or four hours till shreds
easily.
Low oven for us is 300, but I'll start it at 375 for the first hour to
speed things up.
If it looks like it's drying out around 2 hours in, add more water.
We have a banana tree, so I'll wrap mine in banana leaf, but that's
totally optional.
Pili