General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

*A prayer!!!!!!*

Started by Pandora · · Last activity · 193 posts · 3,430 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
3 October 2005
Last activity
12 October 2005
Original author
Pandora
Posts
193
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,430
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 141–160 of 193
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. OmManiPadmeOmelet said:


    Welcome to Usenet!!!
    Develop a thick skin.

    In the real world, these discussion lists really do not matter.

    Granted, I've made some VERY good (and long term) freinds here, but the
    trolls are just part of participating.

    Get used to it and learn to cope with it. That's just the way these
    lists are!

    I learned it the hard way too......... so I understand.

    Yup, I can testify... you were subjected to far worse harrassment than
    Pandora has gotten to date.

  2. Pandora said:

    I respect every sigle person (it's my life style) and I would like that
    persons respect me.

    Pandora, get yourself a decent newsreader and experience the zen of
    killfiling. http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php

  3. "sf" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:

    I respect every sigle person (it's my life style) and I would like that
    persons respect me.

    Pandora, get yourself a decent newsreader and experience the zen of
    killfiling. http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php

    ZEN killfiling? ROTFL!
    Pandora

    Quoted message said:
  4. In article <[email hidden]>,

    sf said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:


    Welcome to Usenet!!!
    Develop a thick skin.

    In the real world, these discussion lists really do not matter.

    Granted, I've made some VERY good (and long term) freinds here, but the
    trolls are just part of participating.

    Get used to it and learn to cope with it. That's just the way these
    lists are!

    I learned it the hard way too......... so I understand.

    Yup, I can testify... you were subjected to far worse harrassment than
    Pandora has gotten to date.

    And I won....... ;-)
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  5. In article <[email hidden]>,

    sf said:
    Pandora said:

    I respect every sigle person (it's my life style) and I would like that
    persons respect me.

    Pandora, get yourself a decent newsreader and experience the zen of
    killfiling. http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php

    I use MT newswatcher.
    The filters are a dream...... :-)

    I rarely killfile authors, I generally just killfile subjects or
    keywords.

    I only killfiled one author over on the graphics art list.
    His idea of "art" deeply offends me. :-P
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  6. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Pandora said:

    "sf" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:

    I respect every sigle person (it's my life style) and I would like that
    persons respect me.

    Pandora, get yourself a decent newsreader and experience the zen of
    killfiling. http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php

    ZEN killfiling? ROTFL!
    Pandora

    Quoted message said:

    She's right. ;-)

    The nice thing about good killfiles is that if you DO choose to killfile
    an author, but you still see some offensive posts due to others
    answering them, you can do a subject or thread killfile and get rid of
    that too without killfiling people that you normally prefer to read.

    Cheers!
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  7. "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    I found it anatomically fascinating personally,
    and am curious as to how you could repair an injury that was
    that drastic!

    I'm betting he never did competitive squats again at a PL meet.

    Poor dude!
    :-(

    I quite simply cannot take it anymore. I didn't look at the
    picture until last night, horrible, gross. I was wondering, where's
    the blood? Now you are trying to tell me the guy LIVED??????

    Please, someone, clue me in.

    nancy

  8. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Nancy Young said:

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    I found it anatomically fascinating personally,
    and am curious as to how you could repair an injury that was
    that drastic!

    I'm betting he never did competitive squats again at a PL meet.

    Poor dude!
    :-(

    I quite simply cannot take it anymore. I didn't look at the
    picture until last night, horrible, gross. I was wondering, where's
    the blood? Now you are trying to tell me the guy LIVED??????

    Please, someone, clue me in.

    nancy

    He'd have to have broken open some veins to bleed.
    That looks to me like just a very severe rectal prolapse...

    I don't know any more of the history than what I read, but
    I read in the first post I ever saw that they were able
    to repair it. ;-)

    I do some powerlifting at the gym and intend to get better at
    it over time, so pics like that scare me. <lol>

    My deadlift is only up to 165 lbs. and I still squat using the
    Smith Rack.

    I've got a LONG ways to go!
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  9. OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    sf said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:


    Welcome to Usenet!!!
    Develop a thick skin.

    In the real world, these discussion lists really do not matter.

    Granted, I've made some VERY good (and long term) freinds here, but the
    trolls are just part of participating.

    Get used to it and learn to cope with it. That's just the way these
    lists are!

    I learned it the hard way too......... so I understand.

    Yup, I can testify... you were subjected to far worse harrassment than
    Pandora has gotten to date.

    And I won....... ;-)

    You most certainly did. You got pushed into a pile of manure and came
    up smelling like a rose!

  10. OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    sf said:
    Pandora said:

    I respect every sigle person (it's my life style) and I would like that
    persons respect me.

    Pandora, get yourself a decent newsreader and experience the zen of
    killfiling. http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php

    I use MT newswatcher.
    The filters are a dream...... :-)

    I rarely killfile authors, I generally just killfile subjects or
    keywords.

    I only killfiled one author over on the graphics art list.
    His idea of "art" deeply offends me. :-P

    I use Agent and I can do an "ignore thread." Don't have to kill file
    everyone in the thread.
    --
    Susan N.

    "Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral,
    48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."
    Vittorio De Sica, Italian movie director (1901-1974

  11. The Cook said:

    I use Agent and I can do an "ignore thread." Don't have to kill file
    everyone in the thread.

    With the full version, you can KF the entire thread or ignore it, mark
    posters as read but not killed or you can kill them entirely. I used
    Agent for almost 10 years before I finally decided it was worth the
    money to buy the full version... just for the KF and mainly due to the
    ubiquitious Sandra Lee threads which are better dead than read.

  12. In article <[email hidden]>,

    sf said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    sf said:

    On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 13:18:26 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

    >
    > Welcome to Usenet!!!
    > Develop a thick skin.
    >
    > In the real world, these discussion lists really do not matter.
    >
    > Granted, I've made some VERY good (and long term) freinds here, but
    > the
    > trolls are just part of participating.
    >
    > Get used to it and learn to cope with it. That's just the way these
    > lists are!
    >
    > I learned it the hard way too......... so I understand.

    Yup, I can testify... you were subjected to far worse harrassment than
    Pandora has gotten to date.

    And I won....... ;-)

    You most certainly did. You got pushed into a pile of manure and came
    up smelling like a rose!

    ;-D

    You are generous...
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  13. In article <[email hidden]>,

    The Cook said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    sf said:

    On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 08:41:28 +0200, Pandora wrote:

    > I respect every sigle person (it's my life style) and I would like that
    > persons respect me.

    Pandora, get yourself a decent newsreader and experience the zen of
    killfiling. http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php

    I use MT newswatcher.
    The filters are a dream...... :-)

    I rarely killfile authors, I generally just killfile subjects or
    keywords.

    I only killfiled one author over on the graphics art list.
    His idea of "art" deeply offends me. :-P

    I use Agent and I can do an "ignore thread." Don't have to kill file
    everyone in the thread.

    I don't killfile everyone in the thread.
    I can set it up to "kill this subject" which eliminates that thread from
    my browser.

    I use MT.
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  14. OmManiPadmeOmelet said:
    DUMBdora said:

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" sez:

    Quoted message said:

    "Nola" wrote:
    >"DUMBdora" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > > > I was reared to believe bad behavior is not acceptable.
    > >
    > > And why didn't you answer to Sheldon? Are you afraid of him
    >
    > I had erroneously assumed that you would be more reasonable about
    > abandoning
    > bad behavior than Sheldon has proven to be. I have received shots from
    > Sheldon before and will likely receive them again; what's to fear, they
    > are just words.

    If it bothers you that much, practice what I learned from a temper
    control tape. (I used to have a HORRIBLE temper so used a sleep training
    tape for awhile to learn to control it, and it worked!). The tape taught
    me to channel negativity into humor. Rather than getting mad at someone,
    laugh at them.

    It works, and makes you feel WONderful!

    The same technique later helped me with stress control at work. That's a
    little more difficult since I still have problems dealing with
    frustration (situations beyond my control) but trying to see the humor
    in things is a very good technique and works most of the time...

    This is a little difficult , but I could try 🙂
    STRONZAdora

    Only at first... :-)
    After awhile it becomes second nature. Easy.
    It is it's own reward.

    Getting angry feels bad.
    Getting funny feels good.

    Getting laid feels better.

    Quoted message said:

    Took me about 10 years.

    And you still haven't gotten laid... sure seems like you're angling for
    some of that stinky dago's [censored], you already got your beak so far up
    her butt it's pecking at her tonsils ... because obviously your
    so-called training is a complete and utter failure (actually I know
    you're bullshitting... yeah, you got training, I got yer training
    swinging) because here yoose ALL are going on, and on, and on, and on,
    and on, day after day, after day, after day, after day and getting
    ab-so-lute-ly nowhere... buncha NO-LIFE/WILL NEVER HAVE A LIFE
    LOSERS... *All* of YOOSE!

    Far, FAR better newbies than any of yoose have tried and FAILED.

    YOU LOSE!

    Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

    Sheldon

  15. Pandora cries:

    Quoted message said:

    I pray Dimitri and other persons of not reporting in their post the
    offensive words of that "turd"; "[censored]" and [censored] called "Sheldon".
    I HAVE KILLED HIM! Now I don't know why I must read all the insults he
    addresses to me. Perhaps do you agree with him? If yes , tell me, because in
    my killfile there is a lot of space.
    Pandora
    (very angry).

    What are you babbling on about? You no spikka da English very good.

    --
    Best
    Greg

  16. Sheldon said:
    Dumbdora said:

    I pray Dimitri and other persons of not reporting in their post the
    offensive words of that "turd"; "[censored]" and [censored] called "Sheldon".
    I HAVE KILLED HIM! Now I don't know why I must read all the insults he
    addresses to me. Perhaps do you agree with him? If yes , tell me, because in
    my killfile there is a lot of space.
    Pandora
    (very angry).

    Ah, this calls for a Hallmark Moment...

    I'm so happy to know how badly I've upset you. <G>

    Ahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

    Lol...she fell into the clueless noobie trap of getting all enraged by
    another poster, a total stranger on Usenet. Reminds me of the way folx
    used to bait Mothra Hughes when she was gracing us with her presence on
    this here froup...

    Maybe this rabid Eye - talian gal will burst an artery or something (I
    was going to say "brain cell" but she apparently does not possess
    any)...all over a bunch of words written by a stranger on a computer
    screen.

    Pretty entertaining in any case ;-)

    --
    Best
    Greg

  17. Nancy Young said:

    I quite simply cannot take it anymore. I didn't look at the
    picture until last night, horrible, gross. I was wondering, where's
    the blood? Now you are trying to tell me the guy LIVED??????

    Please, someone, clue me in.

    nancy


    The guy lived just fine, apparently? I first saw that years ago, with
    the story behind it on www.rotten.com. A truly disgusting, eye popping
    website full of stuff like this. <shiver>

  18. Default User said:
    Dan Abel said:

    I understand perfectly why people killfile Sheldon. He can be pretty
    obnoxious. However, he also posts some good information.

    You know, he really doesn't. A lot of his so-called information is
    [censored], misinformation, wrong-end-of-the-stick stuff. The rest is
    cribbed from google searches anybody could do.

    Face it: you're just insanely jealous because people don't constantly
    start threads about how much they "hate" you :-)

    --
    Best
    Greg

  19. On Mon 03 Oct 2005 11:38:02a, Pandora wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    I pray Dimitri and other persons of not reporting in their post the
    offensive words of that "turd"; "[censored]" and [censored] called "Sheldon".
    I HAVE KILLED HIM! Now I don't know why I must read all the insults he
    addresses to me. Perhaps do you agree with him? If yes , tell me,
    because in my killfile there is a lot of space.
    Pandora
    (very angry).

    Pandora, as much as I like you, enjoy your posts and recipes, and admire
    your talent, I think it's about time you got over this and gave it a rest.
    I have also had my own trials and tribulations with Sheldon and his
    supporters, and they're clearly not going away. I found it's just best to
    ignore the whole thing and get on with living and posting. I hope you
    choose to do the same.

    Cheers!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    _____________________________

    http://tinypic.com/dzijap.jpg

    Popie-In-The-Bowl

  20. Pandora said:

    Well! I don't think Skeletron

    Ummm..."Skeletron"...???

    is an expert. I read things wrote by him that

    Quoted message said:

    are completely wrong, but I didn't said anything, nor I offended him for
    this. Very often Internet *is not* a good source. And I don't think
    Skeletron could teach me italian cooking. Perahps he could teach me how to
    light a barbecue or how to eat an hot dog.

    He *sure* could teach you to "eat a hot dog" - but I'm sure he'd insist
    that you bathe first :---p

    Quoted message said:

    I'm sorry that I've killed him, because I could demonstrate everybody he
    understands very few things of good cooking. Recipes need to be tried not
    only read, like he does!

    Some of us are such good cooks we don't need no steenkin' recipes :o)

    --
    Best
    Greg

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.