UK and Europe · Public discussion

A question for Matt B

Started by Don Whybrow · · Last activity · 38 posts · 722 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
15 February 2007
Last activity
18 February 2007
Original author
Don Whybrow
Posts
38
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
722
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–38 of 38
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On 16 Feb 2007 03:50:45 -0800, "spindrift" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Matt B 'matt.bourke'@nospam.london.com said:
    spindrift said:

    On 16 Feb, 09:20, Matt B <"matt.bourke"@nospam.london.com> wrote:
    > [email hidden] wrote:
    >> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:34:59 +0000, Don Whybrow
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>> Since I would not want you to lose focus on any other discussion.
    >>> Do you cycle?
    >> Ask him if he's a member of the ABD.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Refuses to answer the question.

    I've never refused to answer the question.

    Go on - bet you a fiver he won't say "no".

    "Yes" would be embarrassing, of course...

  2. spindrift said:
    Matt B 'matt.bourke'@nospam.london.com said:
    spindrift said:

    No answer to my questions then?


    I think I've answered them all, apart from any that might be awaiting
    clarification from yourself.

    On the other hand, are you going to answer /any/ of mine???

    Is obscuring your number plate or arranging to have speeding tickets
    sent to a dead person's address wrong?

    That was a new question you asked /after/ I answered all your original
    questions - and it was in reply to my questions which you DIDN'T answer!

    So, the first question that you owe me an answer to is:
    What leads you to believe that I "speed" on /any/ roads?

    --
    Matt B

  3. Matt B 'matt.bourke'@nospam.london.com said:
    spindrift said:
    Matt B 'matt.bourke'@nospam.london.com said:

    spindrift wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > No answer to my questions then?
    I think I've answered them all, apart from any that might be awaiting
    clarification from yourself.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    On the other hand, are you going to answer /any/ of mine???

    Quoted message said:

    Is obscuring your number plate or arranging to have speeding tickets
    sent to a dead person's address wrong?

    That was a new question you asked /after/ I answered all your original
    questions - and it was in reply to my questions which you DIDN'T answer!

    So, the first question that you owe me an answer to is:
    What leads you to believe that I "speed" on /any/ roads?

    --
    Matt B

    Bugger, I owe jtay a fiver.

  4. Quoted message said:

    On 16 Feb 2007 03:50:45 -0800, "spindrift" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Matt B 'matt.bourke'@nospam.london.com said:

    spindrift wrote:
    > On 16 Feb, 09:20, Matt B <"matt.bourke"@nospam.london.com> wrote:
    >> [email hidden] wrote:
    >>> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:34:59 +0000, Don Whybrow
    >>> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>> Since I would not want you to lose focus on any other discussion.
    >>>> Do you cycle?
    >>> Ask him if he's a member of the ABD.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Refuses to answer the question.
    I've never refused to answer the question.

    Go on - bet you a fiver he won't say "no".

    "Yes" would be embarrassing, of course...

    What is /your/ big interest in this organisation - other than that you
    are a member yourself?

    Why do you think a "yes" answer would be embarrassing to anyone???

    --
    Matt B

  5. spindrift said:
    Matt B 'matt.bourke'@nospam.london.com said:
    spindrift said:

    On 16 Feb, 15:30, Matt B <"matt.bourke"@nospam.london.com> wrote:
    > spindrift wrote:
    >> No answer to my questions then?
    > I think I've answered them all, apart from any that might be awaiting
    > clarification from yourself.
    > On the other hand, are you going to answer /any/ of mine???
    Is obscuring your number plate or arranging to have speeding tickets
    sent to a dead person's address wrong?


    That was a new question you asked /after/ I answered all your original
    questions - and it was in reply to my questions which you DIDN'T answer!

    So, the first question that you owe me an answer to is:
    What leads you to believe that I "speed" on /any/ roads?

    Bugger, I owe jtay a fiver.

    Never mind that - where's my answer???

    --
    Matt B

  6. Quoted message said:
    Don Whybrow said:

    Since I would not want you to lose focus on any other discussion.

    Do you cycle?

    Ask him if he's a member of the ABD.

    Why, what has that got to do with cycling?

    --
    Don Whybrow

    Sequi Bonum Non Time

    At first there was nothing. Then God said 'Let there be light!'
    Then there was still nothing. But you could see it.

  7. Matt B said:
    Don Whybrow said:

    Do you cycle?


    Yes.

    Good. Do you primarily cycle for utility, sport or pleasure?

    --
    Don Whybrow

    Sequi Bonum Non Time

    "So tell me, just how long have you had this feeling that no one
    is watching you?" (Christopher Locke: Entropy Gradient Reversals)

  8. Don Whybrow said:
    Quoted message said:
    Don Whybrow said:

    Since I would not want you to lose focus on any other discussion.

    Do you cycle?

    Ask him if he's a member of the ABD.

    Why, what has that got to do with cycling?

    More importantly to me - what is the ABD?

  9. "Paul Boyd" <usenet.dont.work@plusnet> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Don Whybrow said the following on 15/02/2007 20:34:

    Quoted message said:

    Since I would not want you to lose focus on any other discussion.

    Do you cycle?

    If he does, please let me know - I won't see his reply :-)

    Apparently the answer is yes.

  10. Adam Lea said:

    "Paul Boyd" <usenet.dont.work@plusnet> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Don Whybrow said the following on 15/02/2007 20:34:

    Quoted message said:

    Since I would not want you to lose focus on any other discussion.

    Do you cycle?


    If he does, please let me know - I won't see his reply :-)

    Apparently the answer is yes.


    Woo Hoo, Must have nearly killed him to give a straight yes or no answer.

  11. Matt B said:
    spindrift said:
    Matt B 'matt.bourke'@nospam.london.com said:

    spindrift wrote:
    > On 16 Feb, 15:30, Matt B <"matt.bourke"@nospam.london.com> wrote:
    >> spindrift wrote:
    >>> No answer to my questions then?
    >> I think I've answered them all, apart from any that might be awaiting
    >> clarification from yourself.
    >> On the other hand, are you going to answer /any/ of mine???
    > Is obscuring your number plate or arranging to have speeding tickets
    > sent to a dead person's address wrong?
    That was a new question you asked /after/ I answered all your original
    questions - and it was in reply to my questions which you DIDN'T answer!

    So, the first question that you owe me an answer to is:
    What leads you to believe that I "speed" on /any/ roads?

    Bugger, I owe jtay a fiver.

    Never mind that - where's my answer???

    The obvious answer would be that nearly every motorist does speed. You
    would be very unusual if you didn't ever speed.

    However there do appear to be a large number of hypocrites who deny
    their own speeding whilst attacking the mote in their cycling brother's eye.

  12. Don Whybrow said:
    Matt B said:
    Don Whybrow said:

    Do you cycle?


    Yes.

    Good. Do you primarily cycle for utility, sport or pleasure?


    Maybe he meant "Otto cycle" ;-)

  13. "Alan Crocker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Don Whybrow said:
    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:34:59 +0000, Don Whybrow
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > Since I would not want you to lose focus on any other discussion.
    >
    > Do you cycle?

    Ask him if he's a member of the ABD.

    Why, what has that got to do with cycling?

    More importantly to me - what is the ABD?

    Association of British Drivers:

    http://www.abd.org.uk/

  14. Adam Lea said:

    "Alan Crocker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Don Whybrow said:

    [email hidden] wrote:
    > On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:34:59 +0000, Don Whybrow
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Why, what has that got to do with cycling?

    More importantly to me - what is the ABD?

    Association of British Drivers:

    http://www.abd.org.uk/

    OK, any idea why we should care?

    --
    Mike
    Van Tuyl titanium Dura Ace 10
    Fausto Coppi aluminium Ultegra 10
    Raleigh Record Sprint mongrel

  15. mb said:
    Adam Lea said:

    "Alan Crocker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Don Whybrow wrote:
    > [email hidden] wrote:
    >> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:34:59 +0000, Don Whybrow
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > Why, what has that got to do with cycling?
    >

    More importantly to me - what is the ABD?

    Association of British Drivers:

    http://www.abd.org.uk/

    OK, any idea why we should care?

    Because it is a zionist conspiracy of course.
    --
    Three wheels good, two wheels ok

    www.catrike.co.uk

  16. Buck said:
    mb said:
    Adam Lea said:

    "Alan Crocker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    >
    >
    > Don Whybrow wrote:
    >> [email hidden] wrote:
    >>> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:34:59 +0000, Don Whybrow
    >>> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >> Why, what has that got to do with cycling?
    >>
    >
    > More importantly to me - what is the ABD?

    Association of British Drivers:

    http://www.abd.org.uk/

    OK, any idea why we should care?

    Because it is a zionist conspiracy of course.

    Oh, you were reading The Times today, too, were you?

    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article1398288.ece

    A

  17. in message <[email hidden]>, Ambrose Nankivell

    (') said:
    Buck said:
    mb said:

    On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:29:50 +0000, Adam Lea wrote:

    > "Alan Crocker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    >>
    >>
    >> Don Whybrow wrote:
    >>> [email hidden] wrote:
    >>>> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:34:59 +0000, Don Whybrow
    >>>> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Why, what has that got to do with cycling?
    >>>
    >>
    >> More importantly to me - what is the ABD?
    >
    > Association of British Drivers:
    >
    > http://www.abd.org.uk/

    OK, any idea why we should care?

    Because it is a zionist conspiracy of course.

    Oh, you were reading The Times today, too, were you?

    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article1398288.ece

    The readers' responses are a total joy. You could not make this stuff up!

    --
    [email hidden] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
    ; ... of course nothing said here will be taken notice of by
    ; the W3C. The official place to be ignored is on www-style or
    ; www-html. -- George Lund

  18. In article <[email hidden]>, Simon
    Brooke says...

    Quoted message said:

    The readers' responses are a total joy. You could not make this stuff up!


    I presume you noted the name on the last response. Step forward Mr Will
    Cove of Cornwall. Now, haven't I seen that name somewhere else
    recently?!!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.