A secret society?

Wentz

Guest
I was interviewing for an administrator position on an
online game that I play, and the interviewer asked about my
hobbies. As soon as I mentioned unicycling, he jumped in
with "Really? I was watching the discovery channel the other
day and I saw this guy on a unicycle..."

I burned some bridges on the game when I was younger, so I
don't have much of a chance of getting the job. Even so, it
seems that my vague association with the same sport as Kris
Holm has improved my odds of getting hired.

Is this an isolated case of being in the right place at
the right time, or does unicycling give you an edge in the
real world?

Rob

p.s. Is there some secret handshake I should learn for
preferential treatment at stores, restaurants, and
government offices? Also, what level of riding ability
is required before I can sign up for my swarms of
scantily clad women? :D

--
wentz - Heh, Albatross is sorta blah, eh?

Avatar inspired by 'this thread' (http://tinyurl.com/2kmun) and 'this
thread' (http://tinyurl.com/3gsqo).
wentz's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4563

Edge!? Of course it gives you an edge. It highly improves
the level of cut that your jib posesses and simultaneously
raises profficiency in brutal hand to hand combat. Did you
ever wonder how you were going to single-handedly trap and
eat a whole beartiger (-a combination of a bear and a tiger!-
) with only a shoelace? UNICYCLING! Has there ever been a
successful man who hasn't unicycled? Alexander Chubley,
Prince Manserfield III, and even the great Jonny Jonderson,
ALL UNICYCLISTS. In conclusion, unicycle... -or perish.-
Because in the real world, you don't have time to think
about a second wheel.

--
zach_jucha - Not here

-Don't ask me why I said it, because I already forgot.-

- Homestar
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

On Tue, 18 May 2004 16:42:06 -0500, "wentz" wrote:

>Is this an isolated case of being in the right place at
>the right time, or does unicycling give you an edge in the
>real world?

I heard this true story from an instructor at my
former uni club:

Of all the applicants for a particular job two came out
equally on top. One had included in his c.v. that he had
acquired level 1 to 3 of unicycling. When asked whether
this was a joke or really true, he confirmed and gave
this instructor's name as a reference. The HR man called
the unicycling instructor which he happened to know, and
was given a colorful account of the personal
characteristics required for getting this far in
unicycling, such as perseverance, willingness to explore
new ground, physical fitness.

Guess what, he got the job.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
be sure to remove the saddle and simply sit on the seat
post. this is far more comfortable - tennisgh22 on the

I'm gona make a special handshake and teach it to the
Toronto Unicyclists, including Jeff and Ryan then they will
pass it one when they go off to there crazy crazy
comoetitions. It'll give all unicyclists a dsicount at any
store that another unicyclists works at. please make a list
of places that a discount is available.

I will give you a discount at The Running Room (specifically
whitby, and pickering in Ontario Canada) stop by, and I'll
give you 38% off. Pass it on.

Logan AUUUUUUUU

PS. it's may 2 4 in 2 days.

--
Logan_A. - Trials und Street rider

Zoink!!!
Logan_A.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4088

On Tue, 18 May 2004 19:32:41 -0500, "zach_jucha" wrote:

>Has there ever been a successful man who hasn't unicycled?
>Alexander Chubley, Prince Manserfield III, and even the
>great Jonny Jonderson, ALL UNICYCLISTS.

Counter-proof: Donald Rumsfeld is a unicyclist.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
be sure to remove the saddle and simply sit on the seat
post. this is far more comfortable - tennisgh22 on the
comfort of Savage unis

Zach's back!!!

So Zach, lets have a list of when you're movie's coming out,
and who'll be in it and where the filming'll be. That'd
rock. I want a copy.

As for the preference of unicyclists, it's all real funny
how things work. The economy is run by competitions.
Whenever a new trick is learned, the economy increases, and
the Dow Jones Industrial index soars whenever someone lands
a 3' hop, or some gap. The S&P 500 is run by Kris Holm
himself! It's all run by unicyclists, although there are
some bikers in some of the low-level positions...

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown out?

Hey hey..

Are you serious about the 38% off for your fellow
unicyclists? Because I've been shopping around for a heart
rate monitor for awhile, and if you could hook me up with a
discount that would be awesome. If you could email me and
let me know that would be great.. thanks!

Carney

"Logan_A."
<[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]
clist.com...

zach_jucha wrote:
> *Edge!? Of course it gives you an edge. It highly improves
> the level of cut that your jib posesses and simultaneously
> raises profficiency in brutal hand to hand combat. Did you
> ever wonder how you were going to single-handedly trap and
> eat a whole beartiger (-a combination of a bear and a tiger!-
> ) with only a shoelace? UNICYCLING! Has there ever been a
> successful man who hasn't unicycled? Alexander Chubley,
> Prince Manserfield III, and even the great Jonny
> Jonderson, ALL UNICYCLISTS. In conclusion, unicycle... -or
> perish.- Because in the real world, you don't have time to
> think about a second wheel. *

I wish this whole thing could be my sig line :D

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv16

"...I speculated that if we all got to know each other, one lawn mower
would be enough for any neighborhood." -Keith Cash
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Klaas Bil wrote:
> *Counter-proof: Donald Rumsfeld is a unicyclist. *
And how about Ted Kazinsky, the "Unabomber" (not
unibomber). He's in jail now but was a serial mail bomber
in the Western US.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not
because they are easy, but because they are hard." -- John F. Kennedy,