A4 To Marlow Cycling

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Sean, Jun 17, 2003.

  1. Sean

    Sean Guest

    I would imagine that this is an extremely esoteric question but does anyone know if there is another
    ‘cycle friendly' route between the A4 near Burchetts Green and Bisham/Marlow without having to use
    the dreaded A404 (should be a motorway!)?

    Cheers Sean

    Tags:

  2. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    "Sean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I would imagine that this is an extremely esoteric question but does anyone know if there is
    > another 'cycle friendly' route between the A4 near Burchetts Green and Bisham/Marlow without
    > having to use the dreaded A404 (should be a motorway!)?

    Yes there is - but it's quite a bit longer. You could always ride throught Burchett's Green, to the
    roundabout, turn left to Henley (not a great road but better then the A404), double back right
    towards Hurley Bottom (sounds like a picture caption in the Torygraph!) and up towards Temple Farm,
    then either a very short bit of A404 and left to Temple or chance the white road past Temple Farm.
    I've ridden the stretch of A404 from Temple Farm to Temple and it's just about acceptable - its wide
    and all downhill.

    --
    Guy
    ===

  3. Caher

    Caher New Member

    Joined:
    May 22, 2003
    Yep had a look at that one yesterday - that road is real busy i think even the short stretch is a bit of a chicken run. I've never seen a cycle on it!