A4 To Marlow Cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sean

I would imagine that this is an extremely esoteric question but does anyone know if there is another
‘cycle friendly' route between the A4 near Burchetts Green and Bisham/Marlow without having to use
the dreaded A404 (should be a motorway!)?

Cheers Sean

"Sean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I would imagine that this is an extremely esoteric question but does anyone know if there is
> another 'cycle friendly' route between the A4 near Burchetts Green and Bisham/Marlow without
> having to use the dreaded A404 (should be a motorway!)?

Yes there is - but it's quite a bit longer. You could always ride throught Burchett's Green, to the
roundabout, turn left to Henley (not a great road but better then the A404), double back right
towards Hurley Bottom (sounds like a picture caption in the Torygraph!) and up towards Temple Farm,
then either a very short bit of A404 and left to Temple or chance the white road past Temple Farm.
I've ridden the stretch of A404 from Temple Farm to Temple and it's just about acceptable - its wide
and all downhill.

--
Guy
===
I wonder if you wouldn't mind piecing out our imperfections with your thoughts; and while you're
about it perhaps you could think when we talk of bicycles, that you see them printing their proud
wheels i' the receiving earth; thanks awfully.

Yep had a look at that one yesterday - that road is real busy i think even the short stretch is a bit of a chicken run. I've never seen a cycle on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.