Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

AB'er on stretch bike

Started by Dave A · · Last activity · 9 posts · 602 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
31 August 2006
Last activity
1 September 2006
Original author
Dave A
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
602
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I spotted a bike that was "stretched" with long extended chain stays,
    making room for lots of luggage. Spotted on the corner of Exhibition
    and Lonsdale (Melb CBD) this morning about 9:30 am.

    I also noticed an aus.bicycle spoke card in the front wheel.

    Just curious. Who was the rider? I did not recognise the face.

    Cheers
    DaveA

  2. Dave A said:

    I spotted a bike that was "stretched" with long extended chain stays, making room for lots of luggage. Spotted on the corner of Exhibition
    and Lonsdale (Melb CBD) this morning about 9:30 am.

    I also noticed an aus.bicycle spoke card in the front wheel.

    Just curious. Who was the rider? I did not recognise the face.

    PeteB and his trusty Xtracycle! 🙂


  3. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I also noticed an aus.bicycle spoke card in the front wheel.

    Where do you get those?

  4. [email hidden said:

    "]

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I also noticed an aus.bicycle spoke card in the front wheel.

    Where do you get those?

    Either I do another print run (ummmm) or you can download the image from here & do you're own DIY laminating. 😉

    http://flickr.com/photos/51035538080@N01/127408955/

  5. cfsmtb said:

    Either I do another print run (ummmm) or you can download the image from here & do you're own DIY laminating. 😉

    http://flickr.com/photos/51035538080@N01/127408955/

    Roughly A4:
    http://static.flickr.com/1/127408955_60d4d4e544_o.jpg

  6. Dave A said:

    I spotted a bike that was "stretched" with long extended chain stays,
    making room for lots of luggage. Spotted on the corner of Exhibition
    and Lonsdale (Melb CBD) this morning about 9:30 am.

    I also noticed an aus.bicycle spoke card in the front wheel.

    Just curious. Who was the rider? I did not recognise the face.

    Cheers
    DaveA

    It was Meeeee!

    It's called an Xtracycle S.U.B. (Sport Utility Bicycle)
    http://www.xtracycle.com
    Mine is based on a 2000 Avanti Barracuda MTB.
    The extra length is a cantilever extension that locates the
    rear axle 15" rearward and has a special sling system for carrying loads.

    Mine is available for test rides if anybody wants one.
    The Aus distribute is in Sin city.
    http://www.chainringtransitauthority.com/
    (I have no financial interest in sales, I just want to see more
    people riding them.)

    I was on my way into work when you saw me.

    --
    Pete.B

  7. dave said:

    ..

    Fix your computer clock, it's at least twelve hours out of whack.

  8. cfsmtb said:
    dave said:

    ..

    Fix your computer clock, it's at least twelve hours out of whack.

    yeh it had stopped talking to pool.ntp.org (World Wide)
    Bugger

    Dave

  9. Skewer said:
    Dave A said:

    I spotted a bike that was "stretched" with long extended chain stays,
    making room for lots of luggage. Spotted on the corner of Exhibition
    and Lonsdale (Melb CBD) this morning about 9:30 am.

    I also noticed an aus.bicycle spoke card in the front wheel.

    Just curious. Who was the rider? I did not recognise the face.

    Cheers
    DaveA

    It was Meeeee!

    It's called an Xtracycle S.U.B. (Sport Utility Bicycle)
    http://www.xtracycle.com
    Mine is based on a 2000 Avanti Barracuda MTB.
    The extra length is a cantilever extension that locates the
    rear axle 15" rearward and has a special sling system for carrying loads.

    Mine is available for test rides if anybody wants one.
    The Aus distribute is in Sin city.
    http://www.chainringtransitauthority.com/
    (I have no financial interest in sales, I just want to see more
    people riding them.)

    I was on my way into work when you saw me.

    --
    Pete.B

    Peletons form about Pete on long rides. Think of a bunch of F 18
    fighters flying with a tanker for a long flight. So too little bunches
    of cyclists escort Pee and his 'tanker' load of beer 🙂

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.