abdominal muscles

ken

Guest
I have access to a recumbent bicycle - what kind of program on this
machine would help me flatten my stomach - my abs?
thanks

ken

On 06/21/2005 00:25:50 "ken" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have access to a recumbent bicycle - what kind of program on this
> machine would help me flatten my stomach - my abs? thanks

> ken

None, other than basic fat burning, riding a bent will have no discernible
effect on your abs.

--

Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Ken,

Spot reducing is generally considered a myth but if you are looking for a
more "whole body" workout while still recumbent cycling then check out the
rowbike. I've never used or seen one myself but I'm intrigued. I think it
would technically be called a recumbent although it is in a class by itself.

Jeff
"ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I have access to a recumbent bicycle - what kind of program on this
> machine would help me flatten my stomach - my abs?
> thanks
>
> ken

"Jeff Grippe" <[email protected]> wrote

> [...] for a more "whole body" workout while still recumbent
> cycling then check out the rowbike. I've never used or seen
> one myself but I'm intrigued. I think it would technically be
> called a recumbent although it is in a class by itself.

http://www.rowbike.com/

I've seen one seen and a first-time rider *try* to ride it. I declined
to try! %^P The owner could ride it well and said it was good
exercise, but I don't think it's a mode of transport to mix with
other road users.

Interesting drive design powering on the pull stroke and with
a "take-up reel" for the return. Seat slides back and forth.

There are simpler/cheaper machines and exercises (even
without machines) for conditioning abdominal muscles...
Consulting with a physical therapist or sports trainer or
yoga instructor might be productive. A former regular poster
here split his time between rowing (machine) and recumbent
cycling.

Jon Meinecke