adjustment barrel to fit inside cable stop braze-on

Simon

Guest
Is there such a thing as an adjustment barrel which fits inside a cable stop braze on. I want to fit
drop bars and Tiagra STI's on to a mountain bike frame which doesn't have the necessary downtube
cable stop braze ons, just simple cable stops in their place.

Thanks

Simonb

Simon wrote:
> Is there such a thing as an adjustment barrel which fits inside a cable stop braze on.

I don't know.

> I want to fit drop bars and Tiagra STI's on to a mountain bike frame which doesn't have the
> necessary downtube cable stop braze ons, just simple cable stops in their place.

You might be able to work something out using parts from: http://www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm
- gear spares

You don't strictly need an extra adjuster for the rear cable - because the one on the derailleur's
can suffice. An adjuster really helps with the front, though. An in-line adjuster could be used as a
last resort.

I'm using clip-on "braze-ons" taken from old down tube levers, but these wouldn't fit an oversized
or funny shape down tube.

~PB

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 13:32:49 +0100, "Simon" <sbennettatwiderworlddotcodotuk> wrote:

>Is there such a thing as an adjustment barrel which fits inside a cable stop braze on. I want to
>fit drop bars and Tiagra STI's on to a mountain bike frame which doesn't have the necessary
>downtube cable stop braze ons, just simple cable stops in their place.
>
>Thanks
>
>Simonb

Wot you want (I think) is the Jagwire Mickey Adjusting Barrel model BSR233. Price about £5 for two
when I asked.

UK Distributors - Moore Large, 01332 274200.

They also have an in-line adjuster in their catalogue.