Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Adrenaline rush after longish ride

Started by marc_9 · · Last activity · 9 posts · 600 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
30 July 2004
Last activity
2 August 2004
Original author
marc_9
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
600
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I notice after a longish ride, say 16 to 20 kms, I tend not be be able
    to go to sleep quite as easily as I usually do.
    Tend to be more alert and slightly on the jumpy side (in a good way).
    Is this normal?

  2. 20k's is not really a longish ride, but after I do around 80k's I feel
    pretty much alive and full of beans, so yes maybe its normal.
    "marc_9" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I notice after a longish ride, say 16 to 20 kms, I tend not be be able
    to go to sleep quite as easily as I usually do.
    Tend to be more alert and slightly on the jumpy side (in a good way).
    Is this normal?

  3. "marc_9" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I notice after a longish ride, say 16 to 20 kms, I tend not be be able
    to go to sleep quite as easily as I usually do.
    Tend to be more alert and slightly on the jumpy side (in a good way).
    Is this normal?

    I normally sleep better after a long ride once the endorphins kick in. Mmmm
    endorphins.

    Fraser

  4. marc_9 said:

    I notice after a longish ride, say 16 to 20 kms, I tend not be be able to go to sleep quite as easily as I usually do.
    Tend to be more alert and slightly on the jumpy side (in a good way).
    Is this normal?

    Depends on how close sleep was to the ride?
    i.e. if you ride 20k and then jump into bed, you
    aren't going to be sleeping any time soon.

    hippy

  5. marc_9 said:

    I notice after a longish ride, say 16 to 20 kms, I tend not be be able
    to go to sleep quite as easily as I usually do.

    You shouldn't exercise less than 3 hours before you want to get to
    sleep.

    --
    bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo

  6. Oh?
    I run 6kms last thing at night to knock me out for a deep sleep. Sure I spend 20min just after I get home bubbling away, but then I hit the sack & it's light out until the next morning.

    What should happen if you excerice less than 3hrs before going to sleep?

  7. Michael Warner <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    You shouldn't exercise less than 3 hours before you want to get to
    sleep.

    My bod didn't listen to this yesterday. About ten minutes after
    completing a 100km ride in the morning, including Mt White, Pie, and
    Bobbin Head (south) I fell asleep in the bath, and ended up with
    really wrinkly skin.

    I didn't even make it to the sofa, and missed out on a nice beer!

    Regards,

    Suzy

  8. "Marx SS" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Oh?
    I run 6kms last thing at night to knock me out for a deep sleep. Sure I
    spend 20min just after I get home bubbling away, but then I hit the sack
    & it's light out until the next morning.

    What should happen if you excerice less than 3hrs before going to
    sleep?

    Have you seen the movie "Gremlins"?

    Fraser

  9. Marx SS said:

    I run 6kms last thing at night to knock me out for a deep sleep. Sure I
    spend 20min just after I get home bubbling away, but then I hit the sack
    & it's light out until the next morning.

    Quoted message said:

    What should happen if you excerice less than 3hrs before going to
    sleep?

    It's supposed to keep you awake. If I'm running on too little sleep, a
    solid ride often knocks me out for a nap, but it never lasts more than
    a couple of hours.

    There are people who can drink coffee as a nightcap and go straight to
    sleep, so I guess some of us can become accustomed to anything.

    --
    bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.