Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Advice on new helmet purchase.

Started by bfra1 · · Last activity · 9 posts · 591 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
15 April 2004
Last activity
24 April 2004
Original author
bfra1
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
591
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm looking at buying a new helmet (road riding), possibly the Me
    Ippogriffo and was wondering if anyone has any feedback o
    recommendations

    Currently my decision is based on appearance of the helmet, and thi
    probably isn't the best way to base a decision on something will will b
    on my head for long periods

    Any feedback would be appreciated

    -

  2. "bfra1" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm looking at buying a new helmet (road riding), possibly the Met
    Ippogriffo and was wondering if anyone has any feedback or
    recommendations.

    Currently my decision is based on appearance of the helmet, and this
    probably isn't the best way to base a decision on something will will be
    on my head for long periods.

    Any feedback would be appreciated.

    http://www.roadbikereview.com/Helmets/PLS_1636_770crx.aspx

  3. i have found the 'breathability' or how well it keeps (if thats th
    right word!) your head cool makes a huge difference

    havent tried a Met Ippo but they certainly look like they hav
    ample hole

    speaking of looks, when is someone going to come out with a helme
    system on which you can change the shell/cover so you can colour
    coordinate it to your jersey or bike? (like you can with those 'smart
    cars' by changing panels

    -

  4. bfra1 said:

    I'm looking at buying a new helmet (road riding), possibly the Met
    Ippogriffo and was wondering if anyone has any feedback or
    recommendations.
    Currently my decision is based on appearance of the helmet, and this
    probably isn't the best way to base a decision on something will will be
    on my head for long periods.
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

    The short answer is that I recommend MET Ippgrifo

    I started using a MET Badboy in 2001. The reason was owning an in-moul
    helmet at an affordable price ($100). Still it's going great. Fit, feel
    durability and all. However, being a low end, it does not have enoug
    holes for ventilation. This caused a lot of perspiration. It took m
    some time to find the source of all that sweat (including sting i
    eyes). This summer I bought a new Ippogrifo. It's not just the shear no
    of holes, but the design is aimed for them to act like little scoops
    Very effective indeed. If you're after a good balance between function
    price and looks, then this is a winner. My excessive topical (!
    perspiration problem is long gone. I'm planning to use the Badboy fo
    winter. I left a review on Ippogrifo on cyclingforums.com

    Cheers, Amir

    -

  5. bfra1 said:

    I'm looking at buying a new helmet (road riding), possibly the Met
    Ippogriffo and was wondering if anyone has any feedback or
    recommendations.

    Currently my decision is based on appearance of the helmet, and this
    probably isn't the best way to base a decision on something will will be
    on my head for long periods.

    Any feedback would be appreciated.

    I bought a Met because of their crash replacement policy, under which a
    helmet broken in a bike accident within 3 yrs of purchase can be
    replaced at reduced cost. When I broke mine recently, I only had to pay
    $60 instead of $110 to get it replaced (and I got the newer model of
    equivalent value, my original model having since become superseded).

    HTH,

    &roo

  6. bfra1 said:

    I'm looking at buying a new helmet (road riding), possibly the Met
    Ippogriffo and was wondering if anyone has any feedback or
    recommendations.

    Currently my decision is based on appearance of the helmet, and this
    probably isn't the best way to base a decision on something will will be
    on my head for long periods.

    Any feedback would be appreciated.

    --

    I've had a Met Ippogrifo for a few years now and it's excellent.

    I chose it for the number of vents and the fit.

    If I needed a new helmet, I'd get another Ippogrifo without hesitation.
    (unless I could justify the extra for the Stradivarius 🙂

    Cheers.
    --
    Nick

  7. I agree wassupdawg, how hard would it be to make the top pane
    interchangeable. At the moment you need to buy a helmet that will be O
    with various outfits. Surely there would be a stack of aftermarket $$
    for the add on panels

    -

  8. bfra1 <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    I agree wassupdawg, how hard would it be to make the top panel
    interchangeable. At the moment you need to buy a helmet that will be
    OK with various outfits. Surely there would be a stack of aftermarket
    $$$ for the add on panels.

    Basic black goes with anything.

    --

    A: Top-posters.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

  9. Has anyone tried the Giro Atmos

    Wozitlike

    -

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.