Advise for cycling in Canada required

Nikolay

Nov 28, 2004
Hi, next summer I'm planning to ride in Canada, probably from Calgary to Yukon, and back to the south - to Vancouver. My time budget is 1.5-2 months. Does anyone can recommend me what routes worth taking in the area? I'm not from Canada, so additional question is: Shall I buy all the backroad maps, or it is enough to buy a relatively general map and trust signposting on the backroads (backroads maps are pretty expensive, and, of course, don't cover much area). One more question: Do exists maps with campgrounds indicated on them, including facilities in each groundcamp (it is widespread in Europe - then you can choose camping with hot water, or with electrical socket, or situated near river/lake etc.)?
Thanks fellows

Nikolay said:
Hi, next summer I'm planning to ride in Canada, probably from Calgary to Yukon, and back to the south - to Vancouver. My time budget is 1.5-2 months. Does anyone can recommend me what routes worth taking in the area? I'm not from Canada, so additional question is: Shall I buy all the backroad maps, or it is enough to buy a relatively general map and trust signposting on the backroads (backroads maps are pretty expensive, and, of course, don't cover much area). One more question: Do exists maps with campgrounds indicated on them, including facilities in each groundcamp (it is widespread in Europe - then you can choose camping with hot water, or with electrical socket, or situated near river/lake etc.)?
Thanks fellows
You can obtain all kinds of maps from the providences' tourist agencies or from a gas station. With repect to the area you are riding, there are not that many roads. Go on the inet and check out maps of Canada. You might be encountering many primative campsites that don't have water etc. Be prepared. I rode the Canadian Rockies through Calgary to Jasper and ran into several, however that was 14 years ago. Beautiful country. BTW, the tractor trailers use the shoulder of the road to pass on hills. Be prepared not to **** them off.