Leo Lichtman said:Not doubting your description of the cause, but I'm curious how you were
able to tell the child leaned and caused the accident.
To be honest, it was the only thing I could think of. There were no
bumps and I was moving pretty slowly. I asked my daughter if she was
leaning into the side of the trailer, but that's a leading question so
I don't really know if her answer was factual or not.
When my son was learning to ride on a trail-a-bike and, later, a
tandem with me, I would lean into the turn and he would fight me all
the way through it by leaning the opposite way. He did it because he
felt like he was falling over. That goes away with practice, but I'm
wondering if something similar might happen in the trailer.
Quoted message said:I trust there were no injuries, or if there were, I hope there was nothing
serious.
The only injury was to her pride, which for a three-year-old can be
substantial.
She loves to ride her (training-wheel equipped[1]) bike now and knows
to lean into turns.
RFM
--
[1] Yeah, I know about training wheels. She doesn't have the
coordination to ride without, and she refuses to ride her tricycle
because she wants to be on a bike like her older brother.