AHHH. What the HECK!!

NewRoadie

Guest
For those who might recall I bought a roadbike about 2 months ago.
With only 400 miles on it I noticed that the teeth on the big and
middle chainring which are at the arm of the crankshaft are VERY worn.
About 3 teeth on each side are half gone.

What am I doing wrong? Am I not supposed to shift while peddling hard?

The components are Sora, which I'm aware are not the best, but surely
to goodness it's something that I'm doing.

Thanks!
NewRoadie

there are several teeth on chainrings that are smaller to aid in shifting
etc. so they are not nessiccerily worn out.
you should try not to shift under heavy pedaling/load though

<NewRoadie> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> For those who might recall I bought a roadbike about 2 months ago.
> With only 400 miles on it I noticed that the teeth on the big and
> middle chainring which are at the arm of the crankshaft are VERY worn.
> About 3 teeth on each side are half gone.
>
> What am I doing wrong? Am I not supposed to shift while peddling hard?
>
> The components are Sora, which I'm aware are not the best, but surely
> to goodness it's something that I'm doing.
>
> Thanks!
> NewRoadie

So maybe they were smaller to start with, hmmmm. I had never noticed
but that makes sense.

NewRoadie

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 15:00:15 -0500, "Ryan Fisher" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>there are several teeth on chainrings that are smaller to aid in shifting
>etc. so they are not nessiccerily worn out.
>you should try not to shift under heavy pedaling/load though
>
><NewRoadie> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> For those who might recall I bought a roadbike about 2 months ago.
>> With only 400 miles on it I noticed that the teeth on the big and
>> middle chainring which are at the arm of the crankshaft are VERY worn.
>> About 3 teeth on each side are half gone.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong? Am I not supposed to shift while peddling hard?
>>
>> The components are Sora, which I'm aware are not the best, but surely
>> to goodness it's something that I'm doing.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> NewRoadie

On 11/6/04 11:46 AM, in article [email protected],
"NewRoadie" <NewRoadie> wrote:

> For those who might recall I bought a roadbike about 2 months ago.
> With only 400 miles on it I noticed that the teeth on the big and
> middle chainring which are at the arm of the crankshaft are VERY worn.
> About 3 teeth on each side are half gone.
>
> What am I doing wrong? Am I not supposed to shift while peddling hard?
>
> The components are Sora, which I'm aware are not the best, but surely
> to goodness it's something that I'm doing.
>
> Thanks!
> NewRoadie

Troll..............

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 21:56:58 GMT, Steve <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On 11/6/04 11:46 AM, in article [email protected],
>"NewRoadie" <NewRoadie> wrote:
>
>> For those who might recall I bought a roadbike about 2 months ago.
>> With only 400 miles on it I noticed that the teeth on the big and
>> middle chainring which are at the arm of the crankshaft are VERY worn.
>> About 3 teeth on each side are half gone.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong? Am I not supposed to shift while peddling hard?
>>
>> The components are Sora, which I'm aware are not the best, but surely
>> to goodness it's something that I'm doing.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> NewRoadie

Why are you calling me a troll? Maybe, as has been pointed out, my
question is somewhat silly and something I should have known but I
wasn't joking.

I'd rather be mistaken for a troll than revealed as a jerkoff.

NewRoadie