I'm a bit out of practice doing wheel stands (balancing at a stop). But I gave it a go today. At a
stop light during rush hour, got tipped to the wrong side, the left one, the foot that doesn't come
out of the clips quite as easily as the other.
Witness count: approx 8 including a pedestrian. It was a skillful fall, no broken skin whatsoever,
just some road grime on the shorts. The pedestrian said, sagely, "Oh!" I replied brightly, "That's
what I get for showing off."
I unclipped the other foot, picked up the bike, bowed ellaborately to the chuckling driver at the
head of the waiting auto queue, remounted and rode off with the green light, laughing at myself.
No falls, no balls. Although my falls don't really get much worse than that anymore.
--
--
Lynn Wallace xmission.com~lawallOpen ↗ "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we
could to protect our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security." --Microsoft VP in
charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.