Aluminum Frame Life Expectancy

In article <[email protected]>, "GRL" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Seamus wrote:
> > > ... I wonder how much advantage would be gained by filling my tyres with Helium?
> > >
> > > Or, living life on the edge, filling them with Hydrogen....
> >
> > Hydrogen molecules are very small, so pressure loss would occur rapidly requiring frequent
> > reinflation of the tires.
>
> That happens even with air. Lose about 10 lb. a week from my tires. Would be even faster with
> hydrogen.

Would be even faster with helium. Hydrogen molecules, H2, take up slightly more space than helium,
which is inert and is only a single atom.

Van

--
Van Bagnol / v a n at wco dot com / c r l at bagnol dot com ...enjoys - Theatre / Windsurfing /
Skydiving / Mountain Biking ...feels - "Parang lumalakad ako sa loob ng paniginip" ...thinks - "An