I started riding a few months ago after a 10 year layoff. Rode my old Schwinn for a few weeks and then bought a new Carbon Fiber frame and bike. This week I set up a full bike workshop in my garage...work stand, tools on pegboard, workbench, and a boom box paying Pink Floyd and White Zombies.
I started riding a few months ago after a 10 year layoff. Rode my old Schwinn for a few weeks and then bought a new Carbon Fiber frame and bike. This week I set up a full bike workshop in my garage...work stand, tools on pegboard, workbench, and a boom box paying Pink Floyd and White Zombies.
I started riding a few months ago after a 10 year layoff. Rode my old Schwinn for a few weeks and then bought a new Carbon Fiber frame and bike. This week I set up a full bike workshop in my garage...work stand, tools on pegboard, workbench, and a boom box paying Pink Floyd and White Zombies.
Is this normal and acceptable behavior?
Normal? Wow, I haven't heard anyone use that word in a while. My whole life is abnormal. Or, like you, I have passion about certain things. This is one of those things. So it's sounds normal to me. The White Zombies, I'm not so sure. Welcome back.
Sounds like you are BECOMING as bike/riding/racing obsessed as the rest of us:o . On this forum I read about a USA guy with 57 bikes - that does seem a little over the top....🙂
You sound alright except for your taste in music and the fact that you only own two bikes. Also, the location of your workshop is a little off. It should be in your living room so that you can work on your bikes while entertaining your freinds.
You're not obsessive. You're just beginning to experience what people who dig cycling experience.
FWIW, White Zombie is passable, but if you really want to feel the groove, sync your soul to the road, and really get your funk on, then you'd better start listenin' to some 70's and 80's punk.
I started riding a few months ago after a 10 year layoff. Rode my old Schwinn for a few weeks and then bought a new Carbon Fiber frame and bike. This week I set up a full bike workshop in my garage...work stand, tools on pegboard, workbench, and a boom box paying Pink Floyd and White Zombies.
Is this normal and acceptable behavior?
I just (as in last week) did everything that you did . . . minus the boom box. :eek: (That and the fact that my workshop is in the basement and not in the garage.) I think it's normal behavior. 🙂 My wife thinks I'm wierd. 🙄
I took a break from cycling for a while and did something similar when I started up again. When you have a nice smooth running bike and you're outfitted to keep it performing in tip-top shape you can enjoy everything about cycling that much more.
If I had an ounce of mechanical ability, I'd do the same thing. Instead, I keep my bike on the trainer in the dining room, looking into the living room TV, take it out for a good ride on the weekends, and because my wrenching skills pretty much suck, when the bike needs a tune-up or something else, it goes to the LBS.
I'd prefer Todd Agnew or Third Day on the boom box.
I started riding a few months ago after a 10 year layoff. Rode my old Schwinn for a few weeks and then bought a new Carbon Fiber frame and bike. This week I set up a full bike workshop in my garage...work stand, tools on pegboard, workbench, and a boom box paying Pink Floyd and White Zombies.
Is this normal and acceptable behavior?
I am right there with you. My wife thought it would be fun for me to get a bike and we could take rides on the weekends. Little did she know I would turn into a fanatic. I don't have the workshop set up yet, but everytime I go to my LBS I end up spending a lot of money. I also find myself sitting at work, surfing the cycling forum when I should be working.
9202, I say go with it. It's better than sitting at home watching TV, getting fat, and having your brain turn to mush.