Am I the only one?

Meek One

May 5, 2004
Am I the only one that finds it strange that airplanes (man) now make clouds? What are you talking about, you may ask! I would have thought this was crazy too, until someone pointed it out to me and showed me the very act. Now, that my eyes have been opened so to speak its unbelievable how often this occurs. Go outside and look up. I can guarantee you that perhaps 25 percent of you will see a cloud that looks like a straight line. Over time it will spread from the line. Keep looking. Another airplane will make another line and another. Usually criss-crossing until the blue sky turns hazy. It happens in America, Europe etc. Usually in the early morning, but can be any time. It is a little scary if you ask me. Oddly, weathermen never mention this. Although any of you can see it (if it doesn't happen today, keep watching.), though everyone pretends it doesn't exist. It is so prevalent now especially now that you are looking for it, that they should have made up some sort of reasoning for us to think about, like it's to prevent ozone depletion or something. Anyone see the odd clouds, or the airplane right now making them? If, not monitor the skies for a week. Just for the record, most airplanes leave a very short vapor trail that disappears, not that stays for hours and turns into clouds. Thanks and sorry for ruining your day.

anything to do with cloud seeding which causes cloud to form and then rain or snow to fall ???.

from my understanding they used dry ice in initial experiments but have progressed to colloidal silver, liquid atomised from a plane which is apparently far more superior

btw, i am not a BS artist, it's fair dinkum

http://rams.atmos.colostate.edu/gkss.html

superclimber said:
anything to do with cloud seeding which causes cloud to form and then rain or snow to fall ???.

from my understanding they used dry ice in initial experiments but have progressed to colloidal silver, liquid atomised from a plane which is apparently far more superior

btw, i am not a BS artist, it's fair dinkum

http://rams.atmos.colostate.edu/gkss.html
Not only do they use planes, but there are cloud seeding stations all over the US......they atomize a silver compound to form very small cloud nucleotides where very tiny water droplets form, coalese and then form clouds and rain.

Nice huh?
Here's something even better - many factory exhaust stack contain VOCs and PM-2.5 (particulate matter that is 2.5 micrometers in size) that also cause cloud formation down the wind stream. The Rain coaleses on the emission, dilluting it some what and then it rains the **** down on someone down wind.

Robbie

RWillieK said:
Not only do they use planes, but there are cloud seeding stations all over the US......they atomize a silver compound to form very small cloud nucleotides where very tiny water droplets form, coalese and then form clouds and rain.

Nice huh?
Here's something even better - many factory exhaust stack contain VOCs and PM-2.5 (particulate matter that is 2.5 micrometers in size) that also cause cloud formation down the wind stream. The Rain coaleses on the emission, dilluting it some what and then it rains the **** down on someone down wind.

Robbie
now i know why i've had that mysterious "cough" for 10 years?.

cloud seeding is right up there with making planes fly. how, and where did the technology spring from??. amazing stuff.

Meek One said:
Am I the only one that finds it strange that airplanes (man) now make clouds? What are you talking about, you may ask! I would have thought this was crazy too, until someone pointed it out to me and showed me the very act. Now, that my eyes have been opened so to speak its unbelievable how often this occurs. Go outside and look up. I can guarantee you that perhaps 25 percent of you will see a cloud that looks like a straight line. Over time it will spread from the line. Keep looking. Another airplane will make another line and another. Usually criss-crossing until the blue sky turns hazy. It happens in America, Europe etc. Usually in the early morning, but can be any time. It is a little scary if you ask me. Oddly, weathermen never mention this. Although any of you can see it (if it doesn't happen today, keep watching.), though everyone pretends it doesn't exist. It is so prevalent now especially now that you are looking for it, that they should have made up some sort of reasoning for us to think about, like it's to prevent ozone depletion or something. Anyone see the odd clouds, or the airplane right now making them? If, not monitor the skies for a week. Just for the record, most airplanes leave a very short vapor trail that disappears, not that stays for hours and turns into clouds. Thanks and sorry for ruining your day.

I do feel the need to educate you in some basics, even though this thread has nothing to do with cycling. Airplanes "making clouds" as you put it is nothing new and certainly not to prevent "ozone depletion or something".
The fact that some condensation trails (contrails) last longer than others is purely a factor of air temperature and humidity at the altitude the aircraft is flying at. The lower the humidity, the more non persistant the contrail until at a certain point contrails will not form. Low temperatures and high humidity cause the moisture in the exhaust gasses to condensate into ice crystals - known as persistant contrails. These "clouds" will spread out over time as the wind starts to dissipate them. Obviously if you are under an area of high air traffic density then under the right conditions the sky will become more obscured. Its all perfectly normal, nothing to do with the government, and nothing to worry about. I'm guessing you must be either quite young or extremely unobservant never to have noticed this before.
Thats not to say that man is not capable of making clouds / rain as the other posters have correctly pointed out. Everytime the space shuttle takes off, the product of the propellants (water vapour) condenses and falls as rain later on. I also think it wasn't unheard of for certain governments to spray chemicals into the atmosphere the day before big propaganda type parades, thereby ridding the air of moisture and hopefully leaving nice blue skies. I can't really qualify that one though. Hope this has been of some help.

Meek One said:
Apparently you paid little attention in science class! :eek:

So one plane does and the next doesn't under the same conditions. Sounds good to me. :rolleyes: When we were young and in first grade and got to draw pictures we typically drew the sun and some cumulus clouds, we didn't draw the sun and some pretty stripe tick-tack-toe boards which grace the skies now, BECAUSE they didn't exist, they were still some scientists dream! Just so happens that these aren't just contrails. When we were kids they were contrails. In 1997 or 1998 it changed. Check out this site I just came across.

http://www.chemtrailcentral.com/

PS It does have to do with cycling as you and I cycle under these skies and breathe this (perhaps tainted) air. And thanks for attacking me, I appreciate it. Oh and me dide due well in skool two, duh.

I am done with this. :)