General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

amphibious beach rescue vehicle

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 12 posts · 788 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
16 February 2005
Last activity
17 February 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
788
Views / 30 days
8

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi, my name is samantha and i am currently in my final year at
    staffordshire university. im a product design student ans as part of my
    final year i must devise a major project. I have chosen to design an
    amphibious vehicle to be used by lifeguards for beach and sea rescue
    situations. from my initial research i have decide that the vehicle
    must be small and compact but also must carry two rescuers and a
    caualty (concious and unconcious), there must also b room for a spinal
    board. What i would like feedback on is;

    Do you feel this is a plausable idea?

    What equipment do u feel necessary to include in the rescue vehicle?

    I welcome any comments you have surrounding this subject area

    I hope to hear from you soon, thanx

  2. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, my name is samantha and i am currently in my final year at
    staffordshire university. im a product design student ans as part of my
    final year i must devise a major project. I have chosen to design an
    amphibious vehicle to be used by lifeguards for beach and sea rescue
    situations. from my initial research i have decide that the vehicle
    must be small and compact but also must carry two rescuers and a
    caualty (concious and unconcious), there must also b room for a spinal
    board. What i would like feedback on is;

    Do you feel this is a plausable idea?

    What equipment do u feel necessary to include in the rescue vehicle?

    I welcome any comments you have surrounding this subject area

    I hope to hear from you soon, thanx

    Does Staffordshire Univesity have any english grammar (& spelling) courses?

  3. Does Staffordshire Univesity ...

    woops (-:

    it's University

  4. Quoted message said:

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, my name is samantha and i am currently in my final year at
    staffordshire university. im a product design student ans as part of my
    final year i must devise a major project. I have chosen to design an
    amphibious vehicle to be used by lifeguards for beach and sea rescue
    situations. from my initial research i have decide that the vehicle
    must be small and compact but also must carry two rescuers and a
    caualty (concious and unconcious), there must also b room for a spinal
    board. What i would like feedback on is;

    Do you feel this is a plausable idea?

    What equipment do u feel necessary to include in the rescue vehicle?

    I welcome any comments you have surrounding this subject area

    I hope to hear from you soon, thanx

    There used to be such a vehicle available on the open market. It may
    still be available for all I know.

    I forget the name, but it had six sand-tread oversize wheels, was
    capable of driving in loose sand, and was amphibious. It wasn't very
    fast, but it didn't need to be. It was the fore-runner of today's
    three- and four-wheelers.

    It was such fun that Hollywood used it as a key prop in a Saturday
    morning kiddy show long ago, featuring actors in monkey suits driving
    around a stage.

    Ross

  5. ha,ha! Not really the feed back i was looking for, but thanx anyway!

  6. Oh yeah, the Banana Splits:

    "One banana, two banana, three banana, four
    Four bananas make a bunch and so do many more.
    Over hill and highway the banana buggies go
    Comin' to bring you the Banana Split show "

    "Tra la la, la la la la
    Tra la la, la la la la "

    "Four banana, three banana, two banana, one
    All bananas playin' in the bright warm sun.
    Flippin' like a pancake, popping like a cork
    Fleagle, Bingo, Drooper an' Snork "

    IIRC Fleagle and Drooper were dogs, Bingo was a gorilla and Snork was
    an elephant.
    This is why I can't remember anything important, like my anniversary or
    phone number.

    I have a car enthusiast friend who can probably tell me all about the
    buggy.

  7. Hovercraft.

  8. Quoted message said:

    Hi, my name is samantha and i am currently in my final year at
    staffordshire university. im a product design student ans as part of my
    final year i must devise a major project. I have chosen to design an
    amphibious vehicle to be used by lifeguards for beach and sea rescue
    situations. from my initial research i have decide that the vehicle
    must be small and compact but also must carry two rescuers and a
    caualty (concious and unconcious), there must also b room for a spinal
    board. What i would like feedback on is;

    Do you feel this is a plausable idea?

    What equipment do u feel necessary to include in the rescue vehicle?

    I welcome any comments you have surrounding this subject area

    I hope to hear from you soon, thanx

    Does anybody use the beach in England? I thought it was mud & rubble.

    In Australia we make: http://www.zodiacrescueboats.com/
    Boats/ http://www.slsa.asn.au /emergency services/rescue helicopters should
    be coordinated.

    gtoomey

  9. http://www.watercar.com/index.html

  10. Man o' Tea said:

    http://www.watercar.com/index.html

    Can that be for real? It would be nice in Pittsburgh when there is a
    lot of traffic on the bridge--just zip across the river.
    Madelaine

  11. Madelaine said:
    Man o' Tea said:

    http://www.watercar.com/index.html

    Can that be for real? It would be nice in Pittsburgh when there is a
    lot of traffic on the bridge--just zip across the river.
    Madelaine


    Dont see how its going to do rescue thought.

    gtoomey

  12. No, but if I had $150,000 to spend on a car, this would be pretty cool.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.