Road Cycling · Public discussion

Annual birthday ride !

Started by zipp2001 · · Last activity · 9 posts · 1,395 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
29 April 2016
Last activity
24 May 2016
Original author
zipp2001
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,395
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I started doing my birthday rides 36 years ago, and todays was only the 4th one I didn't complete my age. I was 12 miles into my ride when at a light a woman behind me let me know I had a hole in my bibs. It wasn't bad to start but it kept growing. Thank goodness it was a tad chilly today and I wore a tee-shirt with leg and arm warmers. I was able to at least keep pulling the tee-shirt down lower as the hole got bigger. I had several people honk at me, like they've never seen an old white a** before. I decided before the hole exposed my entire a** I would head home. Oh well I guess I'm 36 this year.

  2. Happy birthday!

  3. Happy Birthday! Just ride double next year,lol...

  4. Happy Birthday!. Cool music selection btw. You know how it is when goody-goody people honk at you: they see you drivin', they hatin'. Enjoy the ride.

  5. Happy belated birthday man! Hope the ride was well and its a good idea to go on birthday rides. Doing an event that you enjoy a lot is such a great gift to you!

  6. First of all, may I greet you a happy 36th birthday. Second, I hope someone gifts you with a cycling short, hahahaaah. But seriously, that's a good idea to ride a distance related to your age. Sad to say, I cannot do that because my age is already a big number and what do you think would people think of me if they see what's behind my cycling shorts? Anyway, have a good day on your natal day.

  7. I wish I had roads like that where I live. I live in an urban area and roads like that are just nonexistent. Those look awesome to bike on.

  8. Everyone is entitled to show their a** a little on their birthday.

  9. Last year I managed to finish 70 miles for my 70th birthday. The year before, I go 50 of the 69, but having fought 25 mph headwinds with gusts even higher for most of that 50, I ran out of "gas" and had to have the wife come get me., I did the other 19 the following day.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.