another bar tape question

Eric

Guest
Does anybody use Tresso cloth or Benotto cello on ergo-style bars with
cables under the tape? The answer to this seems like an obvious "no"
because of the bumpiness, but I thought I'd throw it out there to see if
my assumptions are correct. I always liked the older tapes when I was
riding in the 80s but I also love my ergos..

-eric

I've been using cloth. Works fine for me. The cables are out of the
way.

Bill
<http://homepage.mac.com/macher/PhotoAlbum79.html>

"Eric" wrotet...
> Does anybody use Tresso cloth or Benotto cello on ergo-style bars with
> cables under the tape? The answer to this seems like an obvious "no"
> because of the bumpiness, but I thought I'd throw it out there to see if
> my assumptions are correct. I always liked the older tapes when I was
> riding in the 80s but I also love my ergos..
>
> -eric

The bars on my ergo-equipped bike have grooves for the brake and shifter
cables to fit into, so bumpiness would be a non-issue.
--
mark

Eric <[email protected]> wrote in news:rDH_e.639$Aw.9544
@typhoon.sonic.net:

> Does anybody use Tresso cloth or Benotto cello on ergo-style bars with
> cables under the tape? The answer to this seems like an obvious "no"
> because of the bumpiness, but I thought I'd throw it out there to see if
> my assumptions are correct. I always liked the older tapes when I was
> riding in the 80s but I also love my ergos..
>
> -eric

I had Dia-Compe AGC250 Aero levers on grooveless bars back in the late
'80s, wrapped with Benotto. Cables go on the 4 o'clock position on the bar,
out of your way.The tape held it in place just fine.

And Benotto was usually wrapped from the center of the bar to the ends,
with the excess tucked into the bar and held in place by the plugs. That's
not too common thses days, with the thick tape too difficult to secure with
plugs.