Road Cycling · Public discussion

Another Master National TT Champion

Started by Rik Van Diesel · · Last activity · 8 posts · 379 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
17 June 2004
Last activity
21 June 2004
Original author
Rik Van Diesel
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
379
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Or make that Elite. Maybe it's all the video games and tv that make the
    next generation soo slow in the US.
    Christine Thorburn
    Birthdate: 9/17/69

    RVD

  2. still elite.. everyone (especially us fattie masters)
    know that REAL masters categories don't start until
    you turn 35. she is still in the 'tween purgatory
    of 30somethings who aren't quite ready for the big leagues.

    9/17/69

    Quoted message said:

    RVD

  3. ooops.
    forgot racing age is as of end of year. needs
    more coffee and/or toes to count on.

  4. "Rik Van Diesel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Or make that Elite. Maybe it's all the video games and tv that make the
    next generation soo slow in the US.
    Christine Thorburn
    Birthdate: 9/17/69

    Well, the way things are going for me, I may not have enough free time to train
    seriously until I'm already master's age, and I don't play video games or watch
    TV (except cycling, of course). That's just a function of wanting to go to
    college (one which unfortunately doesn't have a cycling program, like Hamilton's
    University of Colorado), and try my hand at a musical career...

    -Sonarrat.

  5. "Sonarrat" <[email hidden]..> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "Rik Van Diesel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Or make that Elite. Maybe it's all the video games and tv that make the
    next generation soo slow in the US.
    Christine Thorburn
    Birthdate: 9/17/69

    Well, the way things are going for me, I may not have enough free time to train
    seriously until I'm already master's age, and I don't play video games or watch
    TV (except cycling, of course). That's just a function of wanting to go to
    college (one which unfortunately doesn't have a cycling program, like Hamilton's
    University of Colorado), and try my hand at a musical career...

    -Sonarrat.

    Fella, if you don't have enough time to train while you are in
    college, you never will. College is a cyclist's dream. It's WAY
    harder to train with a job. Trust me, I've done both.

    -RJ

  6. Ronaldo Jeremiah said:

    "Sonarrat" <[email hidden]..> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "Rik Van Diesel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Or make that Elite. Maybe it's all the video games and tv that make the
    next generation soo slow in the US.
    Christine Thorburn
    Birthdate: 9/17/69

    Well, the way things are going for me, I may not have enough free time to train
    seriously until I'm already master's age, and I don't play video games or watch
    TV (except cycling, of course). That's just a function of wanting to go to
    college (one which unfortunately doesn't have a cycling program, like Hamilton's
    University of Colorado), and try my hand at a musical career...

    -Sonarrat.

    Fella, if you don't have enough time to train while you are in
    college, you never will. College is a cyclist's dream. It's WAY
    harder to train with a job. Trust me, I've done both.

    How about college AND a job?

    -Sonarrat.

  7. In article <[email hidden]>, Sonarrat

    Quoted message said:
    Ronaldo Jeremiah said:

    "Sonarrat" <[email hidden]..> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "Rik Van Diesel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    >Or make that Elite. Maybe it's all the video games and tv that make the
    >next generation soo slow in the US.
    >Christine Thorburn
    >Birthdate: 9/17/69

    Well, the way things are going for me, I may not have enough free time to
    train
    seriously until I'm already master's age, and I don't play video games or
    watch
    TV (except cycling, of course). That's just a function of wanting to go to
    college (one which unfortunately doesn't have a cycling program, like
    Hamilton's
    University of Colorado), and try my hand at a musical career...

    -Sonarrat.

    Fella, if you don't have enough time to train while you are in
    college, you never will. College is a cyclist's dream. It's WAY
    harder to train with a job. Trust me, I've done both.

    How about college AND a job?

    I've done both. College life is easier because you don't have to ride
    after you get home from work (in the dark for four months) and you
    probably don't have a commute that makes your legs dead. You can
    usually go out for rides between classes.

    -WG

  8. Sonarrat <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Ronaldo Jeremiah said:

    "Sonarrat" <[email hidden]..> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "Rik Van Diesel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    >Or make that Elite. Maybe it's all the video games and tv that make the
    >next generation soo slow in the US.
    >Christine Thorburn
    >Birthdate: 9/17/69

    Well, the way things are going for me, I may not have enough free time to train
    seriously until I'm already master's age, and I don't play video games or watch
    TV (except cycling, of course). That's just a function of wanting to go to
    college (one which unfortunately doesn't have a cycling program, like Hamilton's
    University of Colorado), and try my hand at a musical career...

    -Sonarrat.

    Fella, if you don't have enough time to train while you are in
    college, you never will. College is a cyclist's dream. It's WAY
    harder to train with a job. Trust me, I've done both.

    How about college AND a job?

    -Sonarrat.

    Fair enough - that would make it a bit harder still.

    It can be done, though. It's all about using the time and resources
    that you do have (but I'm sure you already knew that).

    Where do you go to school?

    -RJ

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.