I was doing a rolling hop over a 1 foot high rail and the back of my wheel landed on the rail. So I flipped back, hit my head on the rail, and my ankle is seriously sprained or broken, however my dad refuses to take me in to get an x-ray even though I can't move my foot or walk. My weekend has been ruined and my dad has threatened to throw away my unicycle. I also got another gash on my shin from the pedal so my dad agreed to let me purchase some sixsixone 4x4's. 40$ put to good use. Any Ideas on what to do while I'm recovering? Currently I'm stuck to the couch with a tv.
[censored] that sounds bad......my dad is like that aswell ...he says stuff like ..."whats the point on risking your health for the sake of a unicycle"
grrr
i had an accident today and landed on my coccyx (sp!) and i prob cant ride for a good day or 2...but i always seem to land on it and it has to be the worst thing for me.......also when i killed my hand in a thread i made a while ago he gave me a lecture about...not unicycling lol
The same thing happened to me sort of. i have been on crutches the last few days. today was the first time I have got to ride since i crashed. all I could do was ride around because it sort of hurt to hop. I have a splint brace on it but I'll live. My dad said the same thing as your except my dad was joking because he know alot of the things I do can get me hurt.
-- Ricky W
Lucky 8 Unicyclist Unicycle for Christ and because it's fun my custom trials uni fund:$207 my unicyclist.com names: lucky_8 and Ricky W ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ricky W's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12663 View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/54979
my dad refuses to take me in to get an x-ray even though I can't move my foot or walk.
Your dad is an idiot. You go to school? Not on vacation? First thing, hobble over to the nurse's office and tell them what happenned and that you think you might have broken your foot. Better yet, just hobble over to a friend or neighbors' and ask them to take you to a hospital. If your foot was spained, you'd be able to move it. If your dad knew what he was doing, he'd be walking, and if you listen to him, you -won't- be.
Your dad is an idiot. You go to school? Not on vacation? First thing, hobble over to the nurse's office and tell them what happenned and that you think you might have broken your foot. Better yet, just hobble over to a friend or neighbors' and ask them to take you to a hospital. If your foot was spained, you'd be able to move it. If your dad knew what he was doing, he'd be walking, and if you listen to him, you -won't- be.
+1
You don't wanna be crippled for life just because your dad's being unreasonable. It might be your fault that you fell, but it's not a reason to avoid going to a hospital. It's your life, don't let others mess it up if you can help it.