General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Another version of Chiles Rellenos

Started by Puester · · Last activity · 110 posts · 926 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
11 September 2007
Last activity
19 September 2007
Original author
Puester
Posts
110
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
926
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 101–110 of 110
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Dee Dee said:

    "The Joneses" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Bobo Bonobo®" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    I will. It will most likely be Sunday afternoon, March 16th, 2008.
    We're planning on renting a car for 2 weeks, going to Santa Fe for a
    few days, Jemez for a day or two, over to the Pet Forest, staying in
    Grants the day before/day after. Then we're planning to hike the
    lava beds, then to White Sands. From there, over to Roswell (we're
    fans of the Roswell TV show, and the absurdity of the alien stuff...),
    then back to ABQ.
    Bryan - check out White Sands by the full moon. I'm not sure if they open
    that early in the year, but they do have their own website. They have
    guided tours & astronomy nuts & things on full moons in the summer. It is
    equally awesome by inclement weather on one side and sunshine just over
    the ridge. Who knows, we might see y'all there.
    I need a Roswell bumper sticker to make my life complete. I will be
    assimilated.
    Edrena

    I lived in Roswell for about a year and a half. My favorite thing were the
    Bottomless Lakes.
    http://www.newmexico.org/place/loc/parks/page/DB-place/place/526.html

    I see by the pictures that they are now tourist oriented. When I lived
    there in the early 60's, there was nothing around; one just took a look, but
    I was smitten.

    Dee Dee

    Thanks for the link to Bottomless Lakes.

    Next time you visit Ebay, do a search on Roswell. I personally liked
    the alien earrings. <g>

    Becca

  2. Dee Dee said:

    "The Joneses" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Bobo Bonobo®" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I will. It will most likely be Sunday afternoon, March 16th, 2008.
    We're planning on renting a car for 2 weeks, going to Santa Fe for a
    few days, Jemez for a day or two, over to the Pet Forest, staying in
    Grants the day before/day after. Then we're planning to hike the
    lava beds, then to White Sands. From there, over to Roswell (we're
    fans of the Roswell TV show, and the absurdity of the alien stuff...),
    then back to ABQ.

    Quoted message said:

    Bryan - check out White Sands by the full moon. I'm not sure if they open
    that early in the year, but they do have their own website. They have
    guided tours & astronomy nuts & things on full moons in the summer. It is
    equally awesome by inclement weather on one side and sunshine just over
    the ridge. Who knows, we might see y'all there.

    The park is open, but for some reason they ban alcoholic beverages in
    "the months of February, March, April and May."
    Oh, another place we can stop at is Hatch. True, it won't be chile
    season (for the fresh ones), but I bet I can get a yummy meal there.
    Heck, I'm about ready to call my wife at work and ask her if she
    thinks it's too early to make train reservations.
    I'm off work today because I have a sore throat. Doesn't hurt too bad
    right now, but it was awful overnight.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I need a Roswell bumper sticker to make my life complete. I will be
    assimilated.
    Edrena

    I lived in Roswell for about a year and a half. My favorite thing were the
    Bottomless Lakes.http://www.newmexico.org/place/loc/parks/page/DB-place/place/526.html

    I see by the pictures that they are now tourist oriented. When I lived
    there in the early 60's, there was nothing around; one just took a look, but
    I was smitten.

    It says that one of the lakes allows swimming. It says that the same
    lake has rainbow trout. I would not want to swim in any water that
    was cold enough for rainbow trout.

    Quoted message said:


    Dee Dee

    --Bryan

  3. "Bobo Bonobo®" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    On Sep 17, 10:08 pm, "Dee Dee" It says that one of the lakes allows
    swimming. It says that the same
    lake has rainbow trout. I would not want to swim in any water that
    was cold enough for rainbow trout.

    Quoted message said:


    Dee Dee

    While you're visiting in that region, stop off at St. Claire Winery in
    Deming. It is well worth the extra stop. Take a picnic, no food at the
    tasting room, beyond crackers, but oh, the wines. They do have some pricy
    imported cheese & sausage stuff. Speaking of trout, try the Pale Morning Dun
    white wine which is bottled for the San Juan Vineyard up by Navaho Dam, a
    world championship trout water. The winery bottles about a 100 different
    labels for various vineyards around the state, each made to their grower's
    specs. The Mademoiselle label is not too pricy, pretty nice dinner wines.
    The port is fabulous, 2 kinds. The people there have been very nice to me.
    Tell them that red wine pickled beet lady from El Paso sent you.
    Edrena

  4. "Becca" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Next time you visit Ebay, do a search on Roswell. I personally liked the
    alien earrings. <g>

    Becca

    Yes, I saw them. Do you listen to Art Bell?
    I liked the necklace of the design for the Roswell TV show, looks very
    Indian-ish.
    Will you be buying the alien earrings? You will make like friends ;-))

    I particularly like Indian jewelry, but don't buy it except for a few pieces
    over the many years. It just doesn't fit how I look; makes me look darned
    hokey.
    Dee Dee

  5. On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:09:00 -0500, Omelet <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Christine Dabney <[email hidden]> wrote:


    <snip>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Y'all gonna come up here? I got room...Edrena can attest to that!!!
    Come on over!!! We can have another mini-cook-in. Only this time
    Edrena has to do some cooking... Maybe I will stop calling her the
    scullery maid....

    Christine, ducking...

    <grins>

    Last time I was a house guest, I brought the food. Cornish Game Hen and
    Shrimps.

    They did the cooking, I did the cleanup! :-)

    allow me to send you my address...

    your pal,
    blake

  6. The Joneses said:

    "Bobo Bonobo®" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    news:[email hidden]...
    On Sep 17, 10:08 pm, "Dee Dee" It says that one of the lakes allows
    swimming. It says that the same
    lake has rainbow trout. I would not want to swim in any water that
    was cold enough for rainbow trout.

    Quoted message said:

    Dee Dee

    While you're visiting in that region, stop off at St. Claire Winery in
    Deming. It is well worth the extra stop. Take a picnic, no food at the
    tasting room, beyond crackers, but oh, the wines. They do have some pricy
    imported cheese & sausage stuff. Speaking of trout, try the Pale Morning Dun
    white wine which is bottled for the San Juan Vineyard up by Navaho Dam, a
    world championship trout water. The winery bottles about a 100 different
    labels for various vineyards around the state, each made to their grower's
    specs. The Mademoiselle label is not too pricy, pretty nice dinner wines.
    The port is fabulous, 2 kinds. The people there have been very nice to me.
    Tell them that red wine pickled beet lady from El Paso sent you.

    I'm peculiar in that I don't like wine. Oh, I've drank it, but it was
    only for the ethanol. The only alcoholic beverages that I like the
    taste of are really good beers and girly liqueurs like Chambord.

    Quoted message said:

    Edrena

    --Bryan

  7. "Bobo Bonobo®" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    The Joneses said:

    "Bobo Bonobo®" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    news:[email hidden]...
    On Sep 17, 10:08 pm, "Dee Dee" It says that one of the lakes allows
    swimming. It says that the same
    lake has rainbow trout. I would not want to swim in any water that
    was cold enough for rainbow trout.

    Quoted message said:

    Dee Dee

    While you're visiting in that region, stop off at St. Claire Winery in
    Deming. It is well worth the extra stop. Take a picnic, no food at the
    tasting room, beyond crackers, but oh, the wines. They do have some pricy
    imported cheese & sausage stuff. Speaking of trout, try the Pale Morning
    Dun
    white wine which is bottled for the San Juan Vineyard up by Navaho Dam, a
    world championship trout water. The winery bottles about a 100 different
    labels for various vineyards around the state, each made to their grower's
    specs. The Mademoiselle label is not too pricy, pretty nice dinner wines.
    The port is fabulous, 2 kinds. The people there have been very nice to me.
    Tell them that red wine pickled beet lady from El Paso sent you.

    I'm peculiar in that I don't like wine. Oh, I've drank it, but it was
    only for the ethanol. The only alcoholic beverages that I like the
    taste of are really good beers and girly liqueurs like Chambord.

    Quoted message said:

    Edrena

    --Bryan

    Check out their ports. I like the St. Claire 10 yr old one, Koko liked the
    other. They are both pretty sweet. The brewing part of the business is
    pretty fun to see.
    Edrena

  8. Dee Dee said:

    Yes, I saw them. Do you listen to Art Bell?
    I liked the necklace of the design for the Roswell TV show, looks very
    Indian-ish.
    Will you be buying the alien earrings? You will make like friends ;-))

    I particularly like Indian jewelry, but don't buy it except for a few pieces
    over the many years. It just doesn't fit how I look; makes me look darned
    hokey.
    Dee Dee

    No, I have not listened to Art Bell, so I did an online search. He
    sounds interesting.

    Becca

  9. In article <[email hidden]>,

    blake murphy said:

    On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:09:00 -0500, Omelet <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Christine Dabney <[email hidden]> wrote:


    <snip>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Y'all gonna come up here? I got room...Edrena can attest to that!!!
    Come on over!!! We can have another mini-cook-in. Only this time
    Edrena has to do some cooking... Maybe I will stop calling her the
    scullery maid....

    Christine, ducking...

    <grins>

    Last time I was a house guest, I brought the food. Cornish Game Hen and
    Shrimps.

    They did the cooking, I did the cleanup! :-)

    allow me to send you my address...

    your pal,
    blake

    <lol>

    They appreciated it too, especially when I scrubbed the broiler pan!
    --
    Peace, Om

    Remove _ to validate e-mails.

    "Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

  10. On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:58:50 -0500, Omelet <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    blake murphy said:

    On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:09:00 -0500, Omelet <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Christine Dabney <[email hidden]> wrote:


    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    >
    > Y'all gonna come up here? I got room...Edrena can attest to that!!!
    > Come on over!!! We can have another mini-cook-in. Only this time
    > Edrena has to do some cooking... Maybe I will stop calling her the
    > scullery maid....
    >
    > Christine, ducking...

    <grins>

    Last time I was a house guest, I brought the food. Cornish Game Hen and
    Shrimps.

    They did the cooking, I did the cleanup! :-)

    allow me to send you my address...

    your pal,
    blake

    <lol>

    They appreciated it too, especially when I scrubbed the broiler pan!

    you are a pearl beyond price.

    your pal,
    blake

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.