You guys ever heard of Jessica Philipps? The most beautiful face in cycling!
As for you SA residents complaining about having no international exposure, think of how I feel....ever heard of any Filipino pro cyclist? I didn't think so :P
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Road Cycling · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
You guys ever heard of Jessica Philipps? The most beautiful face in cycling!
As for you SA residents complaining about having no international exposure, think of how I feel....ever heard of any Filipino pro cyclist? I didn't think so :P
Quoted post said:As for you SA residents complaining about having no international exposure, think of how I feel....ever heard of any Filipino pro cyclist? I didn't think so
dont sook go out there and practice and maybe you will be the first one ;D ;D ;D
🙂 I dream about that everyday. However, it is just a dream 🙁
Hee hee, my 2 cents into the debate....<br /><br />In 94 I raced in Europe. It was those early days when we as South Africans didn't know much about the racing scene in Europe thanks to boycots as mentioned above.<br /><br />It was quite a shock to go from averages of around 37-42 Kph races in SA to 45+ kph races in Europe. I can proudly say that I "kakked" off over there. My system took some serious punishment. All I can say is that we were not exposed to real racing in SA. You get your bunch of exceptional riders that would ride away from the bunch and they would be in small groups of 5 to 10 riders. In Europe you are in a group of up to 120 riders at the same levels of fitness. And there is no letting up on pace to have a little chit chat as we were so used to in SA.<br /><br />For our guys slowly making inroads into Europe I take my helmet off to them. They are champions in their own right. And they should be regarded that way back home. It's a whole different level of riding over there to what we were used to back home. Not many riders from SA would be able to make it that easily over there but those who do, I hold them in high regard. Robbie Hunter also had to adjust and with time he has got to where he has today. <br /><br />So too if Anriette had to land a contract to race a big time womans team I am sure she will advance in leaps and bounds.<br /><br />We have been very disadvantaged during the boycott era but world watch out here comes a force to be reconed with.<br /><br />
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.