Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Any Ebay users on aus.bicycle- please help!

Started by nospam · · Last activity · 10 posts · 455 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
23 January 2004
Last activity
2 February 2004
Original author
nospam
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
455
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    I have a strange request for any aus.bicycle listers that also use
    Ebay. Last week, an Ebay seller had listed a brand new Bianchi for
    auction or "buy it now" sale. I gather that someone did buy the bike,
    as the ad dissapeared within the next day or so (approx last
    Sunday I believe). From memory, the bike was listed as a brand new
    Bianchi Evo Corsa, 53cm alloy frame, Campy Centaur? components, no
    pedals, never been ridden according to the seller. The bike had a buy
    it now price half of its RRP.The seller did not have their location
    listed in the advertisement.

    I am hoping that someone still has the link to this sellers
    advertisement in their "My Ebay" feature, or that someone has this
    page and accompanying photo saved in their machines cache. If so, I
    would greatly appreciate if they could e-mail me at
    sashan(nospam)@alphalink.com.au (remove "nospam" to get my real
    address) and provide the page or link. Any assistance would be
    wonderful.

    Thanks,

    Sasha

  2. Ooops, that should be remove (nospam) to get my real e-mail address.
    Sorry.

    Sasha

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:56:53 GMT, sashan(nospam)@alphalink.com.au

    (Sasha Nackovski) said:


    Hi,

    I have a strange request for any aus.bicycle listers that also use
    Ebay. Last week, an Ebay seller had listed a brand new Bianchi for
    auction or "buy it now" sale. I gather that someone did buy the bike,
    as the ad dissapeared within the next day or so (approx last
    Sunday I believe). From memory, the bike was listed as a brand new
    Bianchi Evo Corsa, 53cm alloy frame, Campy Centaur? components, no
    pedals, never been ridden according to the seller. The bike had a buy
    it now price half of its RRP.The seller did not have their location
    listed in the advertisement.

    I am hoping that someone still has the link to this sellers
    advertisement in their "My Ebay" feature, or that someone has this
    page and accompanying photo saved in their machines cache. If so, I
    would greatly appreciate if they could e-mail me at
    sashan(nospam)@alphalink.com.au (remove "nospam" to get my real
    address) and provide the page or link. Any assistance would be
    wonderful.

    Thanks,

    Sasha

  3. Why don't you just click on your History button then on the link that starts
    with "cgi.ebay" ?

    It should be in that listing. Just put your cursor over each one till you
    see the auction you were looking at and click on it.

    Failing that I think there is a feature in Ebay that allows you to search
    auctions that have closed. I haven't done it myself but I remember someone
    saying once that it was possible.

    Regards,

    --
    Tony

    [email hidden]

    Remove the fish to reply
    --= This is a fish anti-spam device =--

    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    "sashan (nospam) (Sasha Nackovski)" <@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
    news:4010feca.2744817@news...

    Quoted message said:

    Ooops, that should be remove (nospam) to get my real e-mail address.
    Sorry.

    Sasha

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:56:53 GMT, sashan(nospam)@alphalink.com.au

    (Sasha Nackovski) said:


    Hi,

    I have a strange request for any aus.bicycle listers that also use
    Ebay. Last week, an Ebay seller had listed a brand new Bianchi for
    auction or "buy it now" sale. I gather that someone did buy the bike,
    as the ad dissapeared within the next day or so (approx last
    Sunday I believe). From memory, the bike was listed as a brand new
    Bianchi Evo Corsa, 53cm alloy frame, Campy Centaur? components, no
    pedals, never been ridden according to the seller. The bike had a buy
    it now price half of its RRP.The seller did not have their location
    listed in the advertisement.

    I am hoping that someone still has the link to this sellers
    advertisement in their "My Ebay" feature, or that someone has this
    page and accompanying photo saved in their machines cache. If so, I
    would greatly appreciate if they could e-mail me at
    sashan(nospam)@alphalink.com.au (remove "nospam" to get my real
    address) and provide the page or link. Any assistance would be
    wonderful.

    Thanks,

    Sasha


  4. On eBay if you search for Bianchi then click "Completed Items" o
    the left hand menu you get a strange list of handgun accessories an
    one bike ...

    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3650548140&catego
    ry=7298http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3650548140
    &category=729

    -

  5. Hi,

    Thanks for the tip. I had already tried the search "Completed Items"
    feature and could not come up with the bike in question. I cannot
    quite recall if the seller actually had the word Bianchi in the
    listing title. I have tried searching various other possibilities, and
    still cannot come up with the bike I am looking for. It is very odd,
    and almsot as if the bike has been pulled completely off the Ebay
    database.

    Anyway, thanks again.

    Sasha

    joemax said:

    On eBay if you search for Bianchi then click "Completed Items" on
    the left hand menu you get a strange list of handgun accessories and
    one bike ....

    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3650548140&catego-
    ry=7298http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3650548140-
    &category=7298

    --

  6. There has been a number of listings on ebay with very attractive bike
    for sale recently, which like the one you refer to seem to disappear.
    can't confirm this but there might be a scam behind this to generat
    interest in attractive bikes to collect email addresses from bidders an
    try and sell other stuff to them?

    -

  7. Sellers can always pull out of an auction on eBay and then the item wil
    disappear. They may pull it for many reasons and yes it could be a sca
    for email addresses

    You may also have stumbled on an item available to Australia rather tha
    just listed here. Clicking on the "matching items from other countries
    link will give lots more Bianchi including one that says "never ridden
    and "no pedals"

    Joe

    -

  8. Nospam) (Sasha said:

    Hi,
    I have a strange request for any aus.bicycle listers that also use Ebay.
    Last week, an Ebay seller had listed a brand new Bianchi for auction or
    "buy it now" sale. I gather that someone did buy the bike, as the ad
    dissapeared within the next day or so (approx last Sunday I believe).
    From memory, the bike was listed as a brand new Bianchi Evo Corsa, 53cm
    alloy frame, Campy Centaur? components, no pedals, never been ridden
    according to the seller. The bike had a buy it now price half of its
    RRP.The seller did not have their location listed in the advertisement.
    I am hoping that someone still has the link to this sellers
    advertisement in their "My Ebay" feature, or that someone has this page
    and accompanying photo saved in their machines cache. If so, I would
    greatly appreciate if they could e-mail me at
    sashan(nospam)@alphalink.com.au (remove "nospam" to get my real address)
    and provide the page or link. Any assistance would be wonderful.
    Thanks,
    Sasha

    Hi Sasha, Sorry, but that auction is 99% likely to have been fraudulent
    There have been many lately the same. I saw a 04 Trek 5900 Going fo
    $2400, Titanium Litespeed for the same. Being naturally suspicious,
    contacted ebay, and was informed that people have been hacking int
    legitimate accounts, and advertising items for 'absolute bargains', i
    the hope someone will send money overseas somewhere, usually throug
    Western Union etc. The auctions I was talking about were removed a da
    later, and deleted. I would say that is what happened with the one yo
    were talking about. I am a regular ebayer, and have bought and sol
    heaps of stuff. If in doubt check the seller for feedback. Another plo
    is for a seller to buy heaps of small things to get their rating up
    then advertise expensive items such as bikes or plasma tv's in the hop
    of selling them as they have positive feedback. Also look to see wher
    the seller is located. I would be very wary of anyone overseas.... Hop
    this helps. Shan

    -

  9. braso said:

    Hi Sasha, Sorry, but that auction is 99% likely to have been fraudulent.
    There have been many lately the same. I saw a 04 Trek 5900 Going for
    $2400, Titanium Litespeed for the same. Being naturally suspicious, I
    contacted ebay, and was informed that people have been hacking into
    legitimate accounts, and advertising items for 'absolute bargains', in
    the hope someone will send money overseas somewhere, usually through
    Western Union etc. The auctions I was talking about were removed a day
    later, and deleted. I would say that is what happened with the one you
    were talking about. I am a regular ebayer, and have bought and sold
    heaps of stuff. If in doubt check the seller for feedback. Another ploy
    is for a seller to buy heaps of small things to get their rating up,
    then advertise expensive items such as bikes or plasma tv's in the hope
    of selling them as they have positive feedback. Also look to see where
    the seller is located. I would be very wary of anyone overseas.... Hope
    this helps. Shane

    Thanks Shane

    So that's what's goin on at ebay.com.au. I read (in The Age) abou
    that fraud happening overseas. Although suspicious, I did not realis
    that was happening on these occasions. But it was exactly what yo
    described nice bikes, with a low starting price, from a seller wit
    100% +ve feedback

    It’s really hard to contact Ebay directly about dodgy items, they mus
    have only a handful of people working for them in Sydney, proberly al
    in accounts

    Ebay is still a great place to get stuff, in particular items that doe
    not break in the mail. But keep you transactions to an item value yo
    can afford to loose

    powin

    -

  10. in accounts.

    Quoted message said:


    Ebay is still a great place to get stuff, in particular items that does
    not break in the mail. But keep you transactions to an item value you
    can afford to loose.

    powinc


    Or bid on things that are close by that you can go and pick up and exchange
    for cash.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.