Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Any left handers?

Started by Super Otaku · · Last activity · 32 posts · 4,409 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
28 May 2005
Last activity
13 January 2006
Original author
Super Otaku
Posts
32
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,409
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–32 of 32
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. NYY2183 said:

    just because it's our dominant hand does not mean that we do not know the diffrence between our front and back brakes...

    If you do not have time to think and only to react you will pull the front first,

    Why to they make the right
    break operate the back?

  2. basso97 said:

    If you do not have time to think and only to react you will pull the front first,

    Why to they make the right
    break operate the back?


    do you pull the front brake when you don't have time to react?

  3. I think that I am the only left hander in my family. I am the youngest of three, so my sibblings would tell me to use the "right" hand to throw, your hit the ball the other way. End result. I am wacked. Throw a baseball right, throw football left, catcher in baseball right handed, goalie in ice hockey left handed (catch glove on right hand). Shoot a bow right handed, gun left handed. There is a laundry list of others. Guess I am the milk man's kid?

  4. I'm a lefty

  5. oztrev said:

    I'm left-handed. There are only a few things I do left-handed though ie:

    1. Write (although I slant my words to the right like a right-handed person).
    2. Eat with a spoon in my left hand
    3. Play cricket/golf
    4. Shave
    5. Brush my teeth

    Everything else I do right-handed, with the dominant side of my body being the right side.

    I'm pretty much the same, although I don't golf left-handed. (Some would suggest I don't golf at all.) I don't play cricket, but I bat right-handed in baseball; same thing I suppose.

    I really can't say that being a lefty has ever affected me in cycling.

  6. I'm an ambidexter. I do stuff with both hands. I play billiards equally with both hands. I tend to write with my right hand though since that's the one I was told to use but I write equally untidy and slow with both of them. May be I should try my foot next.
    I can do most other things with both hands with equal ease. It's extremely useful for things like using a screwdriver where you cannot always use one particular hand because it's in an inconvenient angle, or shaving the righthand side of your face with your right hand and vice versa. 🙂

  7. basso97 said:

    If you do not have time to think and only to react you will pull the front first,


    Do you have data to back this up?
    I have never done this and I am as left handed as I can be.

  8. Sounds like a lot of you are ambidextrous. I am purely left handed. I guess I only adapted to two things in this right handed world. In the USA, driving a stick with my right hand, and also using a mouse on a computer with my right hand.

    Any lefys ever get into a fight? It's great surprising the person with a surprise left hook! 😄

  9. JouteiMike said:


    Any lefys ever get into a fight? It's great surprising the person with a surprise left hook! 😄


    Even more surprising when the guy you're fighting is also left-handed and he throws it first.:eek:

    You know, I swing a bat lefty but swing a golf club righty...Odd. I don't play golf but, as a kid, I worked at a driving range. Same basic movements, but I feel wierd doing it any other way.

  10. I am also lefted handed however in baseball i bat righty...i learned to do things right handed because with all the broken bones i had i was just getting ready.😎

    Super Otaku said:

    Any left handers in this forum? I'm one, and from my experience, the left handers I know are weird people, except me( other people thinks I'm crazy).

  11. JouteiMike said:

    Sounds like a lot of you are ambidextrous.

    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

  12. ^^^LOL^^^

    Another lefty here.
    Mouse with right.

    I have done some nice front wheel stops but never flown over the bars, as I have much better control of the muscles in my left. Ambidextrous in many things, like racquet sports. Makes sparring in Karate fun when I can switch hands at will, or strike with both hands at the same time....lol Wonderfully messy and smudgy in my left handed writing as I push across the paper.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.