Any tips on riding one footed backwards?

Fraggle

Guest
Hi,

I have decided that I want to ride backwards one footed. I can mount
idle and ride one footed fine, and riding backwards two footed is fine
too. When trying one footed backwards, i'm having a spot of trouble
figuring out where to put my foot, and how to position the unicycle.

So, anyone have any tips on this?

Thanks.

F.

--
Fraggle

I'm still learning but getting better. You put your foot up on the
frame, and make sure you have your back straight. Start out going slow
backwards and once your nt foot comes to the top take your other
foot off and press down with your nt foot. Make sure you leave
off pressure before going across the bottom point. Also try it along a
hand rail.

Good Luck

--
unicycle nut

Fraggle wrote:
> I can mount idle and ride one footed fine, and riding backwards two
> footed is fine too.

Can you idle one-footed? I can. I can't ride backwards one-footed
though, at least not more than a single revolution and definitely not
consistently. I've spent maybe an hour total even trying, and I
started from a one-foot idle. Maybe learning one-footed idling could
help?

For me, the only really difficult part is getting over the top of the
stroke when moving backwards. Sem's advice via John sounds good. I'll
have to try it sometime.

--
phlegm

Phlegm, Yep, I can idle one footed. Tried one footed backwards last
night in the youth centre hall, got 2 rev's at the most then found the
floor.

Cheers Johnfoss, I'll be heading to a nice long wooden pier with hand
rails either side in minute, so I will keep that in mind.

Thanks for the advice guys.

F.

--
Fraggle