rec.bicycles.rides · Public discussion

Anybody here from St. Louis?

Started by Pat · · Last activity · 6 posts · 815 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides
Published
18 March 2008
Last activity
20 March 2008
Original author
Pat
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
815
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I need to figure out a way to get from downtown St. Louis out to St.
    Charles. The metrolink stops at the airport, so I am looking for the proper
    bus route. I went on the bus website, but the street names don't mean
    anything to me.

    Can someone help with the bus route?

    thanks,

    Pat in TX

  2. Pat said:

    I need to figure out a way to get from downtown St. Louis out to St.
    Charles. The metrolink stops at the airport, so I am looking for the proper
    bus route. I went on the bus website, but the street names don't mean
    anything to me.

    Can someone help with the bus route?

    thanks,

    Pat in TX

    The bus lines do not cross the Missouri river to St. Charles, MO.
    http://www.metrostlouis.org/MetroBus/SystemMap.asp click on Missouri
    System Map. The orange route goes past the airport, on I70, into
    Earth City on the east side of the Missour river (blue), then back on
    MO370. St. Charles is on the other side of the river, you have to
    take the I70 or MO370 bridge across. So you will need to take a
    shuttle or cab from the airport. If you are on bicycle, you can swing
    further south and take the bike trail along side the Page Ave bridge
    over the Missouri. MO370 allows bicycle shoulder access, but you are
    right up against 80mph traffic without barriers.

    http://www.stlbikefed.org/RoadsTrails/Bridgeaccess/tabid/126/Default.aspx

    http://mobikefed.org/momaps.php


  3. Quoted message said:


    The bus lines do not cross the Missouri river to St. Charles, MO.
    http://www.metrostlouis.org/MetroBus/SystemMap.asp click on Missouri
    System Map.

    thanks. I guess that explains why the woman who runs the shuttle at the B&B
    in St. Charles wants me to go to Kirkwood for pickup. I could take the train
    to Kirkwood, but it leaves at 4 p.m. and I thought a bus would be a quicker,
    cheaper way. Maybe I could get a bus to Kirkwood?

    Pat in TX

  4. Pat said:
    Quoted message said:

    The bus lines do not cross the Missouri river to St. Charles, MO.
    http://www.metrostlouis.org/MetroBus/SystemMap.aspclick on Missouri
    System Map.

    thanks. I guess that explains why the woman who runs the shuttle at the B&B
    in St. Charles wants me to go to Kirkwood for pickup. I could take the train
    to Kirkwood, but it leaves at 4 p.m. and I thought a bus would be a quicker,
    cheaper way. Maybe I could get a bus to Kirkwood?

    Pat in TX

    Further south from Page Ave is the US40 I64 crossing then the MO47
    crossing in Washington MO. Is that where the B&B is?

    Kirkwood is to the southwest of downtown, NE of I270 & I44. Kirkwood
    Commons
    (Target/Wal-Mart/Lowes) is just north of I44 on Linburgh with bus
    routes 11 / (49) / 59 passing in front. The Amtrak / Bus stop
    location is shown as opening April 2008 near the main Metro bus stop,
    11 / 59 are here, not bus 49. Looks like 59 zig zags through the west
    side, then down to Kirkwood, 11 goes south to the Brewery then heads
    west to Kirkwood, less congested.

  5. Further south from Page Ave is the US40 I64 crossing then the MO47
    crossing in Washington MO. Is that where the B&B is?

    Bed & Breakfast
    1309 N. Fifth St.
    St. Charles Mo. 63301

    That's where the B&B is. Thanks for your help. I like to try and plan these
    things in advance. Riding the Amtrak seems to be a fun idea, but it sure is
    turning out to be a pain in the butt in other things. As I go along with
    this planning, a little voice keeps saying "Just drive the car up there!"

    Pat in TX

  6. Pat said:

    Further south from Page Ave is the US40 I64 crossing then the MO47
    crossing in Washington MO. Is that where the B&B is?

    Bed & Breakfast
    1309 N. Fifth St.
    St. Charles Mo. 63301

    That's where the B&B is. Thanks for your help. I like to try and plan these
    things in advance. Riding the Amtrak seems to be a fun idea, but it sure is
    turning out to be a pain in the butt in other things. As I go along with
    this planning, a little voice keeps saying "Just drive the car up there!"

    Pat in TX

    Bus 32 goes from downtown North on 14th, East on Market, South on
    Tucker, East on Clark, North on 9th, West on Cass / MLK / St Charles
    Rock Road to Earth city, right across the river from St Charles. Just
    West of I270 is an Olive Garden at 3552 Pennridge Dr, Bridgeton, MO
    63044 (314) 739-1274, the remainder of the route is office /
    warehouse / light manufacturing businesses. Map:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=16087022638254734759,38.627780,-90.199690%3B6122570537398947656,38.625910,-90.198850%3B2344124508131606857,38.624450,-90.195924%3B8230568481569194246,38.636635,-90.190726&saddr=Spruce+%26+14th+St,+St+Louis,+MO&daddr=Market+St+%4038.627780,+-90.199690+to:S+Tucker+Blvd+%4038.625910,+-90.198850+to:Clark+Ave+%4038.624450,+-90.195924+to:N+9th+St+%4038.636635,+-90.190726+to:3552+Pennridge+Dr,+Bridgeton,+MO+63044&sll=38.629812,-90.198011&sspn=0.030106,0.080338&dirflg=h&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=11

    The maps below are the two options for last 6 mile leg of the trip.
    I70 is 0.3 miles shorter and busier. MO370 is viable by bicycle.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=3552+Pennridge+Dr,+Bridgeton,+MO+63044&daddr=1309+N.+Fifth+St.,+St.+Charles+Mo.+63301&sll=38.771618,-90.464001&sspn=0.060092,0.160675&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=13
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=1138934303600739392,38.787047,-90.458587&saddr=3552+Pennridge+Dr,+Bridgeton,+MO+63044&daddr=Earth+City+Expy+%4038.787047,+-90.458587+to:38.800119,-90.475674+to:1309+N.+Fifth+St.,+St.+Charles+Mo.+63301&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=2&sz=13&via=1,2&sll=38.807744,-90.464001&sspn=0.060062,0.160675&ie=UTF8&ll=38.771618,-90.464001&spn=0.060092,0.160675&t=h&z=13

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.