Quoted message said:In article <[email hidden]>, "Bob M"
<[email hidden]> wrote:
:Anyone get an upset stomach from vitamins? I haven't figured out exactly
:what is giving me an upset stomach (and it may be a combination of
:vitamins), but the upset stomach is hard for me, as it causes what feels
:like hunger pangs. This causes me to eat again (nothing bad -- usually
:raw carrots, a pickle, etc.), which I shouldn't have to do since I just
:ate.
I haven't - but I've heard that it's not uncommon. Probably a result
of the 'binding' agent. Unless you're taking something weird (weight
loss vitamins, herbals, etc.). Weight loss vitamins (One-A-Day
Weight Smart) in particular have some ingredients that can cause
stomach upset in some people.
Other than that, switching brands will probably help. I like Centrum,
Swiss, and One-A-Day (Men's/Women's).
Taking it after your meal and/or with milk might also help.
Time-release formulas would probably help too.
I've also heard of people almost choking to death on a vitamin, as
there are no regulations on size, shape, etc. (more and more people
are looking for more-and-more in their vitamin, and that, combined
with binding compounds, expecially those time released vitamins, make
some pills quite large).
I've never choked, but I've had some that I just could not swallow.