rec.bicycles.marketplace · Public discussion

Anyone know of coupons for Performance?

Started by Daniel Mendoza · · Last activity · 9 posts · 243 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.marketplace
Published
9 November 2004
Last activity
22 November 2004
Original author
Daniel Mendoza
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
243
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Please email them directly to my email, I want to place an order and save.

    Thanks,

    Daniel

  2. Do a search on Google, it will usually turn up something.
    "Daniel Mendoza" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Please email them directly to my email, I want to place an order and save.

    Thanks,

    Daniel

  3. Performance has a new policy. You must mail in your coupon to get
    credit. It's a big pain and hassle that they had to instill cuz
    everyone was trading 20% off coupons online.

  4. http://www.funtasia.net/Coupons.php?Merchant=Performance+Bicycle

  5. Actually, it gets more interesting. I just talked with someone at
    Performance. It seems that the web coupons were put on the web without
    authorization from Performance.(???) The new policy is that, as stated
    above, you must have a paper coupon that must be redeemed. It seems these
    paper coupons are sent to "random customers" in selected regions of the
    country at different times of the year. So there are currently no
    "universal" coupons, unless, of course, they publish one in their catalog --
    but that would be the equivalent of a sale, wouldn't it?

    And, sure enough, the reason they went to this new policy was that the web
    couopons were "being abused." I assume that means that folks were buying
    lots of stuff from Performance. So, lets see. People buying stuff =
    merchandise going out the door = profits. Has Performance filed for
    bankruptcy? Are they losing money? Would they rather hold on to their
    inventory of last years merchandise? I don't get it. Maybe they will stop
    having sales as well. I'm sure people abuse them by buying too much stuff.

    Capitalism reigns supreme.

    "bike writer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Performance has a new policy. You must mail in your coupon to get
    credit. It's a big pain and hassle that they had to instill cuz
    everyone was trading 20% off coupons online.

  6. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    ....

    Quoted message said:

    And, sure enough, the reason they went to this new policy was that the web
    couopons were "being abused." I assume that means that folks were buying
    lots of stuff from Performance. So, lets see. People buying stuff =
    merchandise going out the door = profits. Has Performance filed for

    But going out the door at a reduced price = reduced profits. Almost all
    companies which use coupons target them to specific customers or regions
    for various marketing reasons. Letting anybody use them cuts into their
    profits without getting the marketing results they want from targeted
    coupons.

    Quoted message said:

    bankruptcy? Are they losing money? Would they rather hold on to their
    inventory of last years merchandise? I don't get it. Maybe they will stop
    having sales as well. I'm sure people abuse them by buying too much stuff.

    When they have sales, it is normally on specific items, not the entire
    catalog.

    .....

    --
    Remove the ns_ from if replying by e-mail (but keep posts in the
    newsgroups if possible).

  7. I used coupon 6000404 on an internet order Friday and got 20% off my total
    order.

    Frank

    "RJ Peterson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Actually, it gets more interesting. I just talked with someone at
    Performance. It seems that the web coupons were put on the web without
    authorization from Performance.(???) The new policy is that, as stated
    above, you must have a paper coupon that must be redeemed. It seems these
    paper coupons are sent to "random customers" in selected regions of the
    country at different times of the year. So there are currently no
    "universal" coupons, unless, of course, they publish one in their


    catalog --

    Quoted message said:

    but that would be the equivalent of a sale, wouldn't it?

    And, sure enough, the reason they went to this new policy was that the web
    couopons were "being abused." I assume that means that folks were buying
    lots of stuff from Performance. So, lets see. People buying stuff =
    merchandise going out the door = profits. Has Performance filed for
    bankruptcy? Are they losing money? Would they rather hold on to their
    inventory of last years merchandise? I don't get it. Maybe they will


    stop

    Quoted message said:

    having sales as well. I'm sure people abuse them by buying too much


    stuff.

    Quoted message said:


    Capitalism reigns supreme.

    "bike writer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Performance has a new policy. You must mail in your coupon to get
    credit. It's a big pain and hassle that they had to instill cuz
    everyone was trading 20% off coupons online.

  8. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Frank said:

    I used coupon 6000404 on an internet order Friday and got 20% off my total
    order.

    Call your credit card company to make sure the charge is what you think.
    Performance has a bad habit of giving one total on their web site, but
    a different total on your credit card bill.

  9. RJ Peterson said:

    Actually, it gets more interesting. I just talked with someone at
    Performance. It seems that the web coupons were put on the web
    without authorization from Performance.(???) The new policy is that,
    as stated above, you must have a paper coupon that must be redeemed.
    It seems these paper coupons are sent to "random customers" in
    selected regions of the country at different times of the year. So
    there are currently no "universal" coupons, unless, of course, they
    publish one in their catalog -- but that would be the equivalent of a
    sale, wouldn't it?

    Well, they do send out coupon codes with every order. Plus you get a flyer with
    their best deals, which aren't offered anywhere else.

    I saw Performance and Nashbar coupons at Fatwallet last night. Since Fatwallet
    has a link for a further 2%, I assume these companies have some kind of official
    relationship, and the coupons offered there are legit.

    Matt O.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.