Anyone need lighting

dtmeister wrote:
> Bean Long <[email protected]> wrote:
>> For those who don't often visit Torpedo7, they are flogging a handy
>> looking bike light for $74(AUD).
>>
>> http://www.torpedo7.com/t7au/NP-LIG-STAR.html?source=newsletter

> That's not bad. If only they'd add another $5 to the price and make the
> charger something more than a device to slow broil the battery.. :(

yeah... not too sure about lead-acid. A bit hefty at 1.2 kg!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Bean Long <[email protected]> wrote:
> dtmeister wrote:
>> Bean Long <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> For those who don't often visit Torpedo7, they are flogging a handy
>>> looking bike light for $74(AUD).
>>>
>>> http://www.torpedo7.com/t7au/NP-LIG-STAR.html?source=newsletter

>> That's not bad. If only they'd add another $5 to the price and make the
>> charger something more than a device to slow broil the battery.. :(
>>

> yeah... not too sure about lead-acid. A bit hefty at 1.2 kg!

For the price, it still looks a good buy. I think the big downside is
that the non smart charger will fry the battery in less than a year
unless the user takes pains to minimise overcharge. Annoyingly, it's
really simple and cheap to charge these things properly, but the
lower end stuff always scrimps on this bit. :(

--
..dt

dtmeister wrote:
> Bean Long <[email protected]> wrote:
> > dtmeister wrote:

> >> That's not bad. If only they'd add another $5 to the price and make the
> >> charger something more than a device to slow broil the battery.. :(
> >>

> > yeah... not too sure about lead-acid. A bit hefty at 1.2 kg!

> For the price, it still looks a good buy. I think the big downside is
> that the non smart charger will fry the battery in less than a year
> unless the user takes pains to minimise overcharge. Annoyingly, it's
> really simple and cheap to charge these things properly, but the
> lower end stuff always scrimps on this bit. :(

I just got a couple of them to use as loaners.