Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Anyone ride a Cervelo?

Started by WARrider · · Last activity · 8 posts · 1,252 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
9 June 2004
Last activity
11 June 2004
Original author
WARrider
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,252
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm really looking into the Cervelo SuperProdigy. I want a steel frame, the SuperProdigy has it, it also has a carbon fork and carbon seatstay, and full ultegra for $1799. If anyone knows anything about the SuperProdigy or the company Cervelo.

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by WARrider
    I'm really looking into the Cervelo SuperProdigy. I want a steel frame, the SuperProdigy has it, it also has a carbon fork and carbon seatstay, and full ultegra for $1799. If anyone knows anything about the SuperProdigy or the company Cervelo.

    I assume that's US dollars.

    Although, I'm sure it does NOT have a carbon rear.

    I don't have one, but I'm also planning to get one. I've done a lot of research in the steel area, and have decided this is the frame for me. It seems to be a good price compared to 'similar' stuff like Scapins, etc.

  3. I think you mean a carbon seatpost.

    An excellent bike and currently very good value.

  4. How about the Torelli Brianza? It has a steel frame, but it has Campagnolo Veloce/Mirage mix. I know nothing at all about Campagnolo, but I do have a LBS that sells Torelli which is a plus. And it is few hundred dollars cheaper then the Cervelo.

  5. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by WARrider
    How about the Torelli Brianza? It has a steel frame, but it has Campagnolo Veloce/Mirage mix. I know nothing at all about Campagnolo, but I do have a LBS that sells Torelli which is a plus. And it is few hundred dollars cheaper then the Cervelo.

    I don't know much about the frame and accessories, but the Campag Veloce groupset is a few notches below an Ultegra. Mirage is even lower. A Mirage/Veloce mix is about the same as a Tiagra, in terms of value for money.

  6. Cervelo have 2 of only 3 or 4 steel frames to EVER pass the EFBe fatigue test in Germany (http://www.efbe.de/defbefrm.htm); this is what has clinched the deal for me because I've cracked a few frames, and if I'm gunna ride a steel frame under 1600g, I want it to be strong.

    If you go to the EFBe web site, click on "English version", then click on "Road frames New 06/2004" and check out all those Cervelos!!

  7. I have a 13-month old Super Prodigy, and have had no problems. Thought it's steel, it's stiffer than what I'm used to (an old steel bike).

    It's only been 13 months, but it's held my 200-lb. [censored] pretty well. :-) My only beefs are the Shimano 540 wheels (too light for me), and the fact that the bike is cheaper this year than when I bought mine last year!

  8. Cervelo is a top brand. That's why I bought a Soloist.

    The Super Prodigy looks great, and the shop near me sells them like crazy.

    As for the Ultegra vs. Veloce... I have Chorus on one bike, and Veloce on the other. Me no likey the Veloce as much. If I had to choose between Ultegra and Veloce/Mirage mix, I'd cross over to Shimano for sure.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.