Anyone Rockin' a Langster?

PBRSTREETGANG

Dec 10, 2010
Who out there is currently riding a Specialized Langster? Aluminum or chromo - it doesn't matter. If so, and you got pics to share, even better. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

What mods have you done to yours? What are your likes / dislikes?

I'm currently in the process of picking up an LA (can't wait) - pics soon to follow!

Kris

I've got a 08 Langster London. Rode it for a while, now it's mostly stock. I bought it mainly for its paint job and limited production numbers. Right now it's got MKS sylvan tracks with MKS cages and straps, white randos and i upgraded the headset to sealed bearings. I still pull it out for car shows (i roll British cars) and ride it to work sometimes. I've got other bikes that aren't as rare that i ride more now. Anyways, it looks like this now.

Every Langster owner i've met is not a fixie freak but a fashion victim, i;m sure they're a good bike but someone will have to demonstrate that my experience of them is just unfortunate

Here's mine http://www.cyclingforums.com/t/454253/lets-see-your-fixedgear-and-ss-bikes/45#post_4012530

I have a Langster with 48-17 freewheel. I use it to train on. This gear ratio lets me bike with groups maintaining 20mph. I also have a Giant Bowrey 46-17 freewheel that seems much quicker, more nimble and responsive. I let kids who are thinking of getting into road biking ride these on our group rides. The Langster is a much cooler looking bike so the newbies usually grab the Langster first or untill they ride the Bowery. If I can add one more point that I feel is critical, but perhaps unexplainable, and that is the following. I ride a 18 mile course that is very hilly, 12 steep climbs over 18 miles. The Bowery brings me home faster, even with the stronger gear ratio, but I feel safer on the downhills riding the Langster. I'm thinking of getting rid of one of them and I'm torn over Stability and Style vs Speed and responsiveness.