Road Cycling · Public discussion

Anyone try the Sambazon stuff (not affil.)

Started by Badger_south · · Last activity · 9 posts · 3,698 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
16 February 2004
Last activity
16 February 2004
Original author
Badger_south
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,698
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've been testing out the Brazilian fruit drink from Sambazon, called 'acai', (pron. Ah-Sig-ee),
    promoted as an 'energy drink'.

    Anyone here tried it?

    A number of pretty decent athletes promote the stuff (on their site), but it's hard to find in local
    healthfood stores.

    -B

  2. Badger_South from said:

    I've been testing out the Brazilian fruit drink from Sambazon, called 'acai', (pron. Ah-Sig-ee),
    promoted as an 'energy drink'.

    Anyone here tried it?

    A number of pretty decent athletes promote the stuff (on their site), but it's hard to find in
    local healthfood stores.

    What's in it?

    --
    [email hidden]
    Do something boring.
    109

  3. Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:11:08 -0600,
    <[email hidden]>, Kevan Smith

    Quoted message said:

    What's in it?

    "Anthocyanins, plant sterol and essential fatty acids."

    It finds your keys and brings you your slippers, reduces your prostrate and boosts your
    immune system.

    Looks like just what we need for flushing out all that blue-green algae we had to eat 10 years ago.
    --
    zk

  4. On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:55:01 -0800, Zoot Katz <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:11:08 -0600, <[email hidden]>, Kevan Smith <Kevan@mouse-

    potato.com said:

    What's in it?

    "Anthocyanins, plant sterol and essential fatty acids."

    It finds your keys and brings you your slippers, reduces your prostrate and boosts your
    immune system.

    Looks like just what we need for flushing out all that blue-green algae we had to eat 10 years ago.

    Hey, algae is great. Especially when fried crisp. And enjoyed with century eggs & a bit of soy
    sauce. An excellent appetizer.

    -Luigi Patres ex porta Pariana parti sunt

    www.livejournal.com/users/ouij Photos, Rants, Raves

  5. On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:58:34 -0500, Luigi de Guzman <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Zoot Katz said:

    Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:11:08 -0600, <[email hidden]>, Kevan Smith <Kevan@mouse-

    potato.com said:

    What's in it?

    "Anthocyanins, plant sterol and essential fatty acids."

    It finds your keys and brings you your slippers, reduces your prostrate and boosts your
    immune system.

    Looks like just what we need for flushing out all that blue-green algae we had to eat 10
    years ago.

    Hey, algae is great. Especially when fried crisp. And enjoyed with century eggs & a bit of soy
    sauce. An excellent appetizer.

    Well, it may be coincidence, but here's what I experienced.

    I started eating the Sambazon acai, which is pulp of the brazilian palmberry, and within a week, I
    had the 'energy' to go to an additional workout each day. The soreness is less, and I feel better
    recovery after a workout. The stuff comes frozen in a pack about the size of a paperback book and
    1/4" thick, four of these to a zippack.

    I eat it straight out of the freezer after a ride, like those pushup pops you got as a kid, and even
    though the instructions say mix it with stuff to make a smoothie type of drink, it doesn't taste too
    concentrated, in fact just right.

    Think what you may, try it or not.

    There were a few athletes on the site touting it as an 'energy' drink, and I thought, 'oh, like
    coffee', but for me, it didn't have that effect. In fact it took a week of eating it until I felt
    the effect of more energy - not a 'jolt' like guarana, or caffeine, which is what I expected.

    Again, I'm not affil., just thought I'd share my experiences...

    -B

  6. Zoot Katz said:

    Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:11:08 -0600, <[email hidden]>, Kevan Smith <Kevan@mouse-
    potato.com> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    What's in it?

    Quoted message said:

    "Anthocyanins, plant sterol and essential fatty acids."

    Quoted message said:

    It finds your keys and brings you your slippers, reduces your prostrate and boosts your
    immune system.

    Quoted message said:

    Looks like just what we need for flushing out all that blue-green algae we had to eat 10
    years ago.

    Zoot, Zoot, Zoot. Where is your sense of adventure? Personally I think that this will be the next
    big thing in sports drinks:

    vaam-power.comvaam-power.com

    --
    Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g I for one welcome our new hornet stomach
    juice drinking overlords.

  7. Dane Jackson said:
    Zoot Katz said:

    Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:11:08 -0600, <[email hidden]>, Kevan Smith <Kevan@mouse-
    potato.com> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    What's in it?

    Quoted message said:

    "Anthocyanins, plant sterol and essential fatty acids."

    Quoted message said:

    It finds your keys and brings you your slippers, reduces your prostrate and boosts your immune
    system.

    Quoted message said:

    Looks like just what we need for flushing out all that blue-green algae we had to eat 10
    years ago.

    Zoot, Zoot, Zoot. Where is your sense of adventure? Personally I think that this will be the next
    big thing in sports drinks:

    vaam-power.comvaam-power.com

    Hah it's been years since I first heard of that 'hornet juice' stuff. I'm surprised it's made it
    into a website. I notice they didn't give out any emails, along with the names, though. (?) ;-)

    But don't laugh. When I was running a lot of 10k races, I -swore- on the benes of eating some 'High
    Desert Bee Pollen' tablets 1/2 hour before each race. I -really- did seem to get an energy boost and
    over all sense of good feeling from the stuff.

    My theory is try stuff, and keep what works for you, until it doesn't. Plenty of people put down
    anything but 'Food'(tm), but hey, some things just seem to work, even beyond the placebo effect.

    By the way, I don't think the Sambazon stuff helps with your 'prostrate',
    b/c that's just laying down on the job, ya know. ;-p

    Oddly, I was able to find both my keys and my glasses in record time the other day, though...

    -B

  8. On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:55:01 -0800, Zoot Katz <[email hidden]> from

    Balsa Pacific Aero Ltd. Engineering & Bicycle Mongery said:

    Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:11:08 -0600, <[email hidden]>, Kevan Smith <Kevan@mouse-

    potato.com said:

    What's in it?

    "Anthocyanins, plant sterol and essential fatty acids."

    It finds your keys and brings you your slippers, reduces your prostrate and boosts your
    immune system.

    Looks like just what we need for flushing out all that blue-green algae we had to eat 10 years ago.

    Seems to be just an exotic fruit drink with sugar and caffeine from Guarana and lots of Vitamin
    C ( sambazon.comacai nutfacts.jpg ). At 400 calories a bottle, though, I'm
    gonna pass.

    --
    [email hidden]
    Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element.
    78

  9. "Badger_South" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:


    My theory is try stuff, and keep what works for you, until it doesn't. Plenty of people put down
    anything but 'Food'(tm), but hey, some things just seem to work, even beyond the placebo effect.

    My years-long search for a power beverage ended when I discovered Yoo-Hoo.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.